Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4169274 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10425 on: August 13, 2017, 10:12:25 am »

Wee bit of difference between not being inclined towards giving something weight and delighting in it, neo. Just a titch. You don't have to be a bloody sadist to not really give a shit about supremacists getting bit back.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: August 13, 2017, 10:13:23 am »

But really that is it for my opinions for one day... I am sure I am going to be labeled a Nazi lover for a while here for not wanting to walk into random people's homes and murder suspected Nazis... or not liking the pain and misery of others and bathing in the blood of my enemies.

You're overreacting, nobody here thinks that, I don't think that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: August 13, 2017, 10:17:40 am »

You're overreacting, nobody here thinks that, I don't think that.

I just know it is gonna happen. Not even gonna suspect it, like maybe a few months later someone is going to bring up this conversation and go "See! Neonivek likes Nazis!"

And I'll be like "NOO!"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:19:16 am by Neonivek »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: August 13, 2017, 10:21:20 am »

Fuck it, why wait months? I'm beginning to wonder about you myself.

These are LITERAL NAZIS. There are pictures of them throwing up a Sieg Heil. They were chanting "blood and soil". They were literally carrying fucking swastika flags. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?

And your desperate insistence on trying to cast this in some kind of moral equivalence with the unarmed counterprotesters that they attacked and killed is just...I don't even have a word for it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: August 13, 2017, 10:22:18 am »

As dumb as their tactics can be sometimes, Greenpeace isn't even on the same moral level as white nationalists.

Ok... and the Panthers.

Who are... just as bad.

Ooh, Both-sides-ism! Now I just need "What-about-ism" and "Dont-meet-hate-with-hate" to complete my set.

Seriously, Neo....get some sleep and/or a Snickers.

EDIT: not having watched the tapes, can I safely assume that police were on hand and responded quickly to the vehicular assault? Because that's the only reasonable explanation for how this guy had a mug shot where his face didn't look like a pound of ground beef.

And let's face it, if this had been a black guy ramming the Nazis, that car would have had 100+ rounds in it and the President would still be on a nonstop Twitter rampage.
There were no police there dispersing the unlawful assembly that was happening hours after the white nationalist rally had ended.

Wait let me read that again.

These are LITERAL NAZIS. There are pictures of them throwing up a Sieg Heil. They were chanting "blood and soil". They were literally carrying fucking swastika flags. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?

And your desperate insistence on trying to cast this in some kind of moral equivalence with the unarmed counterprotesters that they attacked and killed is just...I don't even have a word for it.
may i please point out that a shitload of the people in the crowd that the car crashed into were carrying baseball bats of peace?

Maybe you're talking about guns when you say "armed," but some of those protesters had guns of their own, and nobody was shot.

Again, the police seriously fucked this up. They failed to secure the way into the park, they actively drove people entering the rally closer to protesters, and when a couple of water bottles were thrown back and forth, they declared a state of emergency and immediately pushed the ralliers out of the park. They literally had a line of riot police sitting in the park, just waiting for it to get violent enough to shut the thing down and push the two groups together.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:26:19 am by Playergamer »
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: August 13, 2017, 10:28:35 am »

Got pics of those "baseball bats of peace"?

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: August 13, 2017, 10:38:29 am »

Got pics of those "baseball bats of peace"?

Yes, proof please, in footage that I saw of that specific incident, I didn't really see any of such things, and we're looking at one specific group, not the entirety of the counter-protesters. Just because they had 'baseball bats of peace' doesn't mean that they deserve being rammed into at high speed.

Anyhow, this isn't going to be the last or only clash, by not condemning the hate groups, Trump risks things getting worse.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: August 13, 2017, 10:47:05 am »

I've seen one counter-protestor that had pepper spray, and the one guy (now gone viral) with the spray can flamethrower (to which I say, well played, sir!)

But nothing as potentially deadly as a gun or baseball bat. And certainly not the group that was rammed.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: August 13, 2017, 10:50:51 am »

I've seen one counter-protestor that had pepper spray, and the one guy (now gone viral) with the spray can flamethrower (to which I say, well played, sir!)

But nothing as potentially deadly as a gun or baseball bat. And certainly not the group that was rammed.
I agree with you. I remember news reports mentioned right wing militias but i never saw an equivalent on the other side.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: August 13, 2017, 11:24:43 am »

That is why, for example, they cannot teach it in schools.

Something something Civil Rights Movement something something Burning Crosses something something Jim Crow something something Lynch mobs.

Something something World War II something something fascism something something aryan master race something something jews, disabled, homosexuals, political enemies something something concentration something something six million.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: August 13, 2017, 11:30:53 am »

I agree with you. I remember news reports mentioned right wing militias but i never saw an equivalent on the other side.
Warning: Graphic content and TMZ being TMZ

You can clearly see that multiple people in that - illegal btw - march are carrying baseball bats, and they rush out to hit the car after he rams into the crowd. You can also see protesters with bats and shields in the eight million livestreams of the rally. Both sides showed up prepared for a fight, and the police made no effort to separate them

PS: to clarify about the illegal part, the crash happened hours after the cops had dispersed the rally, and under the state of emergency, no public gatherings were allowed. Yet for some reason the cops let protesters march in the streets after the event was over. You'll note that in basically every angle of footage of this attack, there are zero cops.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: August 13, 2017, 11:42:20 am »

Which still begs my question -- how did this guy wind up in custody alive, much less pretty much unharmed?

I would have expected these violent liberal Antifa types to have torn him to pieces and then the pieces sodomized, from all the accounts I'm seeing from the equivalentists (if that's not a word before, it is now).

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: August 13, 2017, 11:46:16 am »

Baseball bats < Car engine.

As for why the police took him alive, probably because they approve of "commies getting theirs". Far-right views are pretty common among cops.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: August 13, 2017, 11:48:29 am »

Which still begs my question -- how did this guy wind up in custody alive, much less pretty much unharmed?

I would have expected these violent liberal Antifa types to have torn him to pieces and then the pieces sodomized, from all the accounts I'm seeing from the equivalentists (if that's not a word before, it is now).

He sped away from the scene, that's how, then the police got to him before the antifa types did.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: August 13, 2017, 11:51:30 am »

No, I wasn't expecting the cops to kill him. I'm just saying if they weren't on the scene at the time, and all these violent, baseball bat-wielding Antifas were all around the guy for at least a few minutes before the cops got there, how did they not smash in his windows, drag him out, and use him as a piņata until the cops got there?

I mean, come on...if you're gonna be a vigilante paramilitary, do it right.

EDIT: Ah. Ok, that explanation I can buy.

Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 3564