Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4211203 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Debt ceiling and Gov. Funding possibly punted to mid-December?
« Reply #12270 on: September 07, 2017, 11:01:43 pm »

Could someone remind me, was this: http://archive.is/6SZ8g brought up here last month?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: September 07, 2017, 11:14:31 pm »

It's not really worth discussing. Biased 'zine goes mental over perceived PC madness of powerless international body.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: September 08, 2017, 12:20:23 am »

Reelya, that's just saying 'encryption works' though. Regardless of anything related to bitcoin, encryption works; that's just an established fact for the time being due to math and the way computers work. The reason it *doesn't* work is the 100 million lines of random code written by half a million individual programmers running on all sides of it accidentally grabbing and spilling bits everywhere.

On a related note, there's some indications there may have been some insider trading by the equifax execs: http://www.businessinsider.com/equifax-executives-sold-shares-after-the-company-learned-of-a-massive-hack-2017-9

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: September 08, 2017, 12:38:03 am »

I'm hoping Donald Trump decides to make his name in the history books by being the first U.S. President to change party affiliation in the middle of their presidential term.

The mileage of "keks" I would get out of the butthurt nazis on /pol/ would be hilarious. I don't think it'll happen, because Dems support those darn black folk, but after the last election cycle I'm prepared for anything less than or equal to John McCain supporting the Vietcong.

He was never really Republican in the first place, he just puppeted the parties skin.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: September 08, 2017, 12:57:21 am »

I mean, he's more Republican than not. There is a Democratic iteration of Donald Trump, perhaps in the past and at least in theory, but it's way weirder and fits even less.

With the way the two parties have come to consume all ideologies, Trump's goes to the Republican tent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: September 08, 2017, 01:36:59 am »

Positive Outlook: Trump will continue playing the 'dealmaker', by throwing the Republicans under the bus until they get with whatever program Trump is trying for.  But the Republicans don't until after they suffer in the midterm elections.  By then, Trump would actually be willing to compromise to get things done and play to his 'role'.
Then somehow, bipartisanship is revived and Trump continues to stroke his own ego as such an 'awesome' dealmaker.

Give me a good slap if this does happen.  I might be in some trauma-induced fever dream.

EDIT: Or he was a liberal-russian sleeper agent all along.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:48:33 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: September 08, 2017, 01:49:45 am »

I think Trump will be the final president of the USA ever, since I cannot conceive of what sort of follow-up there could possibly be to this current administration. It's definitely the last act of the night.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: September 08, 2017, 02:42:27 am »

Could always be followed up by Kanye West.  Best defense in the world, every time someone fires a missile anywhere in the world, Kanye interrupts it with a new sonic weapon that tells the missile how much better some other country's missiles are.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: September 08, 2017, 03:28:55 am »

Or it could lead to a soft spoken moderate becoming president because some people will just be looking for the exact opposite of trump.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: September 08, 2017, 04:28:38 am »

Or it could lead to a soft spoken moderate becoming president because some people will just be looking for the exact opposite of trump.

Interesting to compare to France, where the hyperactive Sarkozy was followed by the "normal President" Hollande.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: September 08, 2017, 04:38:16 am »

Which was followed by the self described Jupiterian Macaroni.

So there's still a chance for Kanye following the soft spoken nodrrsre. That would complete the similee.
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: September 08, 2017, 05:42:13 am »

I'm hoping Donald Trump decides to make his name in the history books by being the first U.S. President to change party affiliation in the middle of their presidential term.

The mileage of "keks" I would get out of the butthurt nazis on /pol/ would be hilarious. I don't think it'll happen, because Dems support those darn black folk, but after the last election cycle I'm prepared for anything less than or equal to John McCain supporting the Vietcong.

He was never really Republican in the first place, he just puppeted the parties skin.
Never let them get away with saying it though, fuck 'em, they wanted to go along with it expecting a rubberstamping buffoon, now they've got an incompetent assgrabber who doesn't see what's so bad about neonazis hanging around their neck. This is where you point and laugh, not help them shirk anything by being in any way dismissive of the idea that he is them.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: September 08, 2017, 05:58:43 am »

It's idiotic how the Republicans seem to get away with disowning any of their own leaders who become at all unpopular. Bush, Trump etc, all "RINOs". McCain and Romney have been dismissed as RINOs too I believe. So ... literally not a single one of people who've run in the general election as a Republican president are really Republicans for the last 20 years? How does that even work?

There's no way that shit would fly for the Democrats so no reason to give the GOP free pass to disown people they push into positions representing them.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:00:32 am by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12283 on: September 08, 2017, 06:11:30 am »

"muh 88D chess, dolan trump is secretly democrat hitler :DDD" t. /pol/
"FUCK THE DEMOCRAT PARTY, THIS IS WAR (again)" t. TYT
"<insert script><perform function of celebration>We have always supported drumph<end script>" t. CNN
"TWO SCOOPS BLUMPHT" t. Time
"THE WATER TURNED HIM GAY WITH GOBLINS" t. humble water filter merchant

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12284 on: September 08, 2017, 11:47:09 am »

Could always be followed up by Kanye West.  Best defense in the world, every time someone fires a missile anywhere in the world, Kanye interrupts it with a new sonic weapon that tells the missile how much better some other country's missiles are.
"Awright Lil Kim, i'mma let you finish....but I just wanna say, Hiroshima the best nuke OF ALL TIME."

*drops mic*

*also drops 100kt nuke*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 3566