Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 938 939 [940] 941 942 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4196113 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

One of the benefits of at-will work is you can tell your boss where they can shove the job if the job is unbearable.

Horseshit.

It doesn't matter what kind of employment contract you have. You can always quit - you generally have to give formal notice to get any unpaid vacation time or other benefits, but if you don't care about that you can just tell your boss to fuck off and walk out the door. At will work has never and will never give any benefit to employees whatsoever, and exists for no purpose other than ensuring employees have no power.

It would absolutely help fight discrimination as well. When it is perfectly legal to tell any employee - "Hey! You don't work here anymore. Get off my dirt before I have you arrested for trespassing", anti-discrimination laws have no bite.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clockgate?

That'd be Afghanistans problem, not ours.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

can we stop putting gate at the end of everything
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, apparently in Flake's announcement that he won't seek reelection in 2018 (done on the senate floor), he lambasted Trump (to the surprise of no one). That makes two Republican senators who are retiring and do not fear to battle Trump publically.

Plus McCain who may or may not live to see the end of his Senate term (was just re-elected last year) due to the aggressive brain cancer.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The faultlines were already there, we're seeing the thin veneer of plaster that covered them after the election cracking.

Also, the anti-Trump faction is a heck of a lot bigger than those three, it's just those three that are willing to speak out without fearing getting primaried.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile

Ragequitting only makes the troll stronger.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

Ragequitting only makes the troll stronger.
This. We really need to see some republicans that intend to get re-elected standing against Trump.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

The instant tax reform goes through you will get a bunch of old fuckbags wondering why exactly they need the least liked fuckbag any more.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They may still give Obamacare repeal another go, I don't think they've completely given up on it.

Also, Jeff Flake has been doing terrible in polls against Kelli Ward, so, he'd most likely lose to Kelli Ward or lose to a Dem challenger. Though a candidate the likes of Kelli Ward is highly likely to lose against a Dem challenger, look at how things went in 2010.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

We've known that for months though. People just thought it was a conspiracy theory for some reason, despite it being neither surprising nor unexpected that they would pay for opposition research.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:53:21 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We've known that for months though. People just thought it was a conspiracy theory for some reason, despite it being neither surprising nor unexpected that they would pay for opposition research.

Or otherwise thought it was just Trump campaign propoganda.

Just more Clinton shady shit I guess......

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

gategate
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 938 939 [940] 941 942 ... 3566