Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4256175 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8655 on: June 30, 2017, 06:27:42 am »

I love the idea of Ayn Rand suffering in fire and confinement eternally, headcannon-head-canon accepted!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8656 on: June 30, 2017, 11:39:51 am »

What is that old saying? You need a Liberal Heart and a Conservative Mind?

That must be a really old saying.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: June 30, 2017, 11:45:39 am »

With a conservative mind, you can carfeully ration a liberal heart to last you up to a whole week!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:53:31 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: June 30, 2017, 03:27:54 pm »

The republicans long ago discarded any sort of factual grounding to their positions when they realized they were starting to contradict them.

Anyway i did the thing where i made the mistake of looking a a comments section. half those people need to be purged so we can go back to pre trump comments sections. they are pure cancer now.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8659 on: June 30, 2017, 03:33:22 pm »

God damn I want an updated LCS.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: June 30, 2017, 03:50:21 pm »

The republicans long ago discarded any sort of factual grounding to their positions when they realized they were starting to contradict them.

Anyway i did the thing where i made the mistake of looking a a comments section. half those people need to be purged so we can go back to pre trump comments sections. they are pure cancer now.
Pretty sure they were cancer long before now. What do you get when you have a rabid coyote eat tumors and barf them back up to get eaten by cockroaches which get eaten by a cancer ridden dingo that craps out the cancerbarfbugs before trying to eat it and choking to death?

Let that corpse sit in the trunk of a 1983 Camaro for two weeks under summertime New Mexico sun and dunk your head in the goop left over and you'll still be better off than if you had read the comments on a youtube video.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: June 30, 2017, 03:58:02 pm »

I still do this most days, and I agree.  Kind of like how people are saying that Trump's latest victims deserved his Twitter rant and how they'd gladly vote for Trump all over again just to see him make liberals cry.  Also, sprinkle in things about how Trump has accomplished more already than Obama ever did, and the odd comment about Hillary and Soros.

Or, to put it in Fox News Comment Mode:

"All of you LIBTARD snoflakes (sic) need to stop crying and GET A JOB!  Obarry and his demorats have been RUINING our country for 8 years!  GO TRUMP!!!"

Bonus points for each of the following in a comment:

1. All caps words.
2. Exclamation points.
3. Excessive use of ellipses.
4. References to snowflakes.
5. Talking about Obama in an article unrelated to him.
6. Call Obama Obarry, Odumbo, Ochimpy or some other variant thereof.
7. Calling Democrats demorats, democraps, demoncrats etc, or calling liberals libtards.
8. Talking about crying liberals.
9. Talking about liberals getting jobs.
10. Calling liberalism a mental disorder.
11. Pledging unending loyalty to Trump.
12. Making references to how Trump has done more than Obama, even if the article is unrelated to either of them.
13. Making references to how Trump is erasing Obama's legacy, even if the article is unrelated to either of them.

Brietbart is similar, but it's what you'd get if you took a Fox News comment section, distilled it a little (or a lot) and then somehow found 100x as many people to post in it.

Now, of course, Washington Post and New York Times are the opposite and you'll see jabs at Trump or blanket jabs at Republicans being nothing but bloodsucking vampires that live off of the sweat and tears of the oppressed poor, but at the very least their comment sections tend to be things like this:

"This has got to stop.  I've already contacted multiple senators' offices to bring up how our president shouldn't be insulting people like this over Twitter."

"The Republican healthcare bill is nothing but a tax break for the rich at the expense of the poor."

Instead of:

"Haha seeing liberrals cry brings a tear to my eye....... GO TRUMP 2020 MAGA........."

"Get out of here LIBTROLL and GET A JOB so you can BUY your own health insurance!  The government isn't supposed to make sure you take care of yourself!"
Through pain, I find wisdom.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: June 30, 2017, 05:40:47 pm »

You can tell a Real Conservative because They capitalize all Concepts as if they are Proper Nouns.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: June 30, 2017, 06:23:30 pm »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: June 30, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »

I was not making an LCS joke, I was making a, I don't know, Yahoo comment section joke.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: June 30, 2017, 06:28:47 pm »

Sorry, wasn't responding to you, just empty-quoting to indicate agreement.

I'd go on, but I'd rather not have people accuse me of hyperbole.  It's just that shit's bad and likely to get worse.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: June 30, 2017, 07:02:28 pm »

You can tell a Real Conservative because They capitalize all Concepts as if they are Proper Nouns.

I thought that was a sign of a burgeoning fan fix writer.

Fun unrelated fact: "Fan" is one of the Swedish names for Satan.
Love, scriver~

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: June 30, 2017, 11:44:36 pm »

Yes, right, you're all so much smarter than Republicans could ever hope to be. In some actual news:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/us/politics/us-china-sanctions-north-korea.html
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40456843

The administration has imposed some limited sanctions against China, aimed at a few financial firms and a shipping company. The sanctions are aimed at cutting off those targeted from US financial services and systems, with a stated goal of cutting off NK from money laundering services, and to pressure Chinese companies who will (hopefully) pressure the government in turn.
“The Department of the Treasury is committed to protecting the U.S. financial system from North Korean abuse and maximizing pressure on the government of North Korea until it abandons its nuclear and ballistic missile programs,” [Treasury Secretary] Mnuchin said. “While we will continue to seek international cooperation on North Korea, the United States is sending an emphatic message across the globe that we will not hesitate to take action against persons, companies and financial institutions who enable this regime.”

It's unlikely that the average person in either country will be affected by these, unless they lead to more action by either side, but China is unsurprisingly upset. Trump, somewhat hilariously, said "While I greatly appreciate the efforts of President Xi & China to help with North Korea, it has not worked out. At least I know China tried!”
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: July 01, 2017, 05:44:39 am »

I just realized the USA has only had Trump for 5 months...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: July 01, 2017, 06:02:33 am »

I just realized Trump has only had the USA for 5 months...
FTFY
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 3570