Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227048 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #17820 on: March 05, 2018, 11:17:58 pm »

3rd option: He's drinking the kool-aid so hard he thinks Trump will protect him if he's loyal.

EDIT: And given he's cooperating may have just found out how unlikely that is.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17821 on: March 05, 2018, 11:37:19 pm »

Uh. Okay, so do you lot have any insight into what the hell is going on with Nunberg, or is it just straight up as ridiculous as it's looking like it is?

Two possibilities:
  • He's acting crazy as a diversion from something else, such as the cavalcade of Trump's other crises, in which case he's loyal but probably ineffective.
  • He's acting crazy because he is actually having an emotional breakdown.

Maybe reason two is part of it, Erin Burnett said she smelled alcohol on his breath, so, there could very well be something to that.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17822 on: March 06, 2018, 12:33:45 am »

Reading some of the coverage, it seems that Nunberg was fired from his position when racial slurs were found on his Facebook page, which he of course denies.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-campaign-staffer-sam-nunberg-fired-after-racist-facebook-posts-n402756

While it flirts dangerously close to the conspiracy theorist types of koolaide,  I think it would be hilarious if this investigation turns up an actual conspiracy that caused Nunberg to be fired, because they feared he would leak dirty secrets about Herr Trump and his Moscow Connection, and that his reason for 180deg reversal overnight was because he finally got the hint that his former associates were out to destroy him, and his best shot at remaining in politics was to play ball and bring the conspiracy to light.

Not saying that this is at all what has happened, but I would find it "More than popcorn worthy" if it were to pan out so.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17824 on: March 06, 2018, 12:49:07 am »

I did not mean to imply that the slurs were not his doing--- Rather, that there was "Selective enforcement" when it came to such things, and that the individuals he was involved with used it as a ready-made reason to terminate him at any moment. :P "Leverage."

He, of course, -- being a simple minded fool and useful idiot, believed the individuals he was working with had like-minded ideals, and would protect him, enabling him to become more vocal in his racial epithets. (which turned out to be wrong, Who would have guessed...)

He then had a nervous breakdown because "Big brother... DOESNT REALLY love me!?", then in a fit of panic, decides to play ball.

/stops pretending to drink koolaide
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 12:50:55 am by wierd »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17825 on: March 06, 2018, 11:09:07 am »

I don't know what the other squares in Facebook controversy bingo are, but Free Space is definitely Punisher iconography.

I thought there was literally a picture of a facebook controversey bingo sheet or something when you said that.

Anyways, the Texas primary is today btw.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17826 on: March 06, 2018, 11:14:31 am »

I dunno... maybe we should make a few sheets, and see who wins?

Things like "Offensive Trump Tweet", "Public official makes racist rant", "Instance of police brutality", "Foreign Policy faux pas" etc... with some random orders on the sheet, and then see who wins after a month?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17827 on: March 06, 2018, 11:26:20 am »

Things like "Offensive Trump Tweet", "Public official makes racist rant", "Instance of police brutality", "Foreign Policy faux pas" etc... with some random orders on the sheet, and then see who wins after a month?
But you only need one free space...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17828 on: March 06, 2018, 12:25:09 pm »

The "Republicans fall in line" tendency might come to an interesting end here, with an internal conflict between the wishes of the President and the wishes of Congressional leaders.
This is an interesting point, actually. Previously Republicans have tended to ignore his more outlandish pronouncements, perhaps believing that Trump was too unpredictable and ineffectual to worry about. On Tariffs, however, Trump has all the latitude to make changes that he needs, and as a result Republicans may attempt to push back.

Too broad, you need more specific things like "Trump insults an ally", "Publicly admires a dictator or authoritarian", "Huge public flip-flop within 48 hours", "Attacks own Administration", "announces major, controversial policy change without telling own staff first", "Member of staff resigns", "Former member of staff indicted/pleads guilty", "claim victory in Russia probe", etc..
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17829 on: March 06, 2018, 03:40:12 pm »

The free space should just say SAD!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17832 on: March 06, 2018, 04:42:55 pm »

I am going to take that with a grain of salt, since it's the NYP.
That can't be for real.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17833 on: March 06, 2018, 05:23:45 pm »

It's backed up slightly by a The Guardian journalist showing screenshots of it (linked in the article), but the screenshots don't even mention paedophilia.

Probably gonna chalk this one up to the usual corporate tone deafness since that's exactly what this looks like.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:25:50 pm by smjjames »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17834 on: March 06, 2018, 05:43:28 pm »

*sigh* The idea that Facebook including an option for that on the poll somehow implies that they condone the action is just more trigger-happy bullshit. They are trying to collect its users' opinions (and this time they're doing it in a way that's explicit instead of sneaky and subtle), not trying to say whether those opinions are right or wrong. This is equivalent to saying that if person A asks person B whether they killed someone, that means that person A condones murder.

Also, 1234 pages, yay!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 3566