Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245841 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: post-G20 Trump stuff
« Reply #8970 on: July 09, 2017, 04:31:26 pm »

Secretary of State Tillerson says that the US will have 'dialogue' with Russia to prevent future election meddling. (extremely sarcastically and skeptically) Riiiiiiiiiiiiihgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhtttttt..... :extreme rolleyes:

A first step would be for them to stop attacking our cyberinfrastructure stuff and also stop trying to meddle in other peoples elections. Russia has to make the majority of the moves, not the US.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: July 09, 2017, 04:34:11 pm »

The Volkskrant cartoon on the US - Russian cybercrime cooperation that Trump agreed with Putin:
http://www.volkskrant.nl/foto/bas-van-der-schot~p4368443/4545038/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: July 09, 2017, 04:35:50 pm »

(@smjjames: I think you did what I started to do. Prepare to ETA to prevent double-posting, then discover (me before I ETAed) that someone had snuck in-between original edit and new...  ;) And now another... )

I'm pretty sure someone has figured out a way to batter-dip coca-cola and deep fry it by now, never underestimate Wisconsin,
Texas

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: July 09, 2017, 04:36:09 pm »

What the fuck is with Volkskrant's cartoonists? Sometimes the style is very high detail...this looks like it was drawn by a six year old, and not in a stylized way.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: July 09, 2017, 04:40:06 pm »

It's just words at this point, nothing has actually started yet.

Doing dialogue to set ground rules for cyberwarfare and what should/n't be allowed is certainly a good idea, but they have to first prove that they will abide by it, and there's no indication that Putin will actually do so.

What the fuck is with Volkskrant's cartoonists? Sometimes the style is very high detail...this looks like it was drawn by a six year old, and not in a stylized way.

Yeah, I wondered what was up with that as it seemed rather crude (in style, not the cartoon itself) for Volksrant. I just thought maybe different artist.

(@smjjames: I think you did what I started to do. Prepare to ETA to prevent double-posting, then discover (me before I ETAed) that someone had snuck in-between original edit and new...  ;) And now another... )

Yeah, I had edited it in, then noticed you posted, moved it to a new post.

As for the volksrant cartoon, it's the same artist as the fourth one down in the EU cartoons of the week for Politico EU. New cartoonist maybe?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:46:08 pm by smjjames »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: July 09, 2017, 04:45:39 pm »

Brazil certainly gets the snake. Cobras fumantes and all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: July 09, 2017, 05:20:06 pm »

Fairly normal for political cartoons, innit? Things whiplash back and forth depending on a bunch of junk, some of it simple incompetence/getting the kid to draw that day's/etc.

In any case, I can only assume their cartoonists are at least happy in one sense with the trump administration. Job security may be small comfort, but it's comfort.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: July 09, 2017, 05:21:44 pm »

Pretty interesting, substantial interview with Gen. Mattis

http://mihsislander.org/2017/06/full-transcript-james-mattis-interview/   
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: July 09, 2017, 05:27:17 pm »

Pretty interesting, substantial interview with Gen. Mattis

http://mihsislander.org/2017/06/full-transcript-james-mattis-interview/   

Their formatting is kind of odd with Mattis's name being inserted often a paragraph into a block of text.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: July 09, 2017, 05:52:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure someone has figured out a way to batter-dip coca-cola and deep fry it by now, never underestimate Wisconsin,
Texas
Hah, suck it Wisconsin!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: July 09, 2017, 06:00:33 pm »

But I do maintain that German politics seems intent upon going full Imperium someday, it just has to be insulated by being able to blame "Europe" instead of Germany.
Go buy some plane tickets, and I'll let you crash at my place for a while so you can actually see the place, get a feel for it. Literally everybody here would laugh in your face for that statement, from the far right to the far left.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: July 09, 2017, 06:03:35 pm »

Sleepover at Helgoland-landia?

Sleepover at Helgoland-landia.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: July 09, 2017, 06:06:17 pm »

I got one sofa. The rest of you either need willingness to sleep in the kitchen or boobs and low standards.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: July 09, 2017, 06:07:46 pm »

But I do maintain that German politics seems intent upon going full Imperium someday, it just has to be insulated by being able to blame "Europe" instead of Germany.
Go buy some plane tickets, and I'll let you crash at my place for a while so you can actually see the place, get a feel for it. Literally everybody here would laugh in your face for that statement, from the far right to the far left.
I don't think you all realize it yourselves, really. Germany has shown an aptitude for realpolitik, which I suppose is appropriate for the term. A total disregard for ideology can be just as dangerous as fanaticism. Call it a risk factor.

While your linoleum can't possibly be worse than a Red Roof Inn, I'll have to decline. Travel is muey expensive for East Asia, let alone Europe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8984 on: July 09, 2017, 06:14:58 pm »

The truly ambitious hide their ambitions well - Put another way, Germany is not the vanguard of the 4th European attempt to attain world hegemony out of humility.
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 3569