Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4258910 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8490 on: June 26, 2017, 06:38:00 pm »

Edit: I am curious with you Canukistanians police/mountie force. If a police officer or a Mountie shoots a minority person, possibly fatally, do they lose their job/career?

FIFY to what I know you are actually asking.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: June 26, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »

To the Hat of America, You are making Trump actually look better.

No seriously, the Government in Canada has gone around the bend and now is flirting with the same roads as Germany in the 1930's. Ban on certain speech is a SERIOUS issue that even the Supreme Court in America had put it as an easy way to manipulating the ban of hate speech to silent who ever you want.

Edit: I am curious with you Canukistanians police/mountie force. If a police officer or a Mountie had committed a certain number of crimes do they loose their job/career?

I'll be honest, guy sounds like an asshole, but I agree that sounds worrying. I will say that this guy sounds like the type to be an instigator and cause trouble with authorities just to attract attention. I also did a small bit of searching and can't find any reputable source for the info and at least one that said no charges were actually filed and that he was returned to the US. (Unclear if that was connected to the arrest, but either way he was on his way back into the US coming FROM Canada.) Real question is if anything actually occurred from this whole thing other than a seemingly minor delay at the airport. Is he allowed back in Canada?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: June 26, 2017, 06:42:34 pm »

No seriously, the Government in Canada has gone around the bend and now is flirting with the same roads as Germany in the 1930's. Ban on certain speech is a SERIOUS issue that even the Supreme Court in America had put it as an easy way to manipulating the ban of hate speech to silent who ever you want.

Edit: I am curious with you Canukistanians police/mountie force. If a police officer or a Mountie had committed a certain number of crimes do they loose their job/career?

I'm calling bullshit. The only source for his arrest is apparently text messages he sent to his friends. The article linked tells how his group was denied a special event permit by the city and decided to stage a march instead. The march happened and no one was arrested.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: June 26, 2017, 06:47:19 pm »

I'll be honest, guy sounds like an asshole, but I agree that sounds worrying. I will say that this guy sounds like the type to be an instigator and cause trouble with authorities just to attract attention. I also did a small bit of searching and can't find any reputable source for the info and at least one that said no charges were actually filed and that he was returned to the US. (Unclear if that was connected to the arrest, but either way he was on his way back into the US coming FROM Canada.) Real question is if anything actually occurred from this whole thing other than a seemingly minor delay at the airport. Is he allowed back in Canada?

And it seems to be that the reason for his arrest is the reason given by the guy himself, not from authorities. edit: ninja'd, but yeah, the reason is from a source that isn't neccesarily reliable.

That article (which is barely even an article) doesn't give a whole lot of detail, the story it links to gives way more background.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: June 26, 2017, 07:02:44 pm »

Okay, so...we don't even know what the guy was arrested for?

canada what the fuck are you doing.

If you're going to arrest someone who's going to be speaking at a public march...maybe...give a reason?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: June 26, 2017, 07:21:01 pm »

I'm calling bullshit. The only source for his arrest is apparently text messages he sent to his friends. The article linked tells how his group was denied a special event permit by the city and decided to stage a march instead. The march happened and no one was arrested.
By the way, do a google search for the link. Second link is /pol/, exactly as expected, just like every other one of Squatch's posts here. Some folks are just easily taken in by utter nonsense invented by the alt-right to get attention.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: June 26, 2017, 07:24:46 pm »

It sounds like this dude just acted like an asshole, and then exaggerated what happened when he left to make him look like a victim and generally act like an even bigger shitbag.

Given that there are no official sources of his 'arrest' and the only source of 'getting arrested' is the 'arrestee' himself, that sounds like a pretty accurate description of what most likely actually happened.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: June 26, 2017, 07:31:17 pm »

We don't even know that he was arrested.

Honestly, I've not heard anything like this coming from Canada, and I imagine there would be a whole hell of a lot more press on the matter if it happened before. It sounds like this dude just acted like an asshole, and then exaggerated what happened when he left to make him look like a victim and generally act like an even bigger shitbag.

The banner at the top reads "who are my sources? YOU are!"

Really.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: June 26, 2017, 07:31:40 pm »

I'm perfectly willing to eat my words if it turns out he wasn't being arrested and is just making a scene to get his name out there, but I sorta feel that he's actually been arrested. Again, the fuck Canada? You should probably say something about this so people don't, y'know, think he's being arrested for smuggling hate speech.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: June 26, 2017, 07:42:06 pm »

They should also say something about how Toronto isn't all a front to cover up a unicorn breeding operation, so people don't, y'know, think Toronto is a secret front for a unicorn breeding operation.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: June 26, 2017, 07:50:49 pm »

I'm perfectly willing to eat my words if it turns out he wasn't being arrested and is just making a scene to get his name out there, but I sorta feel that he's actually been arrested. Again, the fuck Canada? You should probably say something about this so people don't, y'know, think he's being arrested for smuggling hate speech.
I imagine they probably won't respond because they aren't even aware that some dude is claiming that he was arrested over trying to smuggle hate speech. This isn't exactly something that's making the news.

Which, of course, is the entire point. Make claims about alt-right "repression", and point to the lack of a response as evidence in your favor when in reality the other side doesn't even know what cockamamie bullshit you came up with this time. The lack of a response does not give this fuckwit's claims legitimacy- it means that no one involved besides this guy is even aware of the claims in the first place.

Yeah... he was apparently a Tea Party spokesman. I try not to profile, but they lost any respectable goal pretty quickly and got way into fake conspiracy milling. This feels like this guy is trying to get social media attention for something that didn't happen.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: June 26, 2017, 07:54:04 pm »

I imagine they probably won't respond because they aren't even aware that some dude is claiming that he was arrested over trying to smuggle hate speech. This isn't exactly something that's making the news.

Which, of course, is the entire point. Make claims about alt-right "repression", and point to the lack of a response as evidence in your favor when in reality the other side doesn't even know what cockamamie bullshit you came up with this time. The lack of a response does not give this fuckwit's claims legitimacy- it means that no one involved besides this guy is even aware of the claims in the first place.

And they certainly aren't going to, and can't, respond to every troll that tries to make a scene in the news.

Seems like Medium is more of a blog than an actual news site.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: June 26, 2017, 10:35:18 pm »

except you know all of the people eating this shit up.

i mean i'm the only evul alt-righter (can we just agree that's a stupid fucking term and drop it anyway) here, but it still popped up in the discussion without me, so clearly /somebody/ knows about it.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: June 26, 2017, 10:43:52 pm »

Yes. /pol/, where said other person got it from.
it's almost like /pol/ is a website with a notable following, and there should be an effort to counter its conspiracy theories.

er sorry wait: "fucking nerds"

ah that's better/
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: June 26, 2017, 10:49:46 pm »

What do you want to use in place of alt-righter? extreme rightwing? Though I suppose it is an overused term for far-right and tends to encompass a broad swath.

Yes. /pol/, where said other person got it from.
it's almost like /pol/ is a website with a notable following, and there should be an effort to counter its conspiracy theories.

er sorry wait: "fucking nerds"

ah that's better/

lol

Anyways, in Trump-MidEast related stuff, US spysats (or whatever) have spotted potential preparations for another chemical attack and the WH is warning Assad not to do it. Basically, the WH is saying "I see what you're doing!" and drawing a strong red line, lets see how well that is kept.

It could also be a somewhat dangerous move, what with the tensions increasing between the US and Russia in the region.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:53:52 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 3570