Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4163154 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #11655 on: August 25, 2017, 08:06:06 am »

You know what was also an Obama era thing? Brushing your teeth. Stop the brush, righties.

this incident reminds me of the time where when Obama condemned the senseless violence of the holocaust, the National Review published an editorial, claiming that the holocaust was actually entirely a sensible policy.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:09:20 am by Reelya »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: August 25, 2017, 08:07:04 am »

In older news (that is at least news)...
The White House noted the call was an Obama administration practice.
"The Trump Administration looks forward to creating its own traditions to observe the High Holidays and other important days in the Jewish faith," an unnamed White House official said in a statement to the BBC.
("We don't care. It was an Obama thing anyway... Good riddance.")
"We're just gonna lump them all into one and call it Jewsday Tuesday. I know, catchy, right? More efficient that way. I mean, you seen how many holidays these guys have? It's ridiculous! It's ridiculous. Just like the fake news who predicted I wouldn't win. I had over 300 electoral votes, you know that? They said I wouldn't get 240, much less 270...."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: August 25, 2017, 08:19:07 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4820904/ACLU-hammered-tweeting-white-supremacist-photo.html

Just remember kids. Being White is racist!

Just so you know this is a picture of a toddler wearing a shirt that says "Free speech" on it waving an American Flag. I should state that the child is white and blonde.

This is, apperantly, incredibly racist White Nationalist Nazi Propaganda... Welcome to the new America!

---

I am finally caught up to the news so I can post actual stuff more frequently. I just had to wade through a LOT of garbage!

I can finally deal with the criticisms sent towards me.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:25:12 am by Neonivek »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: August 25, 2017, 08:25:32 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4820904/ACLU-hammered-tweeting-white-supremacist-photo.html

Just remember kids. Being White is racist!

Just so you know this is a picture of a toddler wearing a shirt that says "Free speech" on it waving an American Flag. I should state that the child is white and blonde.

This is, apperantly, incredibly racist White Nationalist Nazi Propaganda... Welcome to the new America!

---

I am finally caught up to the news so I can post actual stuff more frequently. I just had to wade through a LOT of garbage!

Which I probably wouldn't normally, but the major criticism is that I strawman and don't post sources! :P
All this shows is that people on Twitter are, by and large, idiots.

I could tweet (if I used that abomination) "I like pie." and I'd probably have a dozen or more responses calling me a cake-raper.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: August 25, 2017, 08:35:48 am »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/24/aclu-admits-to-white-supremacy-after-tweeting-phot/

Unfortunately trickle down stupidity is involved here.

Edit: fixed it up to be less seemingly antagonistic towards RedKing
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:38:45 am by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: August 25, 2017, 08:38:47 am »

No surprise that right-wing news media would take the bait to hit ACLU or otherwise mock it after it screws up, and yeah, it was the internet just being the internet and then ACLU made the situation worse.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: August 25, 2017, 08:39:46 am »

No surprise that right-wing news media would take the bait to hit ACLU or otherwise mock it after it screws up, and yeah, it was the internet just being the internet and then ACLU made the situation worse.

You mixed up your wings :P

But the ACLU, to my knowledge, never admitted to being White Supremists.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: August 25, 2017, 08:45:35 am »

No, smjjames is right: both the Daily Mail and the Washington Times (as distinct from the Post) are known for being right-wing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: August 25, 2017, 08:49:18 am »

No, smjjames is right: both the Daily Mail and the Washington Times (as distinct from the Post) are known for being right-wing.

Ahhh :P

Mixed it up because the other news sites do a different spin.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: August 25, 2017, 09:26:57 am »

Yeah, it's the NYTimes and Washington Post that are left-wing (more center left, but they both do have their conservative journalists and op-eds) and the NYPost and Washington Times that are right-wing. Though NYPost is more gossip/tabloid.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: August 25, 2017, 09:37:13 am »

Yeah, it's the NYTimes and Washington Post that are left-wing (more center left, but they both do have their conservative journalists and op-eds) and the NYPost and Washington Times that are right-wing. Though NYPost is more gossip/tabloid.

Calling the NYT center left, even in a parenthetical, is a pretty far stretch.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: August 25, 2017, 09:54:16 am »

Calling WaPo center at all is just flat out ignorance.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: August 25, 2017, 09:57:55 am »

Calling WaPo center at all is just flat out ignorance.

Or maybe I just want to believe that they're center-left

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: August 25, 2017, 10:36:07 am »

I could tweet (if I used that abomination) "I like pie." and I'd probably have a dozen or more responses calling me a cake-raper.

How would pie-affinity equate to cake-rape? If anything, it makes you a cake-bigot.
Not that is really matters, as everyone knows that cookies are the only superior pastry.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: August 25, 2017, 11:25:36 am »

Sheeit mang, draining doesn't really help a lot of these places. Water just comes back, 'cause they're coming from up north or underground. You gotta' fill 'em, and then hope some time in the future your junk doesn't fall over and sink, possibly after catching fire.

Suppose it's conceptually possible, but you wouldn't have to drain the swamp, you'd have to empty the aquifer, burn out the caverns, and turn much of the area between here and the Appalachians into dessicated deadlands. Then probably knock most of said range mountain down, to keep things from rolling back down it. Possibly empty the atlantic and/or solve global warming to keep the storms from trying to ramp up.

South Florida was actually doing a pretty good job of accidentally doing that to the Everglades. They diverted enough water for agriculture that the Everglades and Okeechobee were drying up. They seem to have slowed that a bit and avg rainfall over the past few years has been better so I think they're recovering. But it IS possible to drain a swamp. I mean... consider Disney World. It was built on a former swamp.

Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 3564