Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4244143 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9285 on: July 19, 2017, 02:31:03 pm »

It's worth noting that all of the Republican party's Healthcare options, at this point in time, are variations on "Do nothing" and "Negotiate with Democrats." (In that sense, the demise of the Healthcare bill is first and foremost a victory for Senate Democrats, as it shows that Republicans cannot produce any healthcare bill without their support). The latter option is broken down into three sub-options, which include "negotiate to fix Obamacare now", "Leave Obamacare be in hopes of pinning a collapse on Democrats to force them to the table" (under the unspoken assumption that it will actually collapse on its own eventually), and "Tear down Obamacare in hopes of pinning a collapse on Democrats to force them to the table" (Trump is probably alone in thinking that that's a good idea, but it's also an idea he can make under his own authority).

Given the alternatives, and how much fun Republicans have had in the last few months, I suspect the appetite for most Republicans is firmly in the "Do nothing at all and pretend this never happened" category.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:32:42 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: July 19, 2017, 02:46:41 pm »

Not to mention the deadline for both tax reform and THE WALL is coming in the form of the debt ceiling negotiations, which is already a deadline set by a temporary extension in order to instead perform...negotiations on Trumpcare.

Whoops!

Heh, there was that one time Trump endorsed single-payer, there'd be some chaos.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: July 19, 2017, 02:48:07 pm »

The worst case scenario for politics IMO is that factions stonewall or sabotage based on a grudge.

Like "Yes, what you presented is completely reasonable and is entirely within our party lines... But we are protesting the fact that we are losing so we will block it"

Well it probably isn't the only worst case scenario.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9288 on: July 19, 2017, 03:11:45 pm »

If Obama had proposed four free AR-15s for every man, woman, and child in the US, and a total ban on Abortion, Republicans would have opposed it.

If Trump had a stroke and proposed single-payer healthcare, would Democrats accept it? I certainly hope so, and I think so, but I know that a small number would also oppose it as well.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: July 19, 2017, 03:30:40 pm »

For Christ's sake, if there is one thing Trump never learned to do, it's take a loss. Senate Republicans to discuss reviving Obamacare repeal-and-replace plan

Have you been hearing about "uncertainty in the insurance markets" recently? THIS IS WHY.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: July 19, 2017, 04:49:59 pm »

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/19/537868543/florida-killings-radical-islam-and-the-far-right-under-one-roof

And people think their roommates awful when they eat their lunch or wont take out the trash.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: July 19, 2017, 05:00:37 pm »

Of course its Florida.

Also:
Since 9/11, there's been an ongoing discussion within the criminal justice community about how to best handle terrorism cases," Warren said. "Those cases are often best handled as criminal cases.
Been fucking saying it for years.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: July 19, 2017, 05:57:28 pm »

BROKE: STOP GIVING GUNS TO FOREIGN MILITANTS

WOKE: WE LOVE GIVING GUNS TO FOREIGN MILITANTS

I assume that's the failed program where we attempted to create our own CIA made 'moderate muslim' faction?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: July 19, 2017, 06:30:08 pm »

Yes.  The ones that promptly turned around and took their new weapons and training to AQ and AN
Shoes...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: July 19, 2017, 06:51:23 pm »

Trump:
Mr. Trump complained that Mr. Sessions’s decision ultimately led to the appointment of a special counsel that should not have happened. “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: July 19, 2017, 06:52:56 pm »

Can someone interpret what Sheb's post means?

I don't understand the implication.

Is Trump complaining that Mr. Session's attempt at manipulation has prevented Trump's attempt at manipulation?

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: July 19, 2017, 07:16:02 pm »

McCain has brain cancer.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: July 19, 2017, 07:16:27 pm »

McCain has brain cancer.