Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4195513 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest Karne didn't say what organization awarded him the title "Secretary of State". Could be the local tennant's association. Secretary of state of the garbage bins.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

To be honest Karne didn't say what organization awarded him the title "Secretary of State". Could be the local tennant's association. Secretary of state of the garbage bins.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, someone has to be responsible for the sorry state of the garbage bins.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know what joke you were making, i was just making a different joke, since Clinton email jokes aren't that interesting. It's actually funnier to assume you're secretary of state of the garbage bins of your apartment building, yet had a similar email scandal as Clinton, than to assume you're just Clinton.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:28:04 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

I know what joke you were making, i was just making a different joke, since Clinton email jokes aren't that interesting. It's actually funnier to assume you're secretary of state of the garbage bins of your apartment building, yet had a similar email scandal as Clinton, than to assume you're just Clinton.

+1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The interesting Clinton jokes were all on the hardware that was "accidentally" destroyed.

Sorry.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That explains how the russians got so many good clinton jokes...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

IN RUSSIA, EMAILS CLINTON YOU.

BEARS.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trump threatens North Korea once more:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/07/politics/trump-north-korea-negotiations-tweet/index.html

Is there anyone that is doubting that Trump wants war with North Korea by this point?
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there anyone that is doubting that Trump wants war with North Korea by this point?

Well, I am. Trump wants capitulation, not war. If he wanted war itself, I don't think he would have waited this long to order the launch of nuclear weapons.

He's trying to treat this like the same game of chicken he's always played with everyone he's ever worked with. The problem is he's driving a car at an oncoming train and daring them to swerve first. He's a plutocrat at heart, with a plutocrat's inherent belief that everything is mutable if you throw enough money at it. The Kim regime and much of the structure of the DPRK being dependent on being ready and willing to respond in kind to American aggression, and thus forced on an almost existential level to match him threat-for-threat rhetorically, isn't the kind of thing he's ever really encountered before.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I am. Trump wants capitulation, not war. If he wanted war itself, I don't think he would have waited this long to order the launch of nuclear weapons.

He's trying to treat this like the same game of chicken he's always played with everyone he's ever worked with. The problem is he's driving a car at an oncoming train and daring them to swerve first. He's a plutocrat at heart, with a plutocrat's inherent belief that everything is mutable if you throw enough money at it. The Kim regime and much of the structure of the DPRK being dependent on being ready and willing to respond in kind to American aggression, and thus forced on an almost existential level to match him threat-for-threat rhetorically, isn't the kind of thing he's ever really encountered before.

I don't think the plan is to go nuclear (at least not initially) I think we will see the start of a military buildup to invade North Korea soon.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I created that yahoo acct in 1992, or there about.

It would be "or there about", but actually way, way off. In 1992 there were only 10 websites on the WWW (130 by 1993 and 2,738 by '94). And no such thing as webmail or yahoo. Yahoo was founded in 1994, and yahoo mail started in October 1997. So you really couldn't have had yahoo mail or any sort of webmail account before that, unless you had hotmail in 1996.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think the plan is to go nuclear (at least not initially) I think we will see the start of a military buildup to invade North Korea soon.

Neither do I, because I don't think there's a plan. I think there's one moron in the White House who thinks the DPRK will break three tweets from now and give him a great, great deal on Trump Tower Pyongyang and there's another group of very desperate people well aware that their only hope of maintaining the status quo is to brag about their readiness for an invasion they know they cannot repel. Neither of the belligerents in this fight want this fight, but one side can't stop asking for it and the other can't shut up about anything at all.

But I also think that Trump is aware that nuclear weapons are the one thing people have to take him seriously and literally on. They will make him feel imperial. On anything else from firing the people investigating him to golfing instead of governing, his will is subverted by reality and other people; in this one matter, he can tell people to do something and they cannot help but do it. If he wanted war, he could get it as easily as he gets Diet Coke delivered to the Oval Office.

He doesn't want war. War is the little shit he doesn't want to sweat. He just wants to win.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

We've had at least one giant NK derail recently so we should try to keep this under a page, but invading NK is functionally the same thing as going nuclear.  If Trump with all his advisors doesn't understand that, then I can see why Tillerson was angry enough to call him a f****** moron.  Assuming no nukes and no Chinese intervention, it would still be the Iraq War x10.  That's no more acceptable than nuclear war, which is to say, not acceptable at all.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We've had at least one giant NK derail recently so we should try to keep this under a page, but invading NK is functionally the same thing as going nuclear.  If Trump with all his advisors doesn't understand that, then I can see why Tillerson was angry enough to call him a f****** moron.  Assuming no nukes and no Chinese intervention, it would still be the Iraq War x10.  That's no more acceptable than nuclear war, which is to say, not acceptable at all.

This isn't a derail, these are things the president of the UNITED STATES is saying.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 04:55:39 am by Antioch »
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 3566