Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4169307 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10395 on: August 13, 2017, 07:46:21 am »

I haven't heard of that fad, and I fail to see how it would raise awareness for anything.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: August 13, 2017, 07:51:29 am »

I mean. To be fair, if rehab centers gave everyone inside 'em a sack of rocks and let them loose with a directive to bury the the rocks in peoples' yards, you'd probably get some awareness of something pretty damn fast?

I'm just not so sure it would be the opioid mess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: August 13, 2017, 07:54:53 am »

... is. Is there actually a growing trend of people taking pictures of themselves besides painted rocks, and putting it on social media? Like. Is colored rock hide and seek a thing, now? Do I need to be ready to throw unpainted ones when some nut tries to bury a multicolored rock in my yard? Just how holy shit out of touch is this guy?

Been a thing around here for at least 6 months now. It's not huge, but I've seen maybe a half dozen myself just out and about without really looking. I have a couple of family members that are, or were, at least, into it for a while. Seems to be calming down a bit, but yeah. Painted rocks, although in our case it wasn't necessarily for any "cause", was just a fun little thing people did.

Point isn't to bury the rocks in peoples yards though, you want others to find them, so you put them somewhere visible and in a public place. I usually saw them near restaurant entrances and store parking lots.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:48 am »

Sort of like that "leave a book in a public place " far from some years back?
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: August 13, 2017, 08:41:08 am »

I need to stay off certain sites.

After hearing someone rant about how Trump doesn't, what is the term for saying it is a no-no?... Whatever... Not No-Noing "Terrorist" White Supremist groups... Because "He is a White Supremist" I was immediately about to actually defend Trump on the grounds that clearly this person is sort of pushing their agenda onto Trump.

Maybe he didn't no-no one group because two groups were involved, there is no official statement of fault, and just because the White Supremists are the unpopular group no one likes it doesn't mean you can dismiss them like that.
-I REALLY shouldn't talk about this situation before I get ALL the facts... but HOLY COW does meeting crazy make you go insane.

I deal with Trump and he is INSANE enough...

I don't need to deal with the insane population of the Left AND the Trump of the right at the same time. I can't take two flavors of insanity at the same time.

I need this thread's STRONG left leaning but mostly sanity.

-Note: If this post makes no sense... I haven't slept in two days... It is about how I am feeling Whip Lash because Trump is an idiot, but crazy insane people on the left are also idiots... and I can't stand listening to two idiots at the same time.
-Note Note: I don't mean people on the left are idiots... I am referring to people who are on the left who are also idiots. Venn Diagram this!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:45:25 am by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: August 13, 2017, 08:48:33 am »

... trust me, wild dislike isn't "just" the reason people dismiss white supremacists and their supporters.

In any case, it'd take digging through trump's twitter that I really don't goddamn want to do, but I'm pretty sure the number of left-wing riots (or even things far less than that, that could be spun) that trump hasn't commented on over the last few years are very, very few. He's also entirely goddamn willing to jump all sorts of guns on any number of other subjects.

It's been said before. Trump may or may not actually be ideologically inclined towards white supremacist positions on a personal level. He lies about fuckeverything, so gods only know. But he very much is willing to pander to them, and as duke so cheerfully pointed out in the last day or two, a notable portion of what electoral success he had was dependent on them.

Whatever agenda that person was pushing is pretty damn founded in what trump's been doing.
Ask not!
Ask!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: August 13, 2017, 08:54:36 am »

... trust me, wild dislike isn't "just" the reason people dismiss white supremacists and their supporters.

I know, there are a LOT of reasons not to like them and some White Supremist groups (I am not sure if it is this one) have become radicals and terrorists.

But in a fight between two people where you don't know who started it... You don't pick who the "Right" person and the "Wrong" person based on who you like more.

If a Riot between Pro-Life and Pro-Choice fought each other to the death... Who would you single out?

Trump may or may not actually be ideologically inclined towards white supremacist positions on a personal level

Honestly I could believe it, I could totally believe it. I wouldn't be that surprised if they found out Trump used to be a KKK member.

You just haven't been in the trenches of the crazy left... they are OBSESSED with uncovering people's hidden White Supremacy and stuff like that... It really turns you off the thought crime mindset to see a group so doggedly go after people for perceived slights because it indicates a large systematic racism.

