Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4187053 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

When windows break look for window salesmen

I can't find him there's only soup
Step one for finding him: Stop making window salesmen into soup.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

When windows break look for window salesmen

I can't find him there's only soup
Step one for finding him: Stop making window salesmen into soup.

So I shouldn't break the windows of the window salesman
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Then who windows the windowmen?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That'd be the Campbell's Soup guy, obviously.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

In more amusing news, the US soccer team has not qualified for the next World Cup due to fucking up a match against Trinidad and Tobago that they only had to tie. This is the first time since 1986 that the American team has not qualified, and if what I'm reading is to be believed this is based in a useless incestuous moneypit having replaced people who can actually coach and play soccer.

Now while I, like all right-thinking patriots, just sort of don't care about soccer the social media explosion in and outside of America has been amusing as hell. I've seen death threats against the team and the coach, disappointment that there will never be a US-Russia match in these geopolitically volatile times, and most importantly of all Europeans who are unreasonably obsessed with a grand project to make Americans care about soccer witnessing the fall of their ambition.

Riperinos, checkerball-men.

Well I don't know what this has to do with politics, but Bruce Arena (our head coach, hopefully soon to be fired) is just not up to snuff. He decided not to start some of our best players in a key game that should have been an easy win. Further more, alleged hot prospect Christian Pulisic is actually not THAT good. He's got great technical talent, but he's weaker than a starving african child, and cannot hold up the ball for the life of him--seriously, it's embarrassing how easily he's dispossessed.

Not to mention the US does not understand how soccer works. "American Soccer" is literally to play physically with bang-em-up forwards and solid defense. Unfortunately, our best player is a 34 year old midfielder (Clint Dempsey) who doesn't get the game time he deserves because he's an aging star. Our team captain, Michael Bradley, is secretly the worst player on the team and hasn't been good since the 2009 confederations cup. (Back when he played in Italy.) The young prospects who are actually good--Jordan Morris, Kellyn Acosta, Christian Roldan, Walker Zimmerman, et al. don't get the playing time they need to grow. Instead you get hacks like Feilhaber, Arriola, Bedoya, and Bobby Wood playing. Graham motherfucking Zusi at fullback--when he's a midfielder, Bruce you ignorant cunt. Nagbe on the bench.

And don't get me started on the defense. The US does not have a grasp on how the modern game of soccer is played. Nor do they understand our defenders are not good enough to play 3 men in the back or leave the two centre backs exposed. Tim Ream is not great. Yedlin is fast, but has poor technical skills. Geoff has been consistently solid. John Brooks... good, but they refuse to adapt the system to his strengths.

Our aging goalkeeping corp desperately needs an update. Sean Johnson or Bill Hamid should be starting every game. Guzan needs to be dropped. Rimando's a trooper but needs to go too. Timmie H is in really bad form and is a bench player at best, id prefer to have Joe Bendick as the third stringer to be honest.

Of course, it doesn't help that there are no good US refs either. Mark Geiger should honestly be fired. And then we must acknowledge that CONCACAF is incredibly corrupt. AND THEN we have to talk about how bad the US soccer system is...the absolute saddest part of is that so much talent gets overlooked. Even when the best are going to Football, Basketball, and Baseball... there's no good system in place to keep any sort of track of the talent that's left (which is fucking lot.)

In short, US soccer is a joke--not because there are no good American players--but because the infrastructure around US soccer retards the progress of any young stars and refuses to pick up talented youth.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

...so we need to invade... brazil?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...so we need to invade... brazil?

Yes.

That is the only logical conclusion that could be drawn from the above statement.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say good riddance to soccer/football.

The most boring sport to watch in the history of mankind.

Yes curling is more exiting to watch.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say good riddance to soccer/football.

The most boring sport to watch in the history of mankind.
But then a mere 60 minutes of gridiron often gets spread over three hours of play, and often needs megastar singing acts and jet planes to keep things interesting... They're in a huddle, they line up, they bash into each other, the 'ball' might get thrown, a whistle blows, they huddle again, line up five yards further on either direction, bash into each other again, the ball still isn't round, the whistle blows again...   :P

Now let's talk rounders baseball vs cricket, see if that helps...  ;)

Yes curling is more exiting to watch.
Who doesn't like ice being brushed! Better than skittles ten-pin bowling (and only better than crown green because that doesn't have brushes, though participants also risk falling over...)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:42:12 am by Starver »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Well cricket is, as far as I’m aware, the only game in the world you can play for five days that can end with neither team winning.

Baseball is much more boring than football, both varieties. The game lasts around the same as American football, but a lot less happens.

If anything interesting happens it only serves to make the game even longer, too. Commentators also discuss the same things over and over and over.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well cricket is, as far as I’m aware, the only game in the world you can play for five days that can end with neither team winning.
Depending on circumstances, a non-won game (one not clearly won, conceded or awarded by the umpire) can be a tie, a draw, abandoned or no result. And then there's also Messrs Duckworth, Lewis and (recently) Stern to conjure a score from, in a Limited Overs match with enforced weather gaps.

How much more exciting would you want it?!? ;)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Don't forget how it occasionally ends with an intergalactic invasion!

Also how dare you riff on curling it is a greatly pleasurable sport to watch.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

It’s certainly about the only team sport Scotland are any good at.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Apparently the US pulled out of UNESCO.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently the US pulled out of UNESCO.

To be fair, US hasn't contributed much to UNESCO since 2011. Early 90s enacted US law prevents funding any UN program which recognizes Palestine as a nation. UNESCO admitted Palestine and thus lost Israeli and US funding. Soon after they lost their voting rights in the program. US has technically been on the "Council" of UNESCO, but has no voting rights and nothing but basically a seat to watch with and a right to speak on matters. All US has basically done here (if anything at all, yet) is agreed to shut up.

Very little will change.
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 3566