Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4194487 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

So people are making Benghazi references to this Green Beret thing, which seems a parallel to the "Hillary should have done X" thing from forever ago.

According to CNN it was a straight up planned ambush, and 5 or so Nigerian soldiers died as well. Is there more Trump could have done to prevent/aid?

I know he bumble-mumbled some anti-empathetic condolences, what else is he up to/should be up to with this?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Inb4 email leaks happen. Jesus that would be so goddamn delicious to observe, even tho I'm fairly sure he would still come out of it mostly clean :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inb4 email leaks happen. Jesus that would be so goddamn delicious to observe, even tho I'm fairly sure he would still come out of it mostly clean :V

He doesn't use email, so he can always say whoever sent it did so without his knowledge.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If people are pulling Benghazi references they're just desperate to grab whatever they can to defend Hillary. Which is such a great tactic at convincing people that she's the universally beloved character we were just all too stupid to vote for last year. Oh wait, no people still hate her. Get over it. I hate Trump too, maybe more than Clinton, but all the comparisons you make in the world still make them both look like shit and wouldn't get me to vote for either.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Amen.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If people are pulling Benghazi references they're just desperate to grab whatever they can to defend Hillary. Which is such a great tactic at convincing people that she's the universally beloved character we were just all too stupid to vote for last year. Oh wait, no people still hate her. Get over it. I hate Trump too, maybe more than Clinton, but all the comparisons you make in the world still make them both look like shit and wouldn't get me to vote for either.

It's more closest 'potentially scandalous fuck up' comparison, but really, it'd be less of a fuckup (or rather people would be slightly less raging about it) if Trump wasn't such an ass since his reaction only poured gasoline on the fire that was already there.

Everybody still wants to find out what the heck happened over there though. I seriously doubt it's Benghazi tier level in the chain of command, but obviously someone screwed up.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:16:47 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Yeah, saying this is Trump's Benghazi is pretty weak-sauce.

Now saying Puerto Rico is Trump's Katrina -- spot on. Even more so, since Bush's primary sin was appointing a dumbfuck whose main qualification was horse breeding to head FEMA, and then not putting someone there to babysit him. Even if Brownie dun goofed, you never got the feeling that Bush was unsympathetic to hurricane victims.

Contrast that with this:

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So true

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, saying this is Trump's Benghazi is pretty weak-sauce.

Now saying Puerto Rico is Trump's Katrina -- spot on. Even more so, since Bush's primary sin was appointing a dumbfuck whose main qualification was horse breeding to head FEMA, and then not putting someone there to babysit him. Even if Brownie dun goofed, you never got the feeling that Bush was unsympathetic to hurricane victims.

Contrast that with this:

Yeah, that was an odd impromptu moment, kind of fits with Trump's impromptu offscriptness.

The emergency response for Texas and Florida were fine, but somehow Puerto Rico is a clusterfuck. It'll take some time to sort out just what went wrong.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

"Somehow" our President who's on record saying all sorts of crazy racist shit about Hispanic people went hand over fist to try and look good for a pair of states that voted for him but can't be bothered to do anything more for a Spanish-speaking territory than throw paper towels and dismiss their Governor as a crazy woman who should be grateful that he was willing to do even that much.

Yeah, it's a mystery alright. We might never know the truth. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Hopefully after we drive out the Democrats in 2020 and take the race nation back Trump will be able to figure it out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah you're right I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Hail McConnell.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

"Somehow" our President who's on record saying all sorts of crazy racist shit about Hispanic people went hand over fist to try and look good for a pair of states that voted for him but can't be bothered to do anything more for a Spanish-speaking territory than throw paper towels and dismiss their Governor as a crazy woman who should be grateful that he was willing to do even that much.

Yeah, it's a mystery alright. We might never know the truth. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Hopefully after we drive out the Democrats in 2020 and take the race nation back Trump will be able to figure it out.
This really activates my almonds

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Somehow Trump's travel policy had a disproportionate effect on Muslims, what an unfortunate coincidence.  Maybe someone should point it out to him.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Somehow Trump's travel policy had a disproportionate effect on Muslims, what an unfortunate coincidence.  Maybe someone should point it out to him.
Maybe if muslims didn't travel so much, they wouldn't have problems. /s
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know I wax snark a lot, but Trump doesn't try to hide his bias against brown and/or non-Christian folks at all.

His first solution to his travel ban was to promise exceptions to Christians coming from that country.
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 3566