Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4258919 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8475 on: June 26, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »

yay

Wonderful. As if it wasn't already hard enough for a refugee to gain access to the US.
that is sort of the point yes.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: June 26, 2017, 02:20:24 pm »

More selected bits of fun from our shitbags in D.C. naturally.

Can't wait to see what the CBO says, supposed to be released this afternoon sometime.

Also, ironically, the GOP healthcare bill hits their consistuency the hardest.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: June 26, 2017, 03:36:53 pm »

notice how the increase in seniors costs come in 2019, almost as if they are trying to avoid something...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: June 26, 2017, 03:52:42 pm »

notice how the increase in seniors costs come in 2019, almost as if they are trying to avoid something...

Could still bite them in the ass in 2020 regardless.

Anyhow, there's a new CBO out, and it reduces the deficit by 320 bil over 10 years but still make 22 million people lose insurance or be uninsured. Also, preminums, one of the major complaints about healthcare, are going to be higher under the Senate version.

CNN article with the CBO document

What would be awesome is some sort of live CBO score as they're tweaking around the healthcare bill, but that'd require a pretty sophisticated program and probably a computer database to do that. Congress should just spend at least a year discussing and tweaking it before putting it to a vote.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:56:47 pm by smjjames »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: June 26, 2017, 03:58:59 pm »

At ~15k people screwed per billion saved, I imagine that's math Republicans will find they can live with, along with the orgy of giveaways to insurance companies and state governments to ramp up profits by cutting costs on those pesky minimum QoL rules.

I wonder what's going to happen with the Health Insurance Mandate? Because fucking everyone out of affordable healthcare then taxing them because of it sounds like exactly the kind of dystopian bullshit I was bracing for with this guy.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:11:34 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: June 26, 2017, 04:07:36 pm »

yeah i think i can live with those numbers tbh.

thank god i'm rich.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: June 26, 2017, 05:17:25 pm »

At ~15k people screwed per billion saved, I imagine that's math Republicans will find they can live with, along with the orgy of giveaways to insurance companies and state governments to ramp up profits by cutting costs on those pesky minimum QoL rules.

I wonder what's going to happen with the Health Insurance Mandate? Because fucking everyone out of affordable healthcare then taxing them because of it sounds like exactly the kind of dystopian bullshit I was bracing for with this guy.
I can't follow that math... is that per year or in 10 years?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: June 26, 2017, 05:49:02 pm »

yeah i think i can live with those numbers tbh.

thank god i'm rich.

I genuinely pity you, if that isn't asinine sarcasm. Also, try using capitalization AND punctuation. It's free.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: June 26, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »

either way he's doing it wrong because asinine sarcasm should be marked by a lack of both capitalization and punctuation

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: June 26, 2017, 05:53:38 pm »

either way he's doing it wrong because asinine sarcasm should be marked by a lack of both capitalization and punctuation

I feel a certain picture of Fry from Futurama may be applicable just now...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: June 26, 2017, 05:54:05 pm »

Those numbers are the projection for 2026, by my understanding.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: June 26, 2017, 05:59:14 pm »

either way he's doing it wrong because asinine sarcasm should be marked by a lack of both capitalization and punctuation[ ]

I see what you did there.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: June 26, 2017, 05:59:24 pm »

That would be $1 billion saved over 10 years, so about $100 million per 15k a year, which means the ACA costs ~$6500 a year per person to have health care. Which... seems expensive...but I'm also relatively young and I know the elderly pay out the nose for insurance in the last few years before they can start sucking on the medicare teat. So on average, that might be a fair price for health care either way. I know my yearly cost isn't MUCH less than that. And my retired father was getting it something like 3x that though his former employer for the last couple of years.

Still far too much in any case, but that won't be fixed until health care cost regulation gets put on the table.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: June 26, 2017, 06:16:12 pm »

To the Hat of America, You are making Trump actually look better.

No seriously, the Government in Canada has gone around the bend and now is flirting with the same roads as Germany in the 1930's. Ban on certain speech is a SERIOUS issue that even the Supreme Court in America had put it as an easy way to manipulating the ban of hate speech to silent who ever you want.

Edit: I am curious with you Canukistanians police/mountie force. If a police officer or a Mountie had committed a certain number of crimes do they loose their job/career?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:17:57 pm by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: June 26, 2017, 06:33:10 pm »

that's stupid. if you don't use punctuation, then you're incorrect, and thats stupid.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 3570