Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4233383 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #18870 on: April 09, 2018, 07:13:17 am »

Homs Airport was struck by missiles, at least 14 dead. Assad outraged. According to Trump, it wasn't the US.

Heh. IS got a navy and cruise missiles now?

Ohwait, Russia accuses Israel.
For what it's worth, the place hit was apparently bombed by israel a couple months back... article linked by starv mentions it. If it's not the US, israel is pretty much the next most likely, this time. Even odds it has sod all to do with the gas attack, too, outside of being convenient timing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18871 on: April 09, 2018, 10:17:04 am »

Israel has been doing strikes on Syria for a while now. Mostly unopposed by anyone other than Syria and Iran(who is using Syria as a path for supporting anti-Israeli forces.) Even Russia hasn't really said much about them until now.

You know Trump wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut if it were actually his doing.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18872 on: April 09, 2018, 12:52:03 pm »

It looks like the French have straight up said they are going to start air strikes if that more recent chemical weapons attack pans out as true.

You know Trump sure as heck will.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18873 on: April 09, 2018, 01:07:16 pm »

Russia says 'Nyet'...

Colour me surprised?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18874 on: April 09, 2018, 04:40:13 pm »

Remember when Putin intervened in Syria, and all the Russophiles (and shills) all over the internet claimed the war would soon be over? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Israel has been doing strikes on Syria for a while now. Mostly unopposed by anyone other than Syria and Iran(who is using Syria as a path for supporting anti-Israeli forces.) Even Russia hasn't really said much about them until now.

You know Trump wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut if it were actually his doing.
There might be a reason for that. It's not a good position for the Russians: they signed up to prop up Assad, not referee a conflict between Israel and Iran (and Hezbollah). And with Trump mad over the chemical attack...

FBI raided Michael Cohen’s (Trump’s personal lawyer) office today.
Seems to be related, at least in part, to the Stormy Daniels saga. Most curious.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18875 on: April 09, 2018, 05:11:24 pm »

It bothers me that this Stormy Daniels shit is gonna one day wind up in a history book. In a hundred years or so this is gonna be taught to children in American History class, and they're going to have to take a test on it.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18876 on: April 09, 2018, 05:12:53 pm »

I bet in at least one timeline she ends up on the back of a commemorative coin.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18877 on: April 09, 2018, 05:15:54 pm »

Ah yes, the "Commemorative Spread Eagle 69 Dollar" coin. Both sides are heads AND tales simultaneously.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:17:46 pm by JoshuaFH »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18878 on: April 09, 2018, 05:22:56 pm »

It bothers me that this Stormy Daniels shit is gonna one day wind up in a history book. In a hundred years or so this is gonna be taught to children in American History class, and they're going to have to take a test on it.

Ah yes, the "Commemorative Spread Eagle 69 Dollar" coin. Both sides are heads AND tales simultaneously.

Ha ha money shot ha ha ha ha ha hh ah ahha a
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18879 on: April 09, 2018, 06:37:49 pm »

I think it’ll only be taught if it brings him down.

Holy shit I hope it brings him down. It would be so stupid.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18880 on: April 09, 2018, 08:14:22 pm »

I think it’ll only be taught if it brings him down.

Holy shit I hope it brings him down. It would be so stupid.

I wouldn't expect any one thing to do so -- something will be the last scandal before the administration implodes, but he keeps losing staff, and his strategy of being so toxic that anyone who works for him publicly once needs him to stay around because nobody else will hire them also keeps him from replacing people who do leave.

This administration will not end with one thing so egregiously wrong that the Republicans decide to impeach him or his supporters flee in droves. It will end because Scandal X-1 sent packing the last person who could stop Trump spending all his time rage-tweeting about Scandal X and not actually doing the President's job, although whether the formal end of what will be by that point a long-defunct administration is the 25th Amendment, impeachment, or just losing in 2020 is up in the air right now. 

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18881 on: April 09, 2018, 09:29:16 pm »

Oh, probably less than a century. Iirc clinton's blowjob is already in history books, though I got no clue if they're making students identify the specific sex act on tests. Give it more fifteen, twenty years on the outside. That'll be around the point you'll be teaching stuff to kids currently too young (or just straight unborn) to remember it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18882 on: April 10, 2018, 06:08:16 am »

Inb4 frontpage news 'history teachers imprisoned for including sexual content in their exams and promoting (onorthodox use of) tobacco products to the underaged.'
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18883 on: April 10, 2018, 06:53:27 am »

Technically, you at least wouldn't inhale.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18884 on: April 10, 2018, 10:38:30 am »

This is just funny.

I will say one thing about this Administration: it forces us to examine honestly the real qualities of people we don't necessarily like all that much (wasn't Betsy DeVos against the Muslim bad? Or was that the Transgender thing? Things move too fast in this administration...). Tillerson may have been the adult in the room, but he was also an incompetent diplomat and administrator. Pompeo seems to be an ideologue, but he also seems to at least respect the position of Sec of State and wants to execute it faithfully; much more than his predecessor, anyway.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 3567