Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4187074 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10980 on: August 17, 2017, 08:48:36 am »

I look at people who rail about MSM as media hipsters.
"Oh, I get the truth from this website you've probably never heard of. Yeah, I used to like Breitbart, before they got popular and sold out."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: August 17, 2017, 08:52:31 am »

Well we could always bring up the MRA if you really want to stay on this topic.

Since they are the best example of BEING this sort of group that has a worse reputation than they deserve... But at the same time the largest source OF this bad reputation is another group with a far BETTER reputation than they deserve.

Both which are leftist groups :P

I sincerely doubt somebody who is not a nazi becomes a nazi out of sympathy for their true victim narrative.

If I remember correctly... TYPICALLY the cause is disenfranchisement.

The funny thing is how much people don't understand that. There was a small news piece about Anti-ISIS videos the US was making to convince youth not to join ISIS...

But someone who used to make ISIS videos looked at it and said "You guys are morons... This is incredibly preachy and no one is going to listen to this"

Since the ISIS videos are about giving people a place where they belong. While the Anti-ISIS video is the typical banging of the RACISM! SEXISM! drum.

Which isn't to say that Drum is incorrect... But people bang the Racism sexism drum so much it has become background noise. People have called the color of traffic lights to be racist.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:05:42 am by Neonivek »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: August 17, 2017, 09:03:34 am »

The MRA are leftists? Are you even trying to make sense, or just putting together insinuations?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: August 17, 2017, 09:09:19 am »

The MRA are leftists? Are you even trying to make sense, or just putting together insinuations?

Why don't they qualify as leftist?

They seem to use leftist ideology and are rather anti-traditional.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:16:39 am by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: August 17, 2017, 09:28:28 am »

Why don't they qualify as leftist?

They seem to use leftist ideology and are rather anti-traditional.

There are both liberal feminists and conservative feminists. Wasn't one of the biggest feminists of the 60's and 70's actually pretty conservative? Feminism really isn't constrained by political leaning, conservative feminists just have a different take on it than liberal feminists. MRAs are a reaction to that, and thus aren't constrained by political ideology.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: August 17, 2017, 09:34:42 am »

True I guess giving them a political leaning isn't EXACTLY accurate. Then again people tend to do that anyway.

Since it isn't like they have TOO much of a say on military spending except that military service should be open for all genders AND that we should consider the ramification of how we treat soldiers as disposable.

MRAs are a reaction to that

Oddly enough after some research. They aren't so much a reactionary group they are a offshoot or splinter of feminism.

Menanism (a joke group) is a reactionary group.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:37:11 am by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: August 17, 2017, 09:41:24 am »

... your research is crap, man. Memory, too, since I'm pretty sure you've been involved with probably a dozen conversations that involved the topic. People tend to put MRA folks in the right-wing of the spectrum because the majority of the movement has been hijacked by red pill nutjobs, which either heavily lean conservative or are there to attack left wing positions (like, y'know, most everything feminism gets involved with these days). It's not an offshoot or splinter of feminism, but a generally pretty damn explicit opponent.

Reactionary is entirely accurate unless you're being intentionally obtuse and pointedly ignoring the reality of the stuff that's been trying to use that particular appellation.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: August 17, 2017, 09:42:36 am »

hijacked by red pill nutjobs,

Separate group.

It would be like saying Christianity was hijacked by Islam.

---

Though I do looooove these double standards. Not that there isn't genuine criticism, but it is amazing how much a group suddenly deserves the criticism once they are disliked versus when they are liked.

I wonder if I could find the article that says the MRA are a terrorist group.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:53:57 am by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: August 17, 2017, 09:54:49 am »

... yeah, in your head and probably no where else. Have fun with that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: August 17, 2017, 09:56:21 am »

The MRA are terrorist article? It is a long since debunked article. Or are you referring to something else?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: August 17, 2017, 09:56:28 am »

Seconding this.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: August 17, 2017, 09:57:41 am »

Mmm delicious double standards.

Now if anyone ever criticizes BLM again. You are free to bring this up to shut down people who say you are being unfair towards them. You are welcome!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: August 17, 2017, 09:59:55 am »

I keep getting MRAs mixed up with MREs. Do they both still taste of toasted cardboard?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10993 on: August 17, 2017, 10:01:29 am »

I look at people who rail about MSM as media hipsters.
"Oh, I get the truth from this website you've probably never heard of. Yeah, I used to like Breitbart, before they got popular and sold out."
Hey, I rail against the mainstream media!

I don't even bother getting the truth anymore; I just think of the most ridiculous plot that'd never get published, and wham bam that's reality.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: August 17, 2017, 10:01:55 am »

I keep getting MRAs mixed up with MREs. Do they both still taste of toasted cardboard?

Funny enough I am reminded of a German Ration that is literally a brick of nutrients. Like a bar of soap that you eat.

You can eat it straight up for a mildly unpleasant meal... Though if I remember correctly you are supposed to either make it into soup or dissolve it into like... porridge or something like that.

Hey, I rail against the mainstream media!

I don't even bother getting the truth anymore; I just think of the most ridiculous plot that'd never get published, and wham bam that's reality.

I am reminded of someone who actually framed Liberal and Conservative news side by side and shown how they sort of threated the separate presidents very similarly.

In that Fox news would give a lot more time towards Birth Deniers for Obama (I forgot the correct terms)

While Liberal news outlets pounce on everything related to Trump. (I am sorry I forgot specific examples... Look Obama had the ONE Thing... Trump has a million scandals at once)

Not that there isn't a difference between these presidents... Just so much that you can see the leanings.

Then again that person wasn't so much against political news, he was all for it. So much that he is against the sort of loops they will sometimes go through for their political agendas.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:14:16 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 3566