Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 3571

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4261002 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8295 on: June 21, 2017, 08:07:06 am »

I mean it is related. They don't want to talk about it, so they force everyone else not to as well.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: June 21, 2017, 08:15:49 am »

why is this still going on in this thread

this has less than fuck all to do with american politics almost always, and none of you seem to have brought up an exception actually relevant to the present and if you did you're damn sure not actually talking about it

you're all very pretty, but please take this to some other thread

jerks made me think something interesting had happened while I was asleep, but nooooo, no morning events of interest for frumple to make up for being awake at five in the goddamn morning *shakes fist*

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: June 21, 2017, 08:18:10 am »

Trump! PLEASE do something stupid so we can get this topic back on track!

UGH! I might as well be wishing for a miracle for all the chance that Trump will do something stupid... that man is a genius and knows when to keep his mouth shut.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: June 21, 2017, 08:47:48 am »

UGH! I might as well be wishing for a miracle for all the chance that Trump will do something stupid... that man is a genius and knows when to keep his mouth shut.
Does his Twitter count?
Democrats would do much better as a party if they got together with Republicans on Healthcare,Tax Cuts,Security. Obstruction doesn't work!
._.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: June 21, 2017, 10:01:20 am »

Well very few people want to talk about difficult subjects.

People might love Shindler's List (except spelled correctly), but few people would marathon holocaust movies. 

son, we need to talk about your spelling problem
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: June 21, 2017, 10:04:26 am »

Does his Twitter count?
Democrats would do much better as a party if they got together with Republicans on Healthcare,Tax Cuts,Security. Obstruction doesn't work!

If we've learned anything from the last administration, it's that obstruction is pretty much the only thing that works in our government. The majority party has to have more than an absolute majority in both houses and a President in the White House to get anything substantial done.

The Senate is apparently planning to unveil their version of "AHCA 2: This Time, it's Impersonal" tomorrow. As in, they're going to bring it to the floor for as short a debate as they can get away with, and then it will go to a vote. Note that no-one who isn't actually writing the thing has caught so much as a glimpse of the thing yet. I'd love to read it and break it down like I was able to do with the House version, but at this rate it's going to be impossible to even see the bill before it goes back to the House.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: June 21, 2017, 12:38:05 pm »

It's not even AHCA 2, it's AHCA 3. We've had:

AHCA Mk. I ("Trumpcare Classic", stalled before a vote.)

AHCA Mk. II ("Trumpcare Undead", passed by the House, Senate declined to vote.)

AHCA Mk. III ("Trumpcare Nemesis", shrouded in the shadows of McConnell.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: June 21, 2017, 12:40:46 pm »

Can only think of Nemesis from Re:3 stomping about growling about politics and healthcare reform and offering pamphlets to pedestrians.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: June 21, 2017, 12:44:43 pm »

Can only think of Nemesis from Re:3 stomping about growling about politics and healthcare reform and offering pamphlets to pedestrians.
"M.E.D.I.C.A.I.D..."
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8304 on: June 21, 2017, 12:54:15 pm »

Spoiler: SJW Derail (click to show/hide)

Back to actual politics, god damn Democrats couldn't get the vote out if there was a bootfull of votes with the instructions written on the heel.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: June 21, 2017, 01:19:01 pm »

I'm saying that your hated SJWs aren't anything to do with Democrats, democrats, or liberals, other than falling under that banner.

... which is why I never mentioned the Democrats at all, and only mentioned liberals specifically in response to when you mentioned them.

You basically said "if you hate liberals that much" but I had never mentioned liberals. I then basically said "well if you let douchebags define liberalism then that's not a liberalism I want any part of". But liberalism was your usage not mine.

And my main issue with the sjw campus crowd is that they're fucking up liberalism so we're never going to see anyone decent elected at this rate. You're starting to see stories where sjw's are turning on feminists and other liberals, atheists and the like, for not sticking to a specific orthodox doctrine. This is not a good thing for the left. If liberal politicians start pandering to the more extreme elements on the left then ... yeah some people might like that, but fuck ... good luck getting elected.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:31:51 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: June 21, 2017, 02:30:30 pm »

I think this happens to every movement/political party/belief system, and it happens in a cycle.

They get popular or get attention, people who don't actually believe in what the movement is about join up to justify or push their own agenda. Those people end up being what the public associates the group with, and it goes downhill. It happens to good organizations with real positive goals or ideals, and it sucks.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: June 21, 2017, 02:44:47 pm »

I remember a little while ago I saw an answer to the question: "has Trump done anything good, ever?"

We can now say with absolute certainty that there is no such thing as [insert government conspiracy which the president would be informed about] of any sort. No roswell aliens, no mind-control rays, no lizard people, no illuminati, no nazi moon base, no wtc demo team, no faked moon landing, no second gunman, and the same goes for any I missed there.

Trump being silent about this information means one of two things:

1. if it exists then it is somehow kept secret from the guy who has the final say in what is kept secret, which implies competence in the new administration, so ha ha ha, nope

or

2. it doesn't fucking exist

...otherwise he would have twatted about it already.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: June 21, 2017, 02:55:57 pm »

See, I can't quite buy that. Because if I were a competent person setting up defenses for an extreme state secret (defined as "a secret that would destroy society if unveiled"), the last thing I would do is leave it available to some schmuck I can't predict in the future. Instead, I'd ensure that it was an entirely self-contained deep state, and leave it up to the operating staff to decide upon new hires and on if any particular President should be informed.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: June 21, 2017, 03:06:54 pm »

I.e, Independence Day, where everyone BUT the president knew about Area 51.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 3571