Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4202739 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Mueller investigation charges Manafort and bis. assoc. Gates withfraud
« Reply #14400 on: November 03, 2017, 02:04:27 pm »

It's trolling. Saying something that sounds controversial but isn't to get a response.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Mueller investigation charges Manafort and bis. assoc. Gates withfraud
« Reply #14401 on: November 03, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »

"It's okay to be white" implies that some large contingent of people are saying it's not okay to be white (because why else would you feel the need to say it?), which ties into the "white genocide" thing that /pol/ is obsessed with. The point is that they're saying something loaded and then step back and pretend it was never loaded, that it didn't have context and didn't imply anything.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: November 03, 2017, 02:17:49 pm »

"It's okay to be white" implies that some large contingent of people are saying it's not okay to be white (because why else would you feel the need to say it?), which ties into the "white genocide" thing that /pol/ is obsessed with. The point is that they're saying something loaded and then step back and pretend it was never loaded, that it didn't have context and didn't imply anything.

The problem is there is a contingent of people who say that. Maybe not large, but not insignificant and they have managed to gain a voice and nobody reasonable seems interested in arguing against them only to be called a racist and lumped in with nazis and fox news.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14403 on: November 03, 2017, 02:19:31 pm »

Well, 4chan's antics certainly aren't making MORE people want to discuss that seriously, without the screaming.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14404 on: November 03, 2017, 02:21:48 pm »

The only proper response to this would have been to ignore it entirely. You make a big hubbub of it, all you do is make it look like there are people who disagree with the statement.

Again, idiots reacting negatively to the signs in a public way are playing right into 4chan's hands.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: November 03, 2017, 03:00:38 pm »

Donna Brazile, the DNC party chair from July 2016 to February 2017 released a rather interesting article.

In summary, the previous DNC chair was grossly incompetent.  Some of you may remember hearing about how Obama's campaign had a large staff of competent analyists working for them?  Apparently, none of those people were let go after the election.  They were kept on the DNC payroll for at least the 3 and a half years between the 2016 and 2012 election, possibly even since 2008 (the article doesn't mention).  As a result, the DNC's operating costs doubled, to as much as 4 million a month.  The previous chairperson also did very little planning or monitoring of the party's operations.

As a result, the party signed a deal with the devil with Hillary, just not the one that we thought.  Hillary used a loophole to launder money in which her PAC would get past individual donation limits by gathering money separately 51 times from the same person, once for Hillary and once each for congressional officials in each state.  The 50x donations were simply sent to the party, rather than Hillary.  No, the deal was that Hillary would gain control of the democratic party prior to being nominated, rather than after.  Inevitable candidate indeed.  Donna found this out late into the election, as it seems only a few higher ups in the DNC were even aware of this and the rest weren't actively sabotaging things.  She only found out because of a written contract between the DNC and Hillary, which stipulates all the above (and isn't illegal, because campaign finance is bullshit).  After finding out she says she called Bernie, told him he was basically fucked, and then told him that her alternative to the Hillary deal was the democratic party going bankrupt.

We've talked a lot about the schism within the republican party, the 2016 primary corruption scandal is the first evidence of the schism within the democratic party.  In the short term the fault line will be income inequality and in the long-term the dividing line will be income inequality versus the "socially liberal, economically conservative" crowd.   I'm uneasy that conservatives are going to use this as part of the larger Benghazi/email narrative that I don't agree with, but there's no defending this.  The DNC sucks, Hillary sucks.  I don't regret voting for her but I wish we got Bernie and I wish he was younger.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:25:04 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14410 on: November 03, 2017, 03:03:30 pm »

Yeah, I saw that pop up. Even happier I didn't vote for her.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: November 03, 2017, 03:05:00 pm »

I feel like absolutely no one is surprised. I certainly am not.

I also wish we had Bernie or really anyone who wasn't the ultimate ultra-concentrated representation of everything wrong with their party.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: November 03, 2017, 03:06:10 pm »

After finding out she says she called Bernie, told him he was basically fucked, and then told him that her alternative to the Hillary deal was the democratic party going bankrupt.
Anybody who talks shit about Bernie waiting to the convention gets slapped with this post. Clinton is fucking scum, all this shit about how she's the "responsible choice", and look at that, she was a corrupt operator all along.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: November 03, 2017, 03:15:41 pm »

I really wanted Bernie to win the primary. Would have happily voted for him.

As it was, though... In the general, I held my nose and cast my vote for Clinton. Better of two bad options, and all that jazz.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: November 03, 2017, 03:29:44 pm »

The problem is there is a contingent of people who say that. Maybe not large, but not insignificant and they have managed to gain a voice and nobody reasonable seems interested in arguing against them only to be called a racist and lumped in with nazis and fox news.

Yeah, do you remember the Evergreen state day of absence fiasco? In which people "encouraged" white students to not come to the campus and teachers who said barring people from campus based on the colour of their skin was bullshit where harassed and labelled as racists?
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 3566