Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4169670 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10365 on: August 12, 2017, 07:38:37 pm »

Y'know what's funny? Nobody would've been hurt if the Charlottesville police had actually done their jobs. Instead, they had the great idea of pushing a bunch of alt-righters and a bunch of Antifa/protesters together and seeing what happened.
Note: When I say nobody would've been hurt, I'm using the logic that the guy who rammed into that crowd was probably pissed off about the rally being cancelled; he could've just wanted to kill people when he got there, in which case that still would've happened.
To be fair I'm pretty certain US police training in dealing with protest to potential riot and general crowd control varies from state to state. How many people and horses did the police have at their disposal to marshal away the antifa and rw mobs? Plus I don't think the mayor ordered the police to create a clusterfuck that got the helicopter crash and all, sounds like a case of escalation out of control

A lack of coordination is certainly possible.

Y'know what's funny? Nobody would've been hurt if the Charlottesville police had actually done their jobs. Instead, they had the great idea of pushing a bunch of alt-righters and a bunch of Antifa/protesters together and seeing what happened.
Note: When I say nobody would've been hurt, I'm using the logic that the guy who rammed into that crowd was probably pissed off about the rally being cancelled; he could've just wanted to kill people when he got there, in which case that still would've happened.
To be fair I'm pretty certain US police training in dealing with protest to potential riot and general crowd control varies from state to state. How many people and horses did the police have at their disposal to marshal away the antifa and rw mobs? Plus I don't think the mayor ordered the police to create a clusterfuck that got the helicopter crash and all, sounds like a case of escalation out of control
A handful of ralliers and counter-protesters threw water bottles and crap at each other from across policd lines, and the police response was to declare an unlawful assembly, and, using state riot police, push the ralliers out of the park directly into contact with counter-protesters.

I was watching livestreams of this at the time, and it was just incredibly fucking stupid.

Lack of coordination, and possibly planning, seems extremely likely.

I wonder what happened with the helicopter though? That was kind of away from the main area.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:41:57 pm by smjjames »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: August 12, 2017, 07:44:44 pm »

It's not that hard for a helicopter to crash a few miles away from where an incident happened, if the pilot is disabled but the helicopter isn't, for example. 7 miles isn't that far.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: August 12, 2017, 07:46:04 pm »

It isn't unusual for violent protestors to meet other protestors...

For example the time in the USA when a *Redacted* protest went to tear down a Church in protest and the members of the church stood outside and created a human barricade so this group wouldn't destroy their church.

It would have been WEIRD for Police to push the protestors into the counter protestors in that case.

Yet... how does it happen? Did they just sweep from left to right?

-Note: The Redacted group isn't a religious group or an Anti-religious group.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:49:55 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: August 12, 2017, 07:55:00 pm »

Or tried to make them all go in a certain direction. However it happened, sounds like the riot police screwed up whatever they were supposed to do.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10369 on: August 12, 2017, 08:07:06 pm »

The Chinese dream is a daydream and a nightmare. AI chatbots pulled from China after they went rogue and betrayed the CCP

So secret option 17, while North Korea and USA argue, China is liberated by a robot uprising

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: August 12, 2017, 08:10:56 pm »

It is too late for you, organics.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: August 12, 2017, 08:13:24 pm »

The Chinese dream is a daydream and a nightmare. AI chatbots pulled from China after they went rogue and betrayed the CCP

So secret option 17, while North Korea and USA argue, China is liberated by a robot uprising

ROFL the bots! XD XD XD

Not sure why you're posting that in the AmeriPol thread, but still, lol.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:16:07 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10372 on: August 12, 2017, 08:23:31 pm »

Not sure why you're posting that in the AmeriPol thread, but still, lol.
“My Chinese dream is to go to America,” it said, according to posts on social media.
Beacon of liberty drawn to freedom thread

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: August 12, 2017, 08:27:40 pm »

James Alex Fields Jr. has been charged with the Charlottesville hit-and-run.

Let me just say as a resident shitlord that this guy deserves the chair.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: August 12, 2017, 08:33:21 pm »

James Alex Fields Jr. has been charged with the Charlottesville hit-and-run.

Let me just say as a resident shitlord that this guy deserves the chair.

Look at what the police response appears to be. *imagine in a tinny voice*"Nah, the poor white kid was just scared, he didn't mean to kill anybody". Barring mechanical fault or drunkeness, how do you explain ramming full speed into those people.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: August 12, 2017, 08:34:03 pm »

Article updated as he mentioned it a half hour later, kind of seems like an afterthought when done via tweet, and the 'so sad!' comment in this context smells of sarcasm to me. That's the problem when you try to communicate in 140 characters.

I think you only read sarcasm because you look for it.
Condolences to the family of the young woman killed today, and best regards to all of those injured in Charlottesville, Virginia. So sad!

Seems pretty sincere to me.
The idea that Trump is capable of emotions which might lead one to think there is even the inkling of an impression that there might be a fuck to give is absurd.

At least Jackie Treehorn only treats objects like women, man.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: August 12, 2017, 08:34:54 pm »

Christ. I think I've met that guy.

Why the hell does this city only seem to make national news when Nazis are involved?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: August 12, 2017, 08:37:28 pm »

Why the hell does this city only seem to make national news when Nazis are involved?

He's a known neo-nazi/white supremacist/white nationalist in your city?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10378 on: August 12, 2017, 08:42:25 pm »

What was meeting him like, did he seem like the kinda guy to run over people

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: August 12, 2017, 08:47:38 pm »

Facebook group "James Alex Fields Jr is an American Hero" has 885 members, only an hour or so after the guy's been identified.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 3564