Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4244388 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9585 on: July 27, 2017, 01:50:14 am »

Then Mexico would declare war for placing such a dangerous weapon on their border. After all, trans soldiers are too deadly and expensive for even the U.S. Military to allow them to serve.

i mean it can't simply be bigotry nah
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: July 27, 2017, 01:55:13 am »

Then Mexico would declare war for placing such a dangerous weapon on their border. After all, trans soldiers are too deadly and expensive for even the U.S. Military to allow them to serve.

i mean it can't simply be bigotry nah

Not against a Wall full of Trans Marines, they wouldn't dare.  Mexico doesnt  have enough Trana to achieve even a stalemate, not without having to ask China or Iran to send their own Trans divisions for support.

I for one think that the Trans Solar Wall would be a great idea.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: July 27, 2017, 03:49:27 am »

Recruitment for the US Army has ground to a halt, as most recruitment offices are blocked by angry LGBT protestors
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: July 27, 2017, 04:12:27 am »

Recruitment for the US Army has ground to a halt, as most recruitment offices are blocked by angry LGBT protestors

Give it a few days.

I have very low opinions of the social environment that would allow such protests to continue for long... or at least to remain focused without devolving into name calling and nonsense... Or the public to just turn on it.

Just come clean and admit you're transphobic

Mmmm, mmm, delicious thought crimes and witch hunts. Certainly makes me want to hang around Trans people just for the glares of judgement that might fall upon me if I don't go with the group think.

Then there is the fact that protests are rarely looked on favorably once you start to inconvenience people.

Dunno maybe I'll be surprised and this won't just devolve into a pile of stupid.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:31:38 am by Neonivek »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: July 27, 2017, 06:38:12 am »

I have very low opinions of the social environment that would allow such protests to continue for long...

Could you elaborate?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: July 27, 2017, 06:39:05 am »

I have very low opinions of the social environment that would allow such protests to continue for long...

Could you elaborate?

Only madness and misery lies that way.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: July 27, 2017, 06:45:58 am »

Per'aps, but I'm curious to know why people being allowed to protest is a bad thing. Or at least I'm curious what Neo meant, since that seems an odd thing of which to have a low opinion.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: July 27, 2017, 07:59:16 am »

Not to speak for Neon, but I kind of agree.

From my personal viewpoint it should be the ones affected by such a ban. As of yet I've not heard of any transgendered people refused or kicked out of the military, and when that happens, protest ALL they want, for they have the means and the motive to do it. The people who are out there now though, with a few exceptions of perhaps students who were planning on going into the military, are just rabble rousers more than actual protesters. This is why I agree that it'll end in a few days. Most of these people aren't attached the current issue more than it being the current issue. They'll either get bored, or Trump will do something else that will lure them off to protest somewhere else.

I also question whether things have "ground to a halt." There are ridiculous numbers of recruiting offices all across the country. Even the smallest towns have them. Not to mention you can just flat out apply online now.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: July 27, 2017, 08:06:33 am »

First sentencing in the Oregon farmer occupation cases: 53-year old Gregory Burleson has been found guilty on account of 8 crimes, including threatening, and attacking federal officers, and obstructing the course of justice. He has been sentenced to 68 years in prison.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: July 27, 2017, 08:32:25 am »

From my personal viewpoint it should be the ones affected by such a ban. As of yet I've not heard of any transgendered people refused or kicked out of the military, and when that happens, protest ALL they want, for they have the means and the motive to do it. The people who are out there now though, with a few exceptions of perhaps students who were planning on going into the military, are just rabble rousers more than actual protesters. This is why I agree that it'll end in a few days. Most of these people aren't attached the current issue more than it being the current issue. They'll either get bored, or Trump will do something else that will lure them off to protest somewhere else.

I also question whether things have "ground to a halt." There are ridiculous numbers of recruiting offices all across the country. Even the smallest towns have them. Not to mention you can just flat out apply online now.

That's mostly because as usual, the Trump admin has not given a single though as to implementation yet.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: July 27, 2017, 10:01:21 am »

I know this might be a bit of a derail, but I know campus culture is a popular subject these days, so I figured I'd share this article about leftist memes at my university.
Full disclosure, I'm Will.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: July 27, 2017, 10:30:10 am »

That's mostly because as usual, the Trump admin has not given a single though as to implementation yet.

Yep, the Department of Defense has said that they aren't doing until the WH clarifies what exactly they want the DoD to do and possibly has it down in writing.

I know this might be a bit of a derail, but I know campus culture is a popular subject these days, so I figured I'd share this article about leftist memes at my university.

Heh. Um, since it involves a forumer, probably best to not comment.

Anyways, the chaos in the White House is starting to dial to 11 with Scaramucci blaming Priebus for leaking something which wasn't actually a leak and it's kind of been spiralling from there.

ALso, apparently Scaramucci said “There are people inside the administration who think it is their job to save America from this president,” Scaramucci said on CNN’s "New Day."

“That is not their job. Their job is to inject this president into America so that he can explain his views properly and his policies, so we can transform America and drain the swamp and make the system fairer for the middle- and lower-income people,” Scaramucci continued.
Yes, I put the entire quote in the link as it 'speaks for itself'. I can just imagine a cartoon with Uncle Sam (the figure used to represent America in general) being poked by a giant syringe with Trump inside it, lol. So, basically what Scaramucci wants is to have more yes-men around Trump instead of those trying to protect America from the worst of Trumps impulses.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: July 27, 2017, 10:46:56 am »

Heh. Um, since it involves a forumer, probably best to not comment.
You're welcome to comment; I wouldn't have shared it if I wasn't okay with people talking about it. I don't really follow this thread anyway, so do as you feel is right. There's a good chance I won't see it

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: July 27, 2017, 10:50:49 am »

What do you want people to say? If you're looking for anything except condemnation, you won't find it from me. If that article is correct, it has convinced me that you should have been expelled and arrested.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: July 27, 2017, 11:44:03 am »

Expelled, for satire? Really? It's the US, not Headchoppistan.

I'd say you should write a report on the whole thing and see if you can get some study credits for it.

Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640] 641 642 ... 3569