Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245664 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9795 on: July 30, 2017, 04:50:09 pm »

Becauze ve haff nott ze vish off yuh zu varnink havven...

(I can't do mock Latin-American that well. Nor mock Germanic, probably, but I dredged up my best recollection of Victor/Eagle/Battle comic-book foreigner... That wasn't Gott In Himmel, Achtung Englischer Schweine, Nein! Donner Und Blitzen or Vee Vill Get You Und Ihre Spitfire, Yohnny Red!)
That is an abomination on the English language, you should be ashamed. :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: July 31, 2017, 12:52:03 am »

That was supposed to be latin american?  I thought it was zizek.
Shoes...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: July 31, 2017, 10:54:45 am »

To rrreally sound like a latinyo, toss in extrra rrrolling and occasional unexpected -ny- sounds.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: July 31, 2017, 01:39:21 pm »

Trump Removes Anthony Scaramucci From Communications Director Role, apparently on the advice of his new Chief of Staff. The NY Times is the only source for it right now, and their (short) article only went up three minutes ago, so apparently, it's only just happened.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: July 31, 2017, 01:40:49 pm »

New WR! PogChamp
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: July 31, 2017, 01:47:11 pm »

Trump Removes Anthony Scaramucci From Communications Director Role, apparently on the advice of his new Chief of Staff. The NY Times is the only source for it right now, and their (short) article only went up three minutes ago, so apparently, it's only just happened.

While yeah he SHOULD be fired... It is surprising what Trump will do to his most loyal.

If there is ANY question that Trumps loyalty is one way ("Be loyal to him at all costs, but Trump reserves the right to backstab you for any reason") that is it.

THEN AGAIN we should know this... Trump is a businessman and that is how businesses work.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: July 31, 2017, 01:58:00 pm »

Let us all hope the mooch is angry about this so that he will employ his most joyous rhetoric.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: July 31, 2017, 01:59:42 pm »

I wonder who the hell they're gonna get now.

....hm....

...Eric!
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: July 31, 2017, 02:01:55 pm »

Damn that was fast. And funny as hell too. "Eeeeeyyyyy Donald what the fuck bro! I was just getting started. I was gonna hit em with a little bit of dis, and a little bit of dat! Badaboombadabing! CMON!"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: July 31, 2017, 02:09:16 pm »

CNN is also confirming that Scaramucci is out.

The fact that Chief of Staff Kelly wanted him removed, and Trump followed that advice, it's a good sign that Trump is willing to listen to him. Now we wait to see what other changes are made, though from what some staffers are saying, most of them are willing to at least give things a chance.

Also, apparently the WH comment on it is that Scaramucci is leaving to give Kelly a 'clean slate'.

....hm....

...Eric!

They're going to be hard pressed to find a competent communications director that is both willing to work with this admin AND matches Trump's loyalty requirements. Someone from the campaign maybe? Bannon (media background)?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: July 31, 2017, 02:14:39 pm »

....hm....

...Eric!

They're going to be hard pressed to find a competent communications director that is both willing to work with this admin AND matches Trump's loyalty requirements. Someone from the campaign maybe? Bannon (media background)?

Jared. The man needs more hats.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: July 31, 2017, 02:22:57 pm »

New Thread Title: "Scaramooch, Scaramooch, will you do the Fandango?" I would accept "Mooch, you're fired." Or some variation thereof.

I must admit I am surprised. Not really that he would be fired (I mean after that rant...) but, I mean it's just impressive. Mooch wanted a job for Trump, apparently sold his company to get a job six months ago before being, in his own words, "cockblocked by Priebus." Then he finally gets in, gets rid of his nemesis Reince, then is removed by Reince's replacement within two weeks. I was seriously expecting that his apparent unfailing loyalty to Mr. Trump would keep him in office, but apparently not.

Seems the new Chief of Staff is going to be an interesting individual in this administration if he has the influence and foresight necessary to get rid of the man who sank his predecessor on day 1. I wonder what else he has planned.

As for the new director? Man, I don't think anyone knows at this point. I just wonder if it'll be someone from outside the administration or inside.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #9807 on: July 31, 2017, 02:26:57 pm »

New Thread Title: "Scaramooch, Scaramooch, will you do the Fandango?" I would accept "Mooch, you're fired." Or some variation thereof.

That was my first thought.

♪ Scaramucci, Scaramucci...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: July 31, 2017, 02:27:08 pm »

And remember: Scaramucci's wife filed for divorce over him taking this job. Not the best mid-life crisis fallout I've seen, but certainly the least productive.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: July 31, 2017, 02:27:20 pm »

Trump probably just wanted to acquire his company. I'd check his associated holdings.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 3569