Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 3518

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3670164 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #18450 on: March 24, 2018, 01:48:17 pm »

Yeah no for all my ranting I do actually care about this one (and Clinton's back when), because it shows a probable abuse of power. What bothers me is the primary tack that I see is TRUMP SLEPT WITH SOMEONE OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE instead of TRUMP IS USING HIS POWER TO ABUSE/SILENCE OTHERS because one is social posturing and the other addresses the problem.

I don't think it's like, actual abuse, because people sleep with rich/powerful people for that reason all the time. He used his position and money to cover it up, and that is highly concerning in context of the Presidency.

@Urbangiraffe
I agree with every single thing you just said, but remain concerned about the covering up in office thing, if only due to [previous presidential example]. To me, A religious person needs to be separate from their politics because morals need to be impartial to have meaning, and we simply cannot do that as evidences by the clear moral bias we see everywhere today.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:51:02 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: March 24, 2018, 01:56:46 pm »

or that the vulnerability to personal blackmail like this is really a serious issue in all but the most fantastic of circumstances.

And this is a rather unusual, or fantastic if you will, circumstance.

It's entirely possible that Putin really doesn't have any sort of blackmail on Trump since he's not quite acting like Putin has him by the balls. Or Trump may just think that Putin may have something.

Still, his behavior with Putin without any obvious and acceptable non-nefarious reason is concerning, particularily with the Russian meddling and refusal to solidly respond to that.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: March 24, 2018, 02:00:51 pm »

Could you clarify solid response? My first thought is that he's denied it really, really vehemently.

Or I guess you mean provide solid proof? He does seem to be actively obstructing investigation in all but the most literal of ways.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: March 24, 2018, 02:04:10 pm »

I mean like actually do a plan to hit back at Russia, I'm also talking about ongoing stuff that Russia has been doing. The heads of the National Security and Intel agencies are doing stuff, but they haven't been ordered by Trump to do specific things or some government wide effort or whatever.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: March 24, 2018, 02:05:20 pm »

Right, got it. Isn't he still taking the tack that nothing is going on whatsoever, despite every government agency insisting that Russia is actively interfering in our affairs?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: March 24, 2018, 02:12:23 pm »

Pretty much, yes. The adminstration itself has talked about it, but theres no (public) sign that Trump himself is actually doing much about it. Plus the fact that he stays pretty silent or neutral while his adminstration gives harsh words for stuff like the  ex-spy nerve gassing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: March 24, 2018, 04:49:34 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: March 24, 2018, 06:23:00 pm »

Trump can't be blackmailed, because any dirt on him is fake news.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: March 24, 2018, 06:31:43 pm »

Yeah no for all my ranting I do actually care about this one (and Clinton's back when), because it shows a probable abuse of power. What bothers me is the primary tack that I see is TRUMP SLEPT WITH SOMEONE OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE instead of TRUMP IS USING HIS POWER TO ABUSE/SILENCE OTHERS because one is social posturing and the other addresses the problem.

I don’t know about you, but most people on the left I’ve seen who arejumping all over trump for it is because of how incredibly hypocritical it is that the champion of the religious right against the “dirty gay libtards who are destroying Christian values” sleeps with prosititutes and tries to hush it up and that this is common knowledge and on the whole the republicans don’t care.

The hypocrisy of all those legislators who are so desperately concerned about family values when it comes to curtailing the rights of trans people or whatever, but who don’t bat an eyelid at the fact that Trump waddles his fat ass over all these serious moral boundaries that they’d crucify a democrat politician over.

It’s not actually about what trump does in hotel rooms with ladies for suitcases of cash, it’s about the fact that nobody on his side really cares.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: March 24, 2018, 06:32:47 pm »

Bet he renames it fakeblacking on twitter within the week and has no idea what people's problem is afterwards.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: March 24, 2018, 06:36:47 pm »

I'm surprised that in all this conversation about whether Trump's sexual behavior should reflect on him as a politician, nobody's bothered to remind that he's a pedophile.  Bragged about oggling underage girls in dressing rooms and all.

And for what it's worth, I don't have a problem with sex work... but my exposure to the types of men who go to strip clubs and buy hookers has built up a pretty strong negative association.  When I pick up men from strip clubs while Uber driving, the way they talk about it is almost always disgusting to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: March 24, 2018, 07:01:39 pm »

Bet he renames it fakeblacking on twitter within the week and has no idea what people's problem is afterwards.
Fakemailing.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: March 25, 2018, 12:29:15 pm »

Trump won't add Toensing and DiGenova to his legal team after all -- and, of course, Dowd is out and McGahn is apparently going to leave as soon as possible.

So, of course, Trump has to tweet about how lawyers will never turn down fame and fortune and will, in fact, deliberately take months to familiarize themselves with the Russia affair "if for no other reason than they can bill more."

I have a feeling that the Trump death spiral is accelerating. He's lost the people who would usually stop him from throwing tantrums that will lose him more people.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: March 25, 2018, 12:39:13 pm »

He'll represent himself in court as the only man he can really trust!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: March 25, 2018, 12:43:20 pm »

Ty Cobb will just perform trickshots for the entire duration of the trial to mesmerize the jury into acquittal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 3518