Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228496 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #18390 on: March 22, 2018, 07:04:24 pm »

He can’t spin it to make himself look good, ‘tis why.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: March 22, 2018, 07:07:27 pm »

I wonder, why doesn't Trump just push the big red button and glass the entire planet already?

Why does he make us suffer like this?

Because that would hurt his bottom line, and in his head there's still a way to milk this President thing for money and ratings and get away with it if he can just hold on long enough for everyone to get tired of the scandal and go home.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18392 on: March 22, 2018, 07:12:42 pm »

He clearly does not understand politics.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18393 on: March 22, 2018, 07:28:43 pm »

-wrong thread-
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18394 on: March 23, 2018, 12:52:41 am »

So the President of the United States has been summoned to court to talk about possible violations of his emoluments clause.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18395 on: March 23, 2018, 03:11:08 am »

It's like how they got Al Capone on his tax dodge.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:13:00 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: March 23, 2018, 05:39:34 am »

It has been said that the POTUS usually leaves the White House with quite some measure of debt, or at least they have financial difficulties after being in the White House. At this rate, Trump will be no exception.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: March 23, 2018, 06:45:47 am »

They also tend to have a base facsimile of ethics, though, and don't spend much time, say, actively funneling millions of tax dollars into their businesses while buggering off for the weekend or whenev'. Or dedicate however much of their efforts into enriching businesses they have investments in (or at least second order investments). Whatever else I haven't noticed.

E: Though I guess the shit is pretty pisspoor at money management, at the end of the day. Maybe openly wallowing in corruption like no president we've seen before still won't save his pocket book in the end. I'd say one could but hope, but I'd rather we just not waste the money on the bastard's shenanigans to begin with.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:50:33 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: March 23, 2018, 06:48:56 am »

He does like to visit his own hotel, swelling it’s coffers by having his bodyguards staying there, which also has the secondary effect of cutting security costs for the place too.

Even better when he holds meetings there, ‘cause then it’s all the people attending the meeting, and all the people attending to them, too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18399 on: March 23, 2018, 08:36:11 am »

He's not just 'some ambassador', he took part in the whole run-up to the Iraq war including the manipulation of intel, is a hardcore hawk on Iran and NK, wants regieme change in both, wants to do pre-emptive strikes on NK.

The most concerning part isn't the fact that he's a hardcore hawk on Iran and NK, there'd be plenty of reasonable candidates who would be the same, it's that he's been implicated in the whole 'there are WMDs in Iraq!' fakery and that he's not above selectively feeding/cherrypicking intel that would get Trump to do what he'd like to do. In short, if you wanted a warmonger for National Security Advisor, he's your guy.

I suppose that theres a slight silver lining in that I don't imagine him having any love for Russia.

edit: Or maybe not, someone on another forum said that Bolton has been pretty pro-Russia over the last couple years.
John Bolton is a singularly terrible pick for NSA. We'd have been better off with *Michael* Bolton, for God's sake.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18400 on: March 23, 2018, 08:49:20 am »

He's not just 'some ambassador', he took part in the whole run-up to the Iraq war including the manipulation of intel, is a hardcore hawk on Iran and NK, wants regieme change in both, wants to do pre-emptive strikes on NK.

The most concerning part isn't the fact that he's a hardcore hawk on Iran and NK, there'd be plenty of reasonable candidates who would be the same, it's that he's been implicated in the whole 'there are WMDs in Iraq!' fakery and that he's not above selectively feeding/cherrypicking intel that would get Trump to do what he'd like to do. In short, if you wanted a warmonger for National Security Advisor, he's your guy.

I suppose that theres a slight silver lining in that I don't imagine him having any love for Russia.

edit: Or maybe not, someone on another forum said that Bolton has been pretty pro-Russia over the last couple years.
John Bolton is a singularly terrible pick for NSA. We'd have been better off with *Michael* Bolton, for God's sake.
I for some reason I thought Michael Bolton was in fact John Bolton. This was fixed quickly, but it was very confusing at first.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: March 23, 2018, 09:11:09 am »

At least it isn't Ramsay Bolton.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18403 on: March 23, 2018, 10:43:38 am »

I really would like to see how many women Trump would hook up with if he were just a normal guy. He hooks up with all these super models and the lines are always the same:

"I wasn't in it for the money."

"He's really nice."

"Great posture!"

"His personality, wow!"

Meanwhile he acts like a serial philanderer and does the same routine with every new bunny he hooks up with. Take them to the bungalow, promise to buy them an apartment, blah blah blah.

Like, while I'm glad this stuff is coming out, the self-interest of these women is also readily apparent. And it only weakens their claims when they try to walk back from their own greed. Like, oh, the minute you didn't get that $150,000 paycheck and two magazine covers and offers to write columns, oh, NOW YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT IT.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: March 23, 2018, 11:42:43 am »

Like, while I'm glad this stuff is coming out, the self-interest of these women is also readily apparent. And it only weakens their claims when they try to walk back from their own greed. Like, oh, the minute you didn't get that $150,000 paycheck and two magazine covers and offers to write columns, oh, NOW YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT IT.

Well, in that same minute they get slut-shamed, threatened, and generally shouted at by hordes of rabid Trump supporters, so to some degree it's understandable that they'd have a change of heart simply out of a desire to make it all stop.
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 3567