Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4195705 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, I can smell an argument coming from a mile away, and no one likes those. Tone it down a little.

As for what you're suggesting weird, I don't want to escalate this, but a Google search shows that, in fact, no telescope on earth can currently see the Apollo landing site.

That said, I agree with the comparison you made weird, no matter how true it is.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:04:19 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it amusing that with all kinds of proofs around, a fake moon landing person was convinced by a fake (honest mistake) observation of the landing module.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Poetic irony is the best kind, apparently.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trump has said it is "the silence before the storm"

Ohw god he is going to invade North Korea.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont see that happening (or maybe I am just too hopeful it wont happen?), instead, what I am reading in the news right now is arguably just as bad, just not going to cause china to instantly shove hundreds of nukes up america's ass.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-plans-to-declare-that-iran-nuclear-deal-is-not-in-the-national-interest/2017/10/05/825c916e-a9e3-11e7-b3aa-c0e2e1d41e38_story.html

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont see that happening (or maybe I am just too hopeful it wont happen?), instead, what I am reading in the news right now is arguably just as bad, just not going to cause china to instantly shove hundreds of nukes up america's ass.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-plans-to-declare-that-iran-nuclear-deal-is-not-in-the-national-interest/2017/10/05/825c916e-a9e3-11e7-b3aa-c0e2e1d41e38_story.html

Trump has made more hints about war with north Korea the last weeks. He said North Korea is "on a suicide mission", that "they won't be around much longer" and that while Bush and Obama failed with regards to North Korea, he won't.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But what is his problem with the Iran deal anyway? Iran gave up practically all nuclear activity, what more does he want?

There is literally no reason to eliminate this deal unless the purpose is to harm Iran, either economically through new sanctions or military.

I highly suspect Israels lobby is pushing for eliminating the deal.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those statements by themselves do not really imply that Trump is itching to push the nuke button.

He is correct, for different reasons, on both issues.

1) "on a suicide mission" is correct. They can only build so big and so powerful devices inside the borders of NK, and still test them. Their "LISTEN TO ME!! I AM BIG GUY NOW! I HAVE HUGE NUCLEAR DILDO NOWW!!!" only works, when they can demonstrate that it does in fact go boom.  NK is a very small country. Eventually, just their own nuclear tests will be suicidal for them.  Their slavish devotion to a nuclear program is indeed slow suicide.

2) Various insiders that have defected from NK suggest that Glorious Leader's regime is just a stiff breeze away from internal systematic collapse.  If this is true, then really--- they WONT be around much longer.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 02:42:44 am by wierd »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Dont know what to tell you there guy, since I have myself seen these objects many times with that telescope. Again, the object in question was indeed "a shiny dot", inside a circle about the size of a pencil eraser. (perhaps a little smaller.) The tracks look like a squiggly dark line meandering around the area. I actually use the rover tracks to tune in the site, when I look at it. It is possible I am not seeing what I think I am seeing, but thats another kettle of fish.
To back up wierd a bit here: if I was looking at the moon and saw something like the Hadley Rill and the shadow/highlight of the nearby crater in the region of the moon I was expecting to see Apollo 15, I'd probably say "well fuck, didn't know you could see Apollo 15 with this" but I'm not an optics expert either.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

But what is his problem with the Iran deal anyway? Iran gave up practically all nuclear activity, what more does he want?

There is literally no reason to eliminate this deal unless the purpose is to harm Iran, either economically through new sanctions or military.

I'unno, trump apparently laundered money for one of iran's military/terrorist branches (forget the exact name, 'cause I've been awake for like five minutes -- pretty sure I've mentioned it waaaay upthread if you feel like searching for it). I could see harming iran in a bid to obfuscate criminal activities as being something trump decides to do.

Could also see someone on their side of things having fucked with his ego at some point during the process or since, which given trump's behavioral patterns would explain just about any level of hostility from him, up to and including inciting military conflict. That the deal happened under obama would qualify here on its own, really.

... 'course, now that my brain is working a bit more, most likely is just because his base lies out its fucking ass about and swallows any swill that shits on convenient brown people targets, of which for reasons various and historied iran happens to be. Trump'll take a dump on anything positive or even neutral about them for that reason alone, and the talking shitheels among the right wing have been mischaracterizing the iran deal to suck off racists and xenophobes since day 1 of negotiations.

Mind the other two are still decent possibility, as is stuff like one of the fucknut and/or corrupt as fuck individuals that he's surrounded himself with playing with trump's various character flaws to worsen relations with the country due to some grudge or bribe-giver's agenda or fucking spite etc., or whatever. There's basically a slate of possible and entirely too goddamn plausible causes for trump to be trying to incite hostilities with or undermine someone.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trump has on Twitter told his secretary of state not to "waste his time" avoiding nuclear war. In response to which, Secretary Rex Tillerson called him a "fucking moron". While Tillerson, Mattis, and apparently Mnuchin are trying their best to keep us from chaos, they sure do have their work cut out for them.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His problem with the Iran deal is that Obama presided over it. He's anti-'everything Obama did', remember? Israels lobby is definetly pushing for eliminating the deal, Netanyhu has been loudly against it since it was implemented because it doesn't go hardcore enough on Iran.

2) Various insiders that have defected from NK suggest that Glorious Leader's regime is just a stiff breeze away from internal systematic collapse.  If this is true, then really--- they WONT be around much longer.

Hasn't the NK regime been 'a stiff breeze away from internal collapse' for a long time now? I mean, it extends back to even his fathers regime.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Isn't it pretty likely that Kim's brother (which was apparently his father's favourite, according to some documentary I half watched the other day) was assassinated because there might have been a high chance of there brewing a plot to replace him?
Love, scriver~

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hasn't the NK regime been 'a stiff breeze away from internal collapse' for a long time now? I mean, it extends back to even his fathers regime.

And to his grandfather's regime, too. The DPRK doesn't work like a "normal" country, so people who try to analyze it like one end up convinced it can't work and isn't working and will fall apart soon. Seventy-odd years later, they persist regardless. It's more of a stable equilibrium that keeps oscillating between individually unstable states; any one incarnation is short-lived, yes, but the system can withstand the constant changes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't it pretty likely that Kim's brother (which was apparently his father's favourite, according to some documentary I half watched the other day) was assassinated because there might have been a high chance of there brewing a plot to replace him?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of plot, given the usual dynamics of that kind of monarchial familial rule, and he had been killing threats to his rule for some time now, so, it's not exactly surprising that he did assassinate his older brother.

Anyways, back to home now. It's turning out more and more that the shooter had meticulously planned this, possibly even more meticulously than a single person could have planned it all. It's possible he COULD have planned it all himself, but that suspicion is still there.

Trump has said it is "the silence before the storm"

Ohw god he is going to invade North Korea.

I saw a clip of it and he said 'calm before the storm' in reference to a question about what a military dinner would represent and it sounded like he was making some sort of offhand joke. Definetly don't want to make offhand jokes about NK while President though......
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:21:37 am by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 3566