Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4169325 times)

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10410 on: August 13, 2017, 09:20:30 am »

But in a fight between two people where you don't know who started it... You don't pick who the "Right" person and the "Wrong" person based on who you like more.

If a Riot between Pro-Life and Pro-Choice fought each other to the death... Who would you single out?

The one who decided to run someone over with a car?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: August 13, 2017, 09:22:24 am »

But in a fight between two people where you don't know who started it... You don't pick who the "Right" person and the "Wrong" person based on who you like more.

If a Riot between Pro-Life and Pro-Choice fought each other to the death... Who would you single out?

Do we know who did that? Then again... Still not sure I'd point blame at one group when it was a mutual riot.

Well unless one side started taking out guns and mowed people down...

Then again my personal feelings is I'd condemn both rioters (which... I guess Trump did...)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:26:12 am by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: August 13, 2017, 09:24:57 am »

Do we know who did that? Then again... Still not sure I'd point blame at one group when it was a mutual riot.

Yes, we know who did that, he got arrested yesterday pretty quick after the incident.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: August 13, 2017, 09:25:38 am »

Yes, we know who did that. It's the guy in the car, not the one with tire treads on his ass.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: August 13, 2017, 09:25:59 am »

One side did come armed.

Also, is it a mutual riot when one side attacks the other, forcing them to defend themselves?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: August 13, 2017, 09:26:49 am »

Also, is it a mutual riot when one side attacks the other, forcing them to defend themselves?

Is that in an official statement somewhere?

And it depends on what the attack is to be honest... but your general assessment is right.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: August 13, 2017, 09:29:09 am »

"Mutual rioting today in the Warsaw Ghetto....Jews should be blamed equally!"

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: August 13, 2017, 09:30:26 am »

One side did come armed.

With shields and random bits of armor (helmets mostly) even. Don't know if the ones with the shields that were basically a white background with a black X over it were the white supremacists or others. Though yes, coming armed and with shields indicates expectation of violence.

Is that in an official statement somewhere?

And it depends on what the attack is to be honest... but your general assessment is right.

You really need to get some sleep, you sound more confused than normal, not that you normally sound confused. I mean, you just seem a bit out of it, and you did say that you haven't gotten much sleep the past two days.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: August 13, 2017, 09:32:04 am »

Though yes, coming armed and with shields indicates expectation of violence

Given the trend of meeting them with violence... including the meme "Punch a Nazi". I'd have expected it.

And given what occurred... They were right.

But still need official statement... Dang it official statement come out!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:34:09 am by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: August 13, 2017, 09:35:05 am »

They weren't fighting each other (besides throwing stuff at each other) initially.

Given the trend of meeting them with violence... including the meme "Punch a Nazi". I'd have expected it.

But still need official statement... Dang it official statement come out!

An official statement on what and from who? You keep saying you're looking for an official statement.

There was a press conference or two yesterday, you'd have to look at those.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: August 13, 2017, 09:36:19 am »

Punching Nazis isn't just a meme, it's a good idea.

And now, thanks to the collective power and fury of the Internet, a lot of these assholes are getting doxxed like crazy. And of course, the pure Aryan snowflakes are crying about it.

Newsflash: there's a reason the Klan wore hoods, dipshits.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: August 13, 2017, 09:41:18 am »

Punching Nazis isn't just a meme, it's a good idea.

As we all know... America was founded on the believe that we should meet people who we disagree with... with violence and suppression.

The lower the high ground the better people we are!

a lot of these assholes are getting doxxed like crazy

Yeah, as are a lot of not Nazis.

And of course, the pure Aryan snowflakes are crying about it.

Man, I love how you show the sympathy of your position by gloating about how someone... has been harassed to tears.

I certainly like to know that the Ideological Left believes that it should police people's opinions with such tactics. I better hope they stick to Nazis and not... say... Someone who doesn't believe in affirmative action. Opps. But you know label that guy a Nazi too! there now he deserves it!

But as you know the worst crime you can commit... is having opinions.

---

This is kind of why I don't like the Left's excessive obsession with weeding out racists and sexists... It becomes a transparent form of suppression and in many ways a "Thought Crime".

Just dress it up as weeding out Nazis and call it a day. I am sure people won't catch onto the fact that the definition of Nazi is very loose.

---

I don't even like Nazis... but you know what... MAYBE the people who "Police" that shouldn't be the Ideological Left.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:48:07 am by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: August 13, 2017, 09:49:23 am »

I get what you're saying on 'thought crime' and free speech and obsessively hunting them out, but that doesn't mean that we should tolerate such things. You only have to look to history to see where that kind of white supremacist ideology leads.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: August 13, 2017, 09:55:04 am »

Nobody else will do it in this country, so until we can do a good squelching on the burning churches and stuff like what happened in this particular event, it's the only bloody choice you got. Welcome to 'murrica, where after a bout of domestic terrorism the POTUS had some fun dumping responsibility on both sides of the issue, then later gave a half-hearted condolence to the injured and dead closed out with a writing tic habitually used to denigrate political opponents.

In mean time, please, excuse me if I'm not terribly moved by the emotional distress of people who support widespread ethnic cleansing and cheerfully welcome murder.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: August 13, 2017, 10:03:34 am »

I get what you're saying on 'thought crime' and free speech and obsessively hunting them out, but that doesn't mean that we should tolerate such things. You only have to look to history to see where that kind of white supremacist ideology leads.

We don't tolerate the hate they spew! That is definitely right.

That is why, for example, they cannot teach it in schools. We don't lend them an ear in the news media the majority of the time. We don't include their philosophy in most reputable texts. We have lobbies and ideological groups that counter theirs.

We don't tolerate when they riot, when they perform terrorism, when they kidnap or hurt others.

But we REALLY need to keep the high ground, not because "We need to be better than them" I am a bit more pragmatic, but because we quickly become monsters when we lose sight... and we are seeing that more and more often... The way we treat the dredges of society is becoming the way we treat dissenters.

Nobody else will do it in this country, so until we can do a good squelching on the burning churches and stuff like what happened in this particular event, it's the only bloody choice you got. Welcome to 'murrica, where after a bout of domestic terrorism the POTUS had some fun dumping responsibility on both sides of the issue, then later gave a half-hearted condolence to the injured and dead closed out with a writing tic habitually used to denigrate political opponents.

In mean time, please, excuse me if I'm not terribly moved by the emotional distress of people who support widespread ethnic cleansing and cheerfully welcome murder.

Remember this mentality will NOT go away just because this particular enemy goes away.

You need more permanent tactics. How can you deal with Neo-Nazis and White Supremists that won't backfire on, just pulling out a random group, Criminal Lawyers?

This is why the same strategies are being adopted as suppression tactics against dissenters.

As for not being distressed... A society that delights in the pain and misery of others, isn't right in the head.

----

But really that is it for my opinions for one day... I am sure I am going to be labeled a Nazi lover for a while here for not wanting to walk into random people's homes and murder suspected Nazis... or not liking the pain and misery of others and bathing in the blood of my enemies.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:11:14 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 3564