Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4258231 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8625 on: June 29, 2017, 10:30:44 am »

But Leviticus said gays are all terrible and should be killed because they're terrible. All of them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: June 29, 2017, 10:31:37 am »

But Leviticus said gays are all terrible and should be killed because they're terrible. All of them.

That is a lie! and even if that was true that has nothing to do with cakes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: June 29, 2017, 10:35:11 am »

The real question - should it be illegal for restaurants to secretly serve Christians shrimp?  Hmmm
(Having a shellfish allergy, I vote yes)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: June 29, 2017, 10:42:32 am »

freedom of association.

kdone.

although tbf if I were a baker I'd just put up a "we reserve the right" sign and deny everyone for stupid reasons.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: June 29, 2017, 10:44:15 am »

That's a decent question: Should a Jewish fishmonger have the right to refuse to sell shrimp to his fellow Jews?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: June 29, 2017, 10:48:57 am »

freedom of association.

kdone.

although tbf if I were a baker I'd just put up a "we reserve the right" sign and deny everyone for stupid reasons.

If he did that I don't think anyone would have a problem.

He's refusing service 'cause he disapproves of where people like to put their genitals, though, which is patently ridiculous. He's got a right to do that, sure, but everyone else has the right to tell him he's a cliche for doing it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: June 29, 2017, 10:56:16 am »

freedom of association.

kdone.

He's refusing service 'cause he disapproves of where people like to put their genitals, though, which is patently ridiculous. He's got a right to do that, sure, but everyone else has the right to tell him he's a cliche for doing it.

Doing a quick search, it seems like currently this is a state by state thing. Some states don't have discrimination laws that would get people in trouble for refusing service under those circumstances, some do. If SCOTUS rules though, that'd make it nation wide.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: June 29, 2017, 11:14:00 am »

If I were the baker I'd have a backup baker OR have someone I can transfer or recommend.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: June 29, 2017, 01:33:23 pm »

I don't know that there's an easy, one-size-fits-all approach here. Anti-discrimination laws apply to privately owned spaces of public accommodation, such as stores, restaurants, hotels, banks, etc. Those places cannot refuse access to someone based on that person belonging to a protected class, including age, race, sex, disability, and so on. Sexual preference is not a protected class, at least on a federal level as concerns anti-discrimination laws.

It is still permissible for a business to refuse service to a member of a certain group; it just has to be for a reason unrelated to that person's membership in that group. Non-profit organizations also get some exemptions, and as far as I can tell the laws don't apply to clubs and other organizations, which is why the BSA can restrict its membership to just boys (ignoring Venturing).
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: June 29, 2017, 02:35:59 pm »

Trump's latests Tweets, in which he reminisces on the time back when he refused Mika Brzezinski, talkshow host for the program 'Morning Joe' on MSNBC, to accompany him to Mar-a-Lago on New Years Eve, because "she was bleeding badly from a facelift", and in which he calls her 'low-IQ Crazy Mika', and her fellow host Joe Scarborough 'Psycho Joe', have incurred the wrath of his fellow Republicans.

Many Republican senators, members of the House of Representatives, and Paul Ryan reacted by saying / Tweeting that his behaviour is not normal, unpresidential, and represents everything that's wrong with US politics, urging him to stop.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/trump-onder-vuur-binnen-eigen-partij-na-twittertirade-tegen-tv-presentatrice~a4503521/
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/business/media/trump-mika-brzezinski-facelift.html
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: June 29, 2017, 02:46:19 pm »

I bet this is actually 4D chess and he's trying to distract us from the healthcare bill.

/sarcasm
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: June 29, 2017, 02:59:07 pm »

i got it.

it makes so much sense now.

trump is trying to show how utterly spineless the republican leadership is in refusing to seriously stand up to them, so they'll lose re-election in the midterms.

8d Go.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: June 29, 2017, 03:01:43 pm »

I did remember seeing a comment I liked that the only way Trump could actually save America is to turn around one day and say "what the hell is wrong with you people, why did you buy my crazy act and elect me", thereby starkly breaking the malignant apathy towards politics.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: June 29, 2017, 03:30:09 pm »

I wonder what exactly was said on the show, just out of curiosity.

BTW, it was supposed to be a big policy day, but then, you know....

Also, the US is set to crash into debt limit and cash limit wall in early-mid October. Congress has barely started work on dealing with this stuff. I don't have a whole lot of confidence that Congress will be able to avoid it, though they really, really, don't want to go default. And then there's ever mercurial Trump.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: June 29, 2017, 04:34:45 pm »

freedom of association.

kdone.

Not in Colorado, he doesn't.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 3570