Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4167404 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #11385 on: August 22, 2017, 06:30:23 am »

Of more substance than "If I am elected as President of Tautology Club, then I shall immediately become President of Tautology Club", yes, but transparently less useful.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11386 on: August 22, 2017, 06:38:54 am »

I'm not really sure what people expected, really.

Honest question: are there any campaign promises Trump made that he's actually fulfilled? I know all candidates make a lot of promises they can't fulfill, but they're typically not outright lies like this.

I was answering to this.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11387 on: August 22, 2017, 08:34:26 am »

I find it amusing that a single poster has managed to completely derail the thread and piss off at least two other posters into blocking him. A fault of open discussion, lel :P

I've done it before.

Not on purpose mind you... but I could bring up a Trump Lobster Lunch and it would probably derail this thread.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:55:21 am by Neonivek »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #11388 on: August 22, 2017, 08:38:11 am »

Look, I'm from Dallas, yes I could saddle and ride a horse before I could drive a car, but I have never used a lasso, gotta go a bit further west I think, or head up to OklahomaAmerica's Grundle and once you find civilization (hah!) ask anyone there, I'm sure they can help you out. I wouldn't know for sure, I don't consort with those people but I assume with nothing else to do but livestock they'd have to develop skill at wrassling them.

I lived half my life in OKC, the other half in Tulsa, never once saw a horse, lasso, or cow within the city limits. The few times I rode a horse were during Boy Scout excursions, and we had to go down to Texas to find them. Don't even try to pretend like Oklahoma is more cowboy than Texas.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: August 22, 2017, 10:21:14 am »

Here's the real question for you Texans: will you respond properly if I sing "The stars at night, are big and bright..."
It's not necessarilly bad. Doesn't seem very new either too. Saying that Pakistan should do more has been said for years, and it's not clear how much more pressure he's willing to put in. Implicating India more is something that precedent US governement weren't doing openly, but it could backfire if it leads Pakistan to fear loosing Afghanistan to India.

I guess it would be fairly decent, it's just galling because he spent the campaign touting his "special secret plan to solve the issue". Not that we expected that to be just another pile of horsecrap, but it's worth keeping in mind it's another of his non-stop stream of lie.
I agree that militarily its very similar to what we're seen before and the change is probably nothing to write home about. Politically though: Breitbart, now under Meet-the-old-boss management, went after Trump. The top headline describes him as "Defending flip-flop in speech", one article described him as speaking with McMaster's voice, while other, more subtle (yet arguably more likely to provoke Trump) articles called it a continuation of Obama's strategy, or a tweaked variation thereof.

They aren't wrong, but what's notable about it is it's an aggressive tact for Bannon's Breitbart to take against their new boss's former boss.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: August 22, 2017, 10:24:05 am »

You're surprised that Bannon is turning on Trump after getting shit-canned?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11391 on: August 22, 2017, 10:27:00 am »

I find it amusing that a single poster has managed to completely derail the thread and piss off at least two other posters into blocking him. A fault of open discussion, lel :P

It's called "Hi I'm new to the forums and my first act as a GD poster is to hit the political thread like a ton of bricks, and ardently declare my (P)olitical (L)eanings to any who will listen."

I mean, they started a thread for Trump as one of the first things they did, despite this thread being here. That should tell you something. Possibly that they want to be heard more than they want to talk.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:07:53 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: August 22, 2017, 10:38:06 am »

You're surprised that Bannon is turning on Trump after getting shit-canned?

Especially since he explictly said that he was 'going to war for Trump' and would attack Trump's adminstration when he felt like it.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: August 22, 2017, 10:46:35 am »

so you guys blocked him over literally just disagreeing with your base economic beliefs?

nice
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: August 22, 2017, 10:52:03 am »

so you guys blocked him over literally just disagreeing with your base economic beliefs?

nice

I think only Descan did that, he's the only one who said it out loud though.

I didn't block that johnnyyuma guy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11395 on: August 22, 2017, 11:04:34 am »

And Descan blocks people just for being slightly difficult to read or disagreeing with him.

So its Descan :P

Assuming he is the guy who blocked me :P
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:10:59 am by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11396 on: August 22, 2017, 11:30:40 am »

Lets shift the topic back on rails to.. well.. something else...

Like, um, Trump is going to do a rally in Arizona (indoors, obviously) soon, among increasing speculation that he might pardon Joe Arpaio.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: August 22, 2017, 11:41:32 am »

Will admit... to some extent, I almost want to find out what the state could do when handed a federal level admission of guilt.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11398 on: August 22, 2017, 11:42:20 am »

Lets shift the topic back on rails to.. well.. something else...

Like, um, Trump is going to do a rally in Arizona (indoors, obviously) soon, among increasing speculation that he might pardon Joe Arpaio.
That'd just put the cherry on top, wouldn't it? Is there some connection between them, or would it just be a part of Trump courting the cop worshiper vote?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11399 on: August 22, 2017, 11:49:49 am »

Also the racist shitbag one! Can't forget that. Arpyboi rolls those two up into a nice little why-the-hell-isn't-this-bastard-in-jail package. Though I think it's less cop worship in that case than criminal hate.

Can't recall any particular connection between them, though. Arp probably endorsed him last year, but near as I remember that's about it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 3564