Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4250974 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8850 on: July 05, 2017, 06:20:17 pm »

Well you know those people who go out and check to see if someone is polluting?

We got less of those.
good point. if this trend continues i might have to buy some targets instead of shooting feds who won't get off my property.

i'm honestly not worried about the environment though. the upcoming civil war will do more damage than any normal polluters. isn't it exciting?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: July 05, 2017, 06:21:34 pm »

Well you know those people who go out and check to see if someone is polluting?

We got less of those.
good point. if this trend continues i might have to buy some targets instead of shooting feds who won't get off my property.

i'm honestly not worried about the environment though. the upcoming civil war will do more damage than any normal polluters. isn't it exciting?

And that would IMMEDIATELY make Donald Trump the worst president the USA ever had, had that happened.

Nuclear War and Civil War.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: July 05, 2017, 06:26:02 pm »

Has there been a worse President than Trump?

I mean arguably George Bush Sr... But then again wholesale slaughter of innocents...
gotta be andrew johnson.

i mean despite all the worries about him being a shitty president...trump has actually done very little.

That depends on which historian you're asking, though Buchanan, Harding, Johnson, and Pierce are pretty consistently in the bottom 5, often bottom 3.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: July 05, 2017, 06:40:48 pm »

Chicago high school will require students to have college-acceptance or job offer before allowing them to graduate.
victim blaming at it's finest.

cuz it's totally the MILLENIALS fault when you can't find a job right out of high school
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: July 05, 2017, 07:01:56 pm »

Chicago high school will require students to have college-acceptance or job offer before allowing them to graduate.
victim blaming at it's finest.

cuz it's totally the MILLENIALS fault when you can't find a job right out of high school

What you don't have 5 years work experience as a high school graduate?

This entry level job calls for at least 10 years, after all.  And 5 years for that software that was released in 2014.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: July 05, 2017, 07:11:08 pm »

For all the things that Herr Trump is doing that is VERY VERY WRONG, his efforts at closing of the H1B visa loophole allowing employers to pull this shit so they can hire cheaper immigrant workers are a plus.

A lot of the things they want 10yrs experience and a bachelor degree for, a fresh highschool student can probably do, quite honestly. At least where technology jobs are concerned.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: July 05, 2017, 07:36:33 pm »

I mean arguably George Bush Sr... But then again wholesale slaughter of innocents...
gotta be andrew johnson.

i mean despite all the worries about him being a shitty president...trump has actually done very little.

That depends on which historian you're asking, though Buchanan, Harding, Johnson, and Pierce are pretty consistently in the bottom 5, often bottom 3.
How is that hateful fucking piece of zombie garbage Reagan not at the bottom of the list?

Reaganomics, Austerity bullshit with Thatcher, massively expanding military spending to barely accelerate the collapse of the USSR, trickle down, and sealing in the trajectory of republican politics that allowed shit like Dubya looking so much better in hindsight due to Trump.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: July 05, 2017, 07:41:55 pm »

gotta be andrew johnson.

How is that hateful fucking piece of zombie garbage Reagan not at the bottom of the list?

Reaganomics, Austerity bullshit with Thatcher, massively expanding military spending to barely accelerate the collapse of the USSR, trickle down, and sealing in the trajectory of republican politics that allowed shit like Dubya looking so much better in hindsight due to Trump.
lol. maybe because...he actually wasn't a terrible president?
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: July 05, 2017, 07:50:12 pm »

Trickle down, massive expansion of military budget, scapegoating the poor and homeless, fuck education, fuck anyone who wants to smoke a joint and relax, fuck anyone who isn't rich and (preferably) white, fuck anyone who doesn't think everything benefits from capitalist ideas, yeah, great guy.

How old are you, do you remember this guy first hand?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: July 05, 2017, 07:52:07 pm »

gotta be andrew johnson.

Again, it depends on who you ask.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: July 05, 2017, 08:02:13 pm »

I'm angry that there are people who aren't in the highest tax brackets who support him, happily going along with that shit, the whole idea of "temporarily not a millionaire/billionaire" shit that was popularized by Reagan and his era, which had roots set down by Nixon, and is responsible for all sorts of fucked up shit today. Our fucked up for-profit healthcare, our efforts to strip back welfare programs, education defunding, all that bullshit which has been proven over decades now to not work, that came out of that zombie cyborg motherfucker's mouth, but there are people who still support it?

FUCK!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: July 05, 2017, 08:06:14 pm »

Trickle down,
voodoo economics is way too controversial for me to even touch on whether it works or not.
massive expansion of military budget,
eh. from a defense standpoint, I'm not sure whether this is a valid point. it's not like he was pouring money down the drain: a shitload of reagan-era gear is still in use. plus, y'know, cold war.
scapegoating the poor and homeless,
ooh boy. this is welfare reform, right? i will admit that i'm not from a background that gives me much experience to talk about here, but i've always been of the opinion that government welfare shouldn't exist at all. really, i'm not in a great spot to talk.

then again, i'm also of the opinion that government shouldn't exist.

fuck education, fuck anyone who wants to smoke a joint and relax, fuck anyone who isn't rich and (preferably) white,
tbf fuck the dept. of education. federal education stuff always sounds great in theory, but i've never seen it work.

i dunno man, without druggies who would work in the fields? the war on drugs was and is shitty, sure, but reagan didn't actually say "i know, why don't we lock up all the hippies and blacks?" it was a long time coming.

finally: that last point has been american politics for literally 200+ years.

fuck anyone who doesn't think everything benefits from capitalist ideas,
helicopter rides man.

