Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4195502 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AvE on youtube did a teardown of one. Apparently the pricing isn't out of line with the materials cost. Tgey might have even been losing money on the juicer at the 400 price point.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Well yeah, in terms of the parts it's reasonably priced but in terms of being a juicer it could have its picture in a textbook, and not in a good way.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They should take the internet-juicing-DRM to the next level actually. Use Amazon Alexa to give the thing a female AI and have it yell at you if you use other juicers: "you've already got me, Juicero. Why are you consorting with that cheap floozy?"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Coincidence we're talking about orange juice scam in the pol thread in the year of our God-Emperor Trump, 2017? Hmmmmm.

Seriously though, no one ever posted this to my absurd Kickstarters thread? I'm surprised I've only seen this now.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure why the juicer thing is being discussed in the AmeriPol thread either.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

we were lamenting the decadence of the capitalist west, of which america is a bastion.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Not sure why the juicer thing is being discussed in the AmeriPol thread either.
Segway into juicers from trump teddy bears

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mind you articles are linking Juicero's absurdity with Trump's election like this one:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/09/a-eulogy-for-juicero

The year 2016 will be remembered as an inflection point in American culture and politics, ... an annus horribilis in which the country suddenly seemed to lose its mind. The evidence, in retrospect, was all around us: Silicon Valley produced a start-up that lets busy entrepreneurs buy their significant others’ affection. Suicide Squad won an Oscar. ... Donald Trump was elected president. Perhaps most perturbing, the Bay Area’s venture-capital class was briefly consumed by lust for Juicero

You heard it, people backing Juicero was more perturbing that the election of Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:45:45 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I agree with vanity, peak stage capitalism is horrible to behold

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

Mind you
Ahh... reminds me of Neo. Good times.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some food for thought here kinda, while this article is very much an opinion piece, there are some facts in there that may be interesting in regard to the incident in Niger.

To summarize, it seems like it might be a result at least in part of a cause and affect from the Trump admin putting Chad on the travel ban for running out of paper of all reasons, which offended Chad greatly (obviously) since they're one of those fighting against terror, so, Chad pulled hundreds of their soldiers out from Nigeria. And then, here we are.

It might not be THE reason why it happened, but it very well could have been a contributing factor.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Mind you articles are linking Juicero's absurdity with Trump's election like this one:
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/09/a-eulogy-for-juicero

The year 2016 will be remembered as an inflection point in American culture and politics, ... an annus horribilis in which the country suddenly seemed to lose its mind. The evidence, in retrospect, was all around us: Silicon Valley produced a start-up that lets busy entrepreneurs buy their significant others’ affection. Suicide Squad won an Oscar. ... Donald Trump was elected president. Perhaps most perturbing, the Bay Area’s venture-capital class was briefly consumed by lust for Juicero

And here I was just making a dumb joke about the color orange.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They should take the internet-juicing-DRM to the next level actually. Use Amazon Alexa to give the thing a female AI and have it yell at you if you use other juicers: "you've already got me, Juicero. Why are you consorting with that cheap floozy?"
Make that a Blade Runner (2049) style hologirlfriend, or GTFO.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No ... it'd be funnier if the juicer had a big flappy mouth on the top, like if you were to e.g. pretend a kettle could talk.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Sorry, best joke was already made:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 3566