Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4197206 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

What is?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Wut? (Can this be the end of the current cycle of shitposting?)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

No!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

What doth life?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first charges in the Mueller investigation have been filed. However, since they're sealed, we won't know what it's all about until Monday at least.

Speculation abounds.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said.

Woah.  Makes me wonder if any of Manafort's associates are going to try to flee the country.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said.

Woah.  Makes me wonder if any of Manafort's associates are going to try to flee the country.

We (other than Mueller and his team and those involved in proccessing the charges) don't know if it's Manafort. Could be Flynn or Don jr or Jared Kushner or someone else entirely.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Time for that classic holiday song, "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Collusion"...

Followed by "All I Want For Christmas Is A New President"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

Who is 'they'?

What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?!

Anyway, I'm watching this investigation with rapt attention. Finally time for some results.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

I'm a bit too scared to get optimistic. While I would love to see the hammer brought down on someone, it's more than likely that not much will happen.

Though, I would very happy to be wrong on that!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a bit too scared to get optimistic. While I would love to see the hammer brought down on someone, it's more than likely that not much will happen.

Though, I would very happy to be wrong on that!

They've got to put someone away. I feel like we are at a point where someone is going to be made an example of, even if it's not someone from the top of the pile, as it were.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, I'm watching this investigation with rapt attention. Finally time for some results.

No, it is not "time for some results." That is not how criminal investigations of this magnitude work, and if you are expecting dramatic video clips of Trump and his inner circle being led away from the White House in handcuffs on Monday morning, you will certainly be disappointed -- but that doesn't mean the investigation has failed.

The present charges will almost certainly have been filed against people who can be proved to have directly dealt with Russia in a provably criminal manner, so that they can provide information on Trump's inner circle in return for use immunity or something similar. We might see Flynn or Manafort charged, but more likely it will be people whose names we haven't heard yet, people for whom Trump is unreachably high in the hierarchy but can inform on people one step up. The cycle must repeat a few more times before the investigation can truly be said to be delivering results.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:18:09 pm by Trekkin »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The charging of people who can be said to have committed criminal acts sounds like results to me. I don't think anyone reasonable is expecting them to lead Trump away in a paddywagon just yet, if ever. He would hardly be the first one to get involved illegally with foreign interests during a campaign. President Clinton had a whole Chinese investigation thing involving campaign funds, and nothing ever came of that.

Frankly I expect the whole thing to be deflected onto a scapegoat, as I said above.

Also, what exactly are they investigating? Is it related to campaign funds, is it whether or not Trump asked Putin to hack some polls, what are we exactly expecting to turn up here? I've heard so much about it from so many biased sources that it seems nebulous to me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

The specific thing is (or at least started as) russian interference with the election, iirc, and particularly any involvement between the trump campaign team and them. If there were inappropriate campaign funds involved, that would count. If there was something more damning than trump encouraging a hostile foreign power to hack into american systems, it would count. If it's obstruction issues, again, it would count. And so on. The investigation started with a specific-ish point but what it ends up turning up depends on what mueller finds.

Mueller's mandate also includes anything else that might get uncovered during the process of looking into it on top of anything on the specific subject that happens to. So it's not just one thing, per se, and even the one thing can involve a lot of stuff. Special investigators of mueller's stripe have a pretty broad purview in what they can poke at, one of the strongest and most broad investigative positions that exists in this country.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very interesting.

I'm as far from taking sides as I can willfully be but I hope if they legit dig something specific and provable up on Trump that he doesn't worm out of it. Has to be some accountability.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:12:40 pm by Dunamisdeos »
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 3566