Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 3572

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4263037 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #8100 on: June 16, 2017, 11:12:03 pm »

Here's a fun little thought experiment to work with.  Upon his election, Trump's personality undergoes a multi-month shift, finishing upon the inauguration, to the personality of Franklin D. Roosevelt or Theodore Roosevelt.  What actions might we have seen in the past few months to deal with the current geopolitical situations?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 11:14:38 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: June 16, 2017, 11:20:46 pm »

Here's a fun little thought experiment to work with.  Upon his election, Trump's personality undergoes a multi-month shift, finishing upon the inauguration, to the personality of Franklin D. Roosevelt or Theodore Roosevelt.  What actions might we have seen in the past few months to deal with the current geopolitical situations?
Or Trump grows a second Theodore Roosevelt head out of his neck, which gradually takes over, in a sort of Lovecraftian horror scenario.

That got me thinking, how would you be if an angry little Donald Trump face grew out of your neck? What would you do about it?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: June 16, 2017, 11:26:50 pm »

Well, a shotgun worked for ash, I think? Or a chainsaw? Don't quite remember. I'd probably try fire, I'unno. There's freeze methods, too, and if all else false it's off the cliff and in the sea. Whatever ends it the quickest.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: June 17, 2017, 01:36:22 am »

Or Trump grows a second Theodore Roosevelt head out of his neck, which gradually takes over, in a sort of Lovecraftian horror scenario.

That got me thinking, how would you be if an angry little Donald Trump face grew out of your neck? What would you do about it?

Black salve.  This is just to cause the unholy polyp extreme pain and displeasure as it slowly becomes chemically necrotized and burned off.  Once it is dead, I would seek PROPER treatment, and have the injury site properly scraped and cleaned, then sutured.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: June 17, 2017, 01:37:41 am »

I would dress up in a ridiculous getup with one of those plate facemasks, go on the local news, and proclaim that Trump faces are the infection brought down by our new alien overlords. D.Trump was the prototype, and he subverted your society beautifully.

Then put on a turtleneck sweater with ball gag attachment and fucking book it into the mountains. Ideally, they capture and study Trump without causing a nuclear war and I escape notice.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: June 17, 2017, 02:18:53 am »

I'd feed it celery and radishes, and reward it for telling jokes with neckflab skritches.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: June 17, 2017, 02:31:35 am »

You could always dress it up funny and call it Pustulio.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: June 17, 2017, 11:55:43 am »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: June 17, 2017, 12:10:49 pm »

I think he actually is making a good point though. It's crazy, but he might actually be semi-sane.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: June 17, 2017, 12:37:16 pm »

So what if you think he's a nut, the post makes a great deal of sense. Judge a story by its content, not by who wrote it.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: June 17, 2017, 12:46:52 pm »

Leaving aside the fact that I think he's a nut, I think that post is a classical "golden mean fallacy", and doesn't really add very much to the discussion.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: June 17, 2017, 12:49:04 pm »

So what if you think he's a nut, the post makes a great deal of sense. Judge a story by its content, not by who wrote it.
Eeehhh... often better to do both. Death of the author may be a thing to varying extents, but writer influences content, too. Think I've used the example before, but two folks, one a raccoon enthusiast and the other a white supremacist, each writing an article on raccoons can rather easily be writing very different things even if the words are by and large identical. Some stuff don't look loco until you realize the writer be loco and ain't usin' dem words like you thought they were, heh.

... not saying that's happening here, mind. Just saying that a story's content actually can change in nature depending on who's writing it. Often you can separate content entirely from author, but sometimes you kinda' can't.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: June 17, 2017, 02:48:49 pm »

Scott Adams with a surprisingly sane, well-centered blog post about gun control. And please don't be offended about the "democrats shoot people" line; he's not personally insulting you, he's just making a point.
You know, if he wanted me to leave the author out of this, he shouldn't have started by trying to increase his authority.  "That's my team"... ok friend.

Anyway, the post is a good example of why you shouldn't approach a complicated issue with misplaced confidence and a hammer.  Vaguely characterizing 95% of the nation in a couple paragraphs and then saying "gun control isn't perfect so we shouldn't have it" is not very convincing. Also... gun control is already different in cities and rural areas, Republican districts and Democrat districts.  We kinda already have the thing that he's asking for.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 3572