Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4196738 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Congress attempts to cross streams while working on tax 'reform'
« Reply #14790 on: November 17, 2017, 11:22:11 pm »

That wouldn't work, you can edit down the video and remove his response, say he had "no answer" to the question. And use a "headline" photo in a new story of Putin looking uncomfortable, from an unrelated incident. Then have a sensationalist headline "RT News grills Putin on gay sex allegations!" which is going to get more eyeballs on the story. It would make it appear that serious people are making the allegations.

Whether it's true or people really believe it isn't the point, you're just getting them to expend effort in damage control so that they are hamstrung in other ways.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:27:57 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: November 17, 2017, 11:35:45 pm »

How often does Putin look uncomfortable? He seems poker faced most of the time.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: November 17, 2017, 11:39:35 pm »

I think if you suggest something through a heading, people will be more likely to read that in the attached image.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: November 17, 2017, 11:46:04 pm »

Unfortunately, Putin gets the +8 Russian racial bonus to save vs. facial expressions, so making him look uncomfortable isn't very likely.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: November 17, 2017, 11:46:46 pm »

Also look at that one photo of John McCain with his tongue pointing out. By editing down video footage you can always find some off face that does what you want.

With the "laughing" you could probably go through that frame by frame and find one where Putin looks as awkward as possible, laughing involves changes in facial expression.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:48:35 pm by Reelya »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: November 17, 2017, 11:47:04 pm »

Putin is also way better at PR than you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: November 18, 2017, 06:05:44 am »

That picture with the puppy though.
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: November 18, 2017, 06:32:05 am »

Quote from: FAKE NEWS
SHOCKING!
Putin admits deep erotic love for man's best friend!

Clutching his new life partner tenderly, Putin was moved to tears as he enacted legislation for the notoriously anti alt-sex country yesterday, Nov 17.  At this point, the sex of the canine is as yet not known to reporters, but given the leader's strong anti-homosexual angle in the past, reputable sources assure this agency that it is female.

Something like that? ;P

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: November 18, 2017, 06:40:50 am »

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: November 18, 2017, 03:33:44 pm »

Also look at that one photo of John McCain with his tongue pointing out. By editing down video footage you can always find some off face that does what you want.

With the "laughing" you could probably go through that frame by frame and find one where Putin looks as awkward as possible, laughing involves changes in facial expression.
I'm curious what the context of that picture is.  It has to have been months since my tongue was that far outside of my mouth, and I'm not running for anything.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: November 18, 2017, 04:36:29 pm »

I'm curious what the context of that picture is.  It has to have been months since my tongue was that far outside of my mouth, and I'm not running for anything.
Licking his lips maybe?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: November 18, 2017, 04:56:25 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd-0P7PWBvA

It's a horrible quality video, but it shows the scene from a different angle. He and Obama had just shaken hands, and Obama had shaken hands with the host and McCain had a minor bit of confusion about which direction to move around the table to meet the host so he too could shake hands. The tongue was just a weird facial expression in the middle of that indecision to go left or right around the table. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:58:23 pm by sluissa »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: November 18, 2017, 05:03:09 pm »

Oh, that makes sense.  He was just making a blink and you miss it funny face.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: November 18, 2017, 05:25:25 pm »

It's pretty much him just going "Oh haha, look at this hilarious mix-up we are experiencing, it is to laugh, let us commence a proper handshake soon!"

I've certainly done the same, exaggerated a funny face or body movement for comedic effect to cover a minor faux pas. "All is well, I am aware of the issue friend, and I trust we can agree that it is no big deal! But I am pantomiming this movement so as to assure you that I am aware of it."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 3566