Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245124 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9690 on: July 28, 2017, 01:02:44 am »

People just have this way of doing weird, wildly uncharacteristic things when they know they're going to die soon, such as having principles.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: July 28, 2017, 01:06:06 am »

Bwhaha, the video of McCain had him sticking his hand out at the speaker after they called his name. He holds his hand there for five seconds, then gives a thumbs down, and walks away while someone smothers the brief applause from the Democratic side of the chamber. I need to find an offsite copy of that video. On a related note:

EDIT: On a different note, I'm very, very happy I felt the need to hold off on McCain when people were shit-talking him. Plenty of people look pretty silly now.

When you find that video, I'll want a link, haha.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: July 28, 2017, 01:25:14 am »

https://twitter.com/eben_lasker/status/890807302860578816
That's the twitter link to a video with it (although the quality is mediocre). Rewatching it now, I can see that the pause was McCain waiting for the speaker (who was calling out names one by one) to notice him sticking his hand out. The room falls quiet, someone points it out to the speaker, the speaker looks, McCain gives the thumbs down, and then walks away to aborted applause. I'm sure someone will have a better quality video later, but everyone reasonable in this timezone is asleep now and I should join them soon.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: July 28, 2017, 01:36:12 am »

https://twitter.com/eben_lasker/status/890807302860578816
That's the twitter link to a video with it (although the quality is mediocre). Rewatching it now, I can see that the pause was McCain waiting for the speaker (who was calling out names one by one) to notice him sticking his hand out. The room falls quiet, someone points it out to the speaker, the speaker looks, McCain gives the thumbs down, and then walks away to aborted applause. I'm sure someone will have a better quality video later, but everyone reasonable in this timezone is asleep now and I should join them soon.

That pose... It's time to D-D-D-D-D-D-D-Downvote!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9694 on: July 28, 2017, 01:58:46 am »

They needed somebody to vote against it or else they'd loose their biggest vote-getter. Even now, the Republican party can tell people that 100% of Democrats (and a tiny number of Rs) voted to keep Obamacare, and that the only solution is more extreme defederalisim.

If they'd succeeded, they'd lose twice: once because now they'd need to find something else to convince people to fear, and again because the pain of losing health care will strike voters while Republicans are in office.

If it happens, it would serve the Republicans best at the very end of Republican swing. Throw the whole system into chaos just in time for Biden to take office, or whoever.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: July 28, 2017, 03:32:29 am »

Unrelated to the "uncensored, long, and uncut" interview bruhaha--

I was just talking with my mexican-immigrant co-worker lady a minute ago, and a funny thought occurred to me:

In 4 years time, what the Ds need to put forward is not some geriatric white chick candidate-- They need a mexican-american candidate. Somebody with a name like Miguel Sanchez or Felipe Lopez.

Assuming they are both an intelligent choice, coupled with the 4 years of nascent anti-hispanic nonsense of the Trump Admin, they would win by a landslide.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: July 28, 2017, 03:51:52 am »

Bonus points if the candidate's last name is Castro.

In other news, is it true what Anthony Scaramaffia says? Can Bannon really give himself a blowjob?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:57:33 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: July 28, 2017, 03:57:56 am »

In other news, is it true what Anthony Scaramaffia says? Can Bannon really give himself a blowjob?

WOW! Bannon is AMAZING!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: July 28, 2017, 04:09:28 am »

Is it true that Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic with delusion of persecution?

Dayum, that Anthony Scaramoose really has badmouthing skills.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: July 28, 2017, 04:13:33 am »

Well he did say he likes to stab people in the front.

Though he doesn't SEEM to understand why politicians don't like to give their opinions on things... It miiiiight be that politicians are in a job where their ability to do their job is dependent on people's perception. It is actually why some people describe politician as one of the most difficult jobs in the world because you have to both give up your private life but also essentially keep yourself secret.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: July 28, 2017, 04:20:24 am »

Senate Speaker: Bueller, Murkowski, McCain, Paul, Ringo...
McCain: Eyyy, someone tell that fucker to shut up.
Sensate Speaker: Ah, you ready to pass this shit J-Dawg?
McCain: *mic drop, 360 turn, moonwalk away*

What a tweest, the session of voting and discussion which was able to start because of McCain was killed by none other than... *pulls the mask off* JOHN MCCAIN?!?!?!

...and he woulda gotten away with it too if not for those meddling... uh... himselves?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: July 28, 2017, 05:36:15 am »

I'm still shocked he apparently refers to himself as the Mooch.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: July 28, 2017, 08:09:57 am »

Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: July 28, 2017, 08:20:37 am »

It may have took brain cancer to get him to do it, but in the end he did and saved someone else in the GOP from falling on that particular sword (or not, causing many knives to come out later). It's worth somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: July 28, 2017, 08:21:50 am »

Senate Speaker: Bueller, Murkowski, McCain, Paul, Ringo...
McCain: Eyyy, someone tell that fucker to shut up.
Sensate Speaker: Ah, you ready to pass this shit J-Dawg?
McCain: *mic drop, 360 turn, moonwalk away*

What a tweest, the session of voting and discussion which was able to start because of McCain was killed by none other than... *pulls the mask off* JOHN MCCAIN?!?!?!

...and he woulda gotten away with it too if not for those meddling... uh... himselves?
I like to think that was just his dying "FUCK YOU" to the GOP's mouldering undead corpse.

From a tactical standpoint, it was the ultimate troll. It should (unless I'm missing some arcane backdoor option), kill their chances to do this with a budget reconciliation bill for at least another year. They can try it again next year, but it'll be in an election year and that should harden the moderates against killing it.

Breitbart and Infowars have essentially called a fatwa on John McCain and want to have him declared medically unfit and his vote annulled retroactively (lol).

The tears of butthurt Pepes are like delicious Chardonnay.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 3569