Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211699 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #16995 on: February 09, 2018, 01:48:36 am »

You know, it is pretty bad when a post in Ameripol needs a disambiguation article reminder to point out that there is a difference between "The Downward Spiral", and the "downward spiral".

*sigh*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16996 on: February 09, 2018, 02:53:14 am »

Admittedly, the GOP *does* seem to want to fuck us all like an animal.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16997 on: February 09, 2018, 03:04:44 am »

Their whole existence *IS* odd, and... If we bring them closer to god, it certainly explains their unique take on church and state.

Thanks RK-- Now I have a mental image of Donald Rumsfeld and co singing that song (Think a montage of the GOP from the 70s to today, at different sections of the song, with the "Help me, i've torn apart my insides" line being done when the TeaParty shenanigans went on.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:07:50 am by wierd »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16998 on: February 09, 2018, 04:13:15 am »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16999 on: February 09, 2018, 07:53:56 am »

... and in the news thing, apparently a budget deal has passed both chambers this morning, though I haven't bothered to see what's in it yet (been awake for <15 minutes and most of that was trying to keep people from overdosing on medication and dogs from trying to swallow blood sugar checking lancets).

Now the question is whether racist mcseniletinpot will sign it or not. Any case, the shutdown might end up lasting less than a day this time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17000 on: February 09, 2018, 09:14:23 am »

Radio suggests last night was just another CR through march but with larger budget numbers sttached. A more detailed plan will have to be passed by march.

Edit: larger numbers as in "This much to defense, this much to infrastructure, etc."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:16:20 am by sluissa »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17001 on: February 09, 2018, 12:27:55 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/us/politics/trump-accuses-democrats-treason-market-rout.html

President Trump on Monday accused Democrats who did not clap during his State of the Union address of being un-American and even treasonous. ... “Can we call that treason?” Mr. Trump said of the stone-faced reaction of Democrats to his speech. “Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much.”

He's getting more "Glorious Leader" by the day.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17002 on: February 09, 2018, 12:40:56 pm »

I sometimes think that some part of Trump legitimately believed all his rhetoric about the US being a third-world country and tinpot dictatorship, was genuinely surprised to discover that this was not the case, and has been sulking ever since.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17003 on: February 09, 2018, 02:38:54 pm »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/us/politics/trump-accuses-democrats-treason-market-rout.html

President Trump on Monday accused Democrats who did not clap during his State of the Union address of being un-American and even treasonous. ... “Can we call that treason?” Mr. Trump said of the stone-faced reaction of Democrats to his speech. “Why not? I mean, they certainly didn’t seem to love our country very much.”

He's getting more "Glorious Leader" by the day.

I will point out that from what I heard of the clip - and what the video shows, bloody automatic playing nonsense - he wasn't seriously suggesting they were being treasonous.

He is a bell-end for saying it's un-American though.

I'm also reminded of the billboard in my small town which is rented (perhaps owned) by a Trump supporter. It initially had a message saying all the people who voted for him in the state "totally support him" - amusing because the totally made it seem ironic - and now it's something along the lines of Trump is and was never racist 'cause he loves all Americans, to which I thought it's not really his opinion of Americans that is the problem. The business that seems to be funding this also has an Info Wars poster on their wall among all the pro-Trump tat. I am genuinely unsettled knowing that there are people like that nearby.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17004 on: February 09, 2018, 03:00:50 pm »

I had considered that, but it's very inappropriate for the head of state to be joking about people being guilty of treason because they didn't act sufficiently fawning to him. It being a joke doesn't change that: he's basically joking that he wants his political enemies charged with a crime which receives the death penalty, or prison + banning you from running from office for life. Very funny, haha.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 03:03:26 pm by Reelya »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17005 on: February 09, 2018, 09:50:26 pm »

Any time you consider a Trump Statement, just think to yourself "what would have been the response if Obama had said that"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17006 on: February 09, 2018, 09:54:20 pm »

Any time you consider a Trump Statement, just think to yourself "what would have been the response if Obama had said that"

Stunned silence would cover most Trump statements on their own, coming out of Obama's mouth.

The two of them are just so drastically different people, almost anything Trump says would sound absolutely out of character for Obama.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17007 on: February 09, 2018, 11:10:22 pm »

Imagine the other way around, though.

Quote Obama in front of pictures of Trump and see what /r/the_donald does.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17008 on: February 10, 2018, 05:38:24 am »

Yep, he did it. He blocked the release of Democrat memo, claiming it has confidential and sensitive passages, and can't be released.
Holy shit, US people, how long will you still put up with this charade? You REALLY need to get rid of this president.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17009 on: February 10, 2018, 06:21:42 am »

Impeachment is a congressional thing. Without action from congress, the best citizens can do is refuse to re-elect him in another 2 years.
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 3566