I'm not saying Reagan was perfect; he definitely made a shitload of mistakes, and had a shitload of bad ideas. But, being 100% serious here, he definitely was not one of the worst presidents in history. Being the paranoid shithead I am, I love anything that reduces the role of government. Literally anything. Defunding education, and moving away from it federally, might seem shitty to you guys: but I don't want the feds meddling in my schools. Cutting taxes? Cutting the IRS? Hell yes. He's not perfect; I like him too much just as a dude to say he's not great, but I fully understand that someone else might think he's shit, but he's definitely not the worst president ever.

oh hey ninja.

yeah you guys finally tricked me into revealing my real political beliefs, that is, "fuck the US government." #firstworldanarchy
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: July 05, 2017, 08:26:06 pm »

Trickle down,
voodoo economics is way too controversial for me to even touch on whether it works or not.
That's a fine sidestep but it pretty clearly hasn't worked at this point, there's no chance that tomorrow all the trickles are finally gonna make it down here to the poorer ends of society.
massive expansion of military budget,
eh. from a defense standpoint, I'm not sure whether this is a valid point. it's not like he was pouring money down the drain: a shitload of reagan-era gear is still in use. plus, y'know, cold war.
We have far more hardware than we needed then, than we need now, than we can really use outside of just waging war on a vague nebulous concept like "drugs" or "terrorism" oh shi-
scapegoating the poor and homeless,
ooh boy. this is welfare reform, right? i will admit that i'm not from a background that gives me much experience to talk about here, but i've always been of the opinion that government welfare shouldn't exist at all. really, i'm not in a great spot to talk.

then again, i'm also of the opinion that government shouldn't exist.
So you're a better off anarchist then?

Well, as a naive1 anarchist I can say this much: being poor is shit. Reducing government fucks over the poor long before anyone else is harmed by it, and reducing welfare is an even more extreme version of this. It doesn't work at achieving any goals beyond "fuck the poor" and in the long term it reduces the living quality of everyone. Without a government safety net we wouldn't have a middle class.
fuck education, fuck anyone who wants to smoke a joint and relax, fuck anyone who isn't rich and (preferably) white,
tbf fuck the dept. of education. federal education stuff always sounds great in theory, but i've never seen it work.

i dunno man, without druggies who would work in the fields? the war on drugs was and is shitty, sure, but reagan didn't actually say "i know, why don't we lock up all the hippies and blacks?" it was a long time coming.

finally: that last point has been american politics for literally 200+ years.
Reagan more explicitly stated "fuck the poor and druggies, fuck the brown people too, buncha welfare queens sucking off the teat of hardworking americans like you" than ever had been done before.

Without government education what are we left with, for profit schools? Yeah, that'll work out well.
fuck anyone who doesn't think everything benefits from capitalist ideas,
helicopter rides man.

I'm not saying Reagan was perfect; he definitely made a shitload of mistakes, and had a shitload of bad ideas. But, being 100% serious here, he definitely was not one of the worst presidents in history. Being the paranoid shithead I am, I love anything that reduces the role of government. Literally anything. Defunding education, and moving away from it federally, might seem shitty to you guys: but I don't want the feds meddling in my schools. Cutting taxes? Cutting the IRS? Hell yes. He's not perfect; I like him too much just as a dude to say he's not great, but I fully understand that someone else might think he's shit, but he's definitely not the worst president ever.

oh hey ninja.

yeah you guys finally tricked me into revealing my real political beliefs, that is, "fuck the US government." #firstworldanarchy
Those beliefs are absurd to anyone who isn't like a naive teenager or reading this while sitting back in a $3000 chair on priceless rosewood floors in a multi-million dollar house on MV or some shit.

I'm paranoid too, I've got uBlock AND uMatrix, one or the other works fine, but both lets me exert an unnecessary level of control over what websites are allowed to do with my browser, and that makes me happy.

Reducing the influence of a system which is accountable to the people--even if it is only in theory--doesn't mean it will go away, it just means it can and will be replaced by other systems, ones which there is no guarantee will be accountable to you or anyone in particular. Eliminating government funded programs over the last few decades has led to them generally being replaced by ones run like businesses, you think it sucks being paranoid about "big brother" watching over you? The only thing keeping all the little brothers from stepping into that role is google sitting there waiting in line behind big brother to move in to that position first.

You cut out the safeguards there and you can hope google is benevolent but successful because otherwise you wind up with comcast controlling your information and by extension most of your life... whoops, service interruption!

1Naive as in "if men were angels, this be heaven" anarchist.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: July 05, 2017, 08:44:29 pm »

gotta be andrew johnson.

Reagan isn't really history at this point.  Plenty of historians are old enough to personally remember his term.  And the really secret documents haven't been declassified yet.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: July 05, 2017, 08:48:43 pm »

Oh lord, there's a chance that we could learn he was worse than I think... great.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 3569