Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4183687 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

re: CA fires.

I am nowhere near where the wildfires are currently, but the smoke has drastically lowered air quality in my area. It is recommended that everyone stay inside until the pollution dissipates.

As for map, I'm not sure, but this site displays the air quality of various places in the area, which you can use as a general guide.

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

New York is all brick and stone, but we also don't get fires, or earthquakes (god willing), or even droughts: it's only snow and the occasional hurricane up here, so brick is fine for our purposes.

Trump is to eliminate the Obamacare subsidies, dealing another blow to Obamacare. This is pretty bad.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New York is all brick and stone, but we also don't get fires, or earthquakes (god willing), or even droughts: it's only snow and the occasional hurricane up here, so brick is fine for our purposes.

Trump is to eliminate the Obamacare subsidies, dealing another blow to Obamacare. This is pretty bad.
Well just look how broken this awful broken bill is! Total disaster I say! How could Democrats think this is good? /s

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

For what (very little) it's worth, at least at the moment it looks a decent bit like that could cost the gov't money via lawsuit more than anything. Still pretty much guaranteed to hurt due to lack of surety et al, but if folks are willing and financially able to challenge it (and they are) they might manage to get the judiciary to tell the executive to shut the fuck up and do what the legislative told them to do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aren't a good deal of those poor people also Trump supporters? Really, the only reason he's doing it is because Obama did the stuff.

edit: Get this, at a conservative voter conference, Trump said "No religious group will be targeted in my adminstration", I rofled at the hypocrisy... Obviously the subtext is meant to be no CHRISTIAN religious group, but hey, words matter....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:42:41 am by smjjames »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Don't worry, that's what his supporters care about too.  And when premiums go up or insurance markets collapse, they'll gladly accept that it was the ACA's fault all along and that they were right to support the idea of defunding it.

I read a surprisingly accurate (and upvoted, even) comment on a Fox News article the other day.  It's not even about being conservative anymore so much as anti-liberal.  Nobody talks or cares about what Trump has accomplished so much as what he's undone from Obama.  "Destroying Obama's legacy" is a very popular topic for many people, to the detriment of any other goal.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

"As we have demonstrated here, government simply does not work"

The Republican Party
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

"Be the problem in government you want there to be."

- Proposed 2018 GOP campaign slogan
Ask not!
Ask!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Shoots self in foot.*

"See!?  Dr Obama did some pretty shoddy work on fixing this foot.  We should rip out the stitchings and use a gold star sticker instead!"
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well just look how broken this awful broken bill is! Total disaster I say! How could Democrats think this is good? /s

Yeah, Trump actually said that. (also relevant to most recent posts)

"The Democrats ObamaCare is imploding. Massive subsidy payments to their pet insurance companies has stopped. Dems should call me to fix!"

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I mean... in a sense, sure. It's literally his sodding job to get those subsidies paid, and he's the one trying to stop them, too. Someone should indeed be calling him to fix his self-inflicted cockup. Dems, reps, random voters, y'know. People.
Ask not!
Ask!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I wonder what the politics are of Trump deciding to sink Obamacare himself vs. the GOP doing it. Less bad for Republicans, or more (and for who in particular?)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It'd be the ultimate shitlord win for the GOP if Obamacare got destroyed and Trump took all the credit for it (like he most probably will). That way they get to fulfill their only goal for the past several years while avoiding most if not all of the fallout from it being a really shitty thing to do.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember when Obama was unable to get his agenda passed through Congress, so he resorted to executive actions and all those Republicans were screaming about 'executive overreach' and an 'Imperial Presidency'?

Good times, good times. Whatever happened to those guys again?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I believe I saw them on Fox, praising the President for having the strength to oppose the establishment government and defend the real America no matter what the globalist media says.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 3566