Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4187091 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10995 on: August 17, 2017, 01:22:13 pm »

Speaking of FTFE...
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9kkkby/lets-blow-up-mount-rushmore?utm_source=vicetwitterus

Why did iconoclasm suddenly become so fashionable?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10996 on: August 17, 2017, 01:27:35 pm »

Speaking of FTFE...
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9kkkby/lets-blow-up-mount-rushmore?utm_source=vicetwitterus

Because Donald Trump said it was, and his opponents can't help but take the bait.

Or he's a time traveler.

Edit: I read that article and I suddenly understand why white nationalism is a thing.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:30:05 pm by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10997 on: August 17, 2017, 01:31:35 pm »

I keep getting MRAs mixed up with MREs. Do they both still taste of toasted cardboard?

Funny enough I am reminded of a German Ration that is literally a brick of nutrients. Like a bar of soap that you eat.

You can eat it straight up for a mildly unpleasant meal... Though if I remember correctly you are supposed to either make it into soup or dissolve it into like... porridge or something like that.

There was an episode of Cutthroat Kitchen where one of the sabotages was to replace all your ingredients with whatever's in an airdrop box.  A former Austrian paratrooper was one of the contestants, and he talked about how he expected it to be full of dehydrated ingredients that had been sitting in a warehouse for a year.  So he bought it for someone else, and his prediction was spot on for what was in the crate.

Cue the person he sabotaged making a delicious meal that the judge couldn't see anything wrong with.  Because of course.

Speaking of FTFE...

Since everyone is taking a side on the confederate statues.  The text of the article isn't seriously suggesting blowing up Mount Rushmore, I read it more as "why did we even make this in the first place?"  It also seems to be a reply to the Daily Caller sarcastically publishing an article about "let's blow up Mount Rushmore."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10998 on: August 17, 2017, 01:42:14 pm »

I am REALLY happy with how civil this thread has been overall...

Not that we have all been saints but we have people vehemently disagreeing on fundamental levels and so far... very little hate between the users...

At least on the surface... for all I know there is a hate club in the Discord servers :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10999 on: August 17, 2017, 01:44:38 pm »

It... hasn't really seemed more fashionable, though? There's long been a pretty sizeable contingent of people that wanted confed statues or whathaveyou out of their neighborhood, and lots of folks had an opinion on 'em, it just didn't really come up often. People could and did ignore the issue.

Definitely more visible at the moment, and other events are leading to it happening more, but it's kinda' felt less like it's suddenly more popular, per se, than it's become harder to ignore or explain preservation in terms that don't come out poorly.

... also, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if nazis supporting the things and people actually noticing it for once has nudged some balances away from their previous state. Been seeing the argument much more in the last day or two that the things should be taken down (moved, wrecked, whatever) due to how certain sections of our population are using the things as symbols. Even some folks that are inclined towards the confederacy are coming out and saying they want the monuments out of the public eye if they're going to be a rallying point for nazis and people willing to stand with 'em.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11000 on: August 17, 2017, 02:17:20 pm »

Lol, talk about international ostracization, Dailystormer has been booted off it's .ru domain,

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: August 17, 2017, 02:19:29 pm »

Damn, and here I thought Russians liked nazis. /s

Edit: To clarify, not making fun of smjjames, just the situation
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:23:46 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: August 17, 2017, 02:21:20 pm »

I know it's not a surprise given Russia, but it does seem rather silly that they thought they could find a safe haven in Russia.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: August 17, 2017, 02:30:37 pm »

Loved them so much they beat us to Berlin to find em.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: August 17, 2017, 02:33:15 pm »

Edit: To clarify, not making fun of smjjames, just the situation

I knew you weren't trying to make fun of me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: August 17, 2017, 02:50:42 pm »

Don't you LOATHE when you actually find out a link to something you were arguing loooong after it is already over?

I actually had one for a argument we had months earlier.

It is hard to research... but I randomly on the internet BOOM! an example.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:01:31 pm by Neonivek »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: August 17, 2017, 02:59:53 pm »

Lol, talk about international ostracization, Dailystormer has been booted off it's .ru domain,
At this point, I'm surprised they haven't moved over to IPFS.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11007 on: August 17, 2017, 03:11:02 pm »

It wasn't actually the Russians who shut them down, it was CloudFlare, the anti-DDOS protection thing.

I feel there's actually a pretty serious problem with a few big companies being able to basically completely destroy a website's internet presence. Not shedding tears for nazis, but now that Pandora's box is open, what's to stop them silencing other movements, etc?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: August 17, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »

Ohh is Net Neutrality in the USA finally gone?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: August 17, 2017, 03:26:35 pm »

It wasn't actually the Russians who shut them down, it was CloudFlare, the anti-DDOS protection thing.

I feel there's actually a pretty serious problem with a few big companies being able to basically completely destroy a website's internet presence. Not shedding tears for nazis, but now that Pandora's box is open, what's to stop them silencing other movements, etc?

It's called 'Terms of Service'. They've still got the dark web to retreat to
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 3566