Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4180712 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #10245 on: August 10, 2017, 06:24:10 pm »

I believe the British blood course is called black pudding. Blood pudding is the scandivegian one. I think?
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: August 10, 2017, 07:11:54 pm »

Black pudding is what I called it growing up. I assume it's the same though, 'cause I'm god you wot autocorrect bold like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: August 10, 2017, 07:43:48 pm »

... huh. We appear to now have trump on record thanking putin for expelling a few hundred US diplomats and related personnel? Because not paying them is the most important part of that whole exchange.

Like, I can get maybe it was just a fucked up degree of tone deaf wanting to downplay the import of russia's actions, but, uh. It happened.

Hopefully it's a record, and we haven't had a previous president thank a foreign power for putting a few hundred americans out of a job. My day would be worse if it turned out this had actually happened before.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: August 10, 2017, 07:50:15 pm »

No, you see, it's just Russia helping the US achieve the goal of having no government as little government as possible.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: August 10, 2017, 07:54:17 pm »

Oh oh look at mr fancypants American over there, keeping his face all clean from debilitating metals and only eating dicks without spots your mom

FTFY in the most American way possible.

Childishly, with a complete disregard for international relations and my personal dignity.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10250 on: August 10, 2017, 08:09:13 pm »

Didn't the British used to rub lead on their faces? And eat something called spotted dick?

Good role models, I think not.
There is literally nothing wrong with eating blood or rubbing lead on your face

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: August 10, 2017, 08:14:02 pm »

I think the biggest problem facing America today is the frequency that New York is destroyed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: August 10, 2017, 08:19:17 pm »

Didn't the British used to rub lead on their faces? And eat something called spotted dick?

Good role models, I think not.
There is literally nothing wrong with eating blood or rubbing lead on your face
You take the lead, I'll have the black pudding.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: August 10, 2017, 08:26:43 pm »

I think the biggest problem facing America today is the frequency that New York is destroyed.

If only Marvel had superheroes in other cities as well.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: August 10, 2017, 08:36:20 pm »

... huh. We appear to now have trump on record thanking putin for expelling a few hundred US diplomats and related personnel? Because not paying them is the most important part of that whole exchange.

Like, I can get maybe it was just a fucked up degree of tone deaf wanting to downplay the import of russia's actions, but, uh. It happened.

Hopefully it's a record, and we haven't had a previous president thank a foreign power for putting a few hundred americans out of a job. My day would be worse if it turned out this had actually happened before.

I wouldn't be surprised if one has said it sarcastically in private.

Anyhow, hard to tell if he's actually praising Putin or he's just being coy like Putin is trying to make Trump upset and Trump is going *yawn*"I still love you bro!".

On a side note, I wonder what it would take for Trump to have a falling out with Putin, since he's so notoriously fickle and mercurial with just about everybody else besides family. So far, other than family, Putin has been the most stable and consistent relationship.

Isn't Spiderman like, in Chicago or something? NYC just gets used as a backdrop a lot.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:39:22 pm by smjjames »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: August 10, 2017, 08:46:21 pm »

Nope, spiderman is a new yorker. I'm pretty sure Chicago is a myth, maybe made up by pizza companies. There wouldn't be that many people living in  Illinois.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: August 10, 2017, 09:00:45 pm »

Going wayy offtopic here, but I wonder if theres any rural based (read: not liberal environment) superheroes? Besides Paul Bunyan that is.

Obviously it makes sense that the city is where the action is, but still, just wondering out of curiosity.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:03:47 pm by smjjames »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: August 10, 2017, 09:00:57 pm »

Isn't Spiderman like, in Chicago or something? NYC just gets used as a backdrop a lot.

Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, and the main Avengers are all based in New York.  Daredevil, Punisher, and the rest of the Marvel Knights are all in "Hell's Kitchen" which I'm pretty sure is just a shitty part of New York, maybe somewhere else.  Avengers has a handful of other branches, and I think X-men is on the west coast.

Gotham City is more or less based on Chicago, so you get Batman.  But Metropolis is basically New York.

Going wayy offtopic here, but I wonder if theres any rural based superheroes? Besides Paul Bunyan that is.

Obviously it makes sense that the city is where the action is, but still, just wondering out of curiosity.

The Smallville series, when Superman was growing up in Kansas.  You could count the Hulk in the sense that he's generally a runaway that's trying hard not to be found.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:04:54 pm by MrRoboto75 »
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: August 10, 2017, 09:07:29 pm »

I thought Gotham City was just a mixture of various big cities with skyscrapers? The animated Batman was definetly based in a darker version of NYC though.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: August 10, 2017, 09:13:26 pm »

Gotham is as much Chicago as New York is Metropolis.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 3566