You haven't been in the crazy trenches man! Where all the crazies live!

This is why it is so hard to be around crazies AND Trump at the same time. You HAVE to be critical of Trump, but you have to dial back everything because honestly as much as most people in this thread HAAAAAAATE Trump, holy cow the crazy left wants a witch trial for Trump.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:56:13 am by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: August 13, 2017, 08:56:47 am »

@neonivek: The word you're looking for is 'condemn'.

And yeah, due to him not condemning the white supremacist stuff, they, rightly or wrongly, perceive him as their 'golden savior'. I'm not sure either whether he actually believes those ideologies himself, but he is a massive opportunist and is perfectly willing to pander to those just to capitalize on the attention.

@neonivek: Frumple is from Florida, home of the crazy Florida Man, so yes he's been in the trenches with crazy. Edit2: Oh you said 'crazy left' not 'crazy right'.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:58:45 am by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: August 13, 2017, 08:59:08 am »

@neonivek: The word you're looking for is 'condemn'.

And yeah, due to him not condemning the white supremacist stuff, they, rightly or wrongly, perceive him as their 'golden savior'. I'm not sure either whether he actually believes those ideologies himself, but he is a massive opportunist and is perfectly willing to pander to those just to capitalize on the attention.

Given that I think most of the right's position if I am channeling it correctly is that they don't believe in White Supremacy and believe strongly in Equality of opportunity.

But find the far Left's obsession with race to be stifling and nonsense.

I don't know how much of a "Benefit" he receives. They are happy with him, but probably because everyone else would have just said "Ohh, your a white supremist group? Well that means your wrong... Wrongy wrong... What? They were stabbing you with knives? How DARE you dull their knives with your flesh! Ohh they were shooting you? How DARE you waste their bullets" So I could understand them being happy that they weren't immediately vilified.

I mean he IS popular with White Supremists and Neo-Nazis... But then again I am sure Green Peace was a huge fan of Obama.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:04:37 am by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: August 13, 2017, 09:06:30 am »

As dumb as their tactics can be sometimes, Greenpeace isn't even on the same moral level as white nationalists.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: August 13, 2017, 09:07:16 am »

As dumb as their tactics can be sometimes, Greenpeace isn't even on the same moral level as white nationalists.

Ok... and the Panthers.

Who are... just as bad.

But my point IS... that just because extremist ideological groups chose a candidate that they favor... it doesn't reflect on your character. In the same way that a psychokiller's taste in videogames doesn't make the videogames in favor of psychokillers.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: August 13, 2017, 09:07:54 am »

If a Riot between Pro-Life and Pro-Choice fought each other to the death... Who would you single out?
The Pro-Lifers, for the measurably greater level of hypocrisy, obviously..

(I've worked it out, by the way. When Donald was told "Mister President, some protesters were killed and injured in the streets of Charlottesville", nothing in the statement excited his attention enough to tweet about it, having grown bored of protesters. When he was later told "Mister President, some law enforcement officers were killed when their helicopter crashed on a golf course", it had key words that triggered his interest.  They should have told him the protestors were killed and injured within 10 miles of a golf course, obviously, from the off.)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: August 13, 2017, 09:11:00 am »

All other things being equal? The one with a history of domestic terrorism seems like a damn good default position. Maybe there's some vanishingly small chance something else happened. But I wouldn't blame bloody anyone for assuming the pro-life crowd was the primary cause and driver.
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: August 13, 2017, 09:18:49 am »

Ok... and the Panthers.

Who are... just as bad.

Ooh, Both-sides-ism! Now I just need "What-about-ism" and "Dont-meet-hate-with-hate" to complete my set.

Seriously, Neo....get some sleep and/or a Snickers.

EDIT: not having watched the tapes, can I safely assume that police were on hand and responded quickly to the vehicular assault? Because that's the only reasonable explanation for how this guy had a mug shot where his face didn't look like a pound of ground beef.

And let's face it, if this had been a black guy ramming the Nazis, that car would have had 100+ rounds in it and the President would still be on a nonstop Twitter rampage.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:24:01 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 3564