Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 3572

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4263874 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #7950 on: June 15, 2017, 08:23:35 pm »

... in other news, news seems to be saying the criminal investigation into trump has officially begun. Could be some fun times ahead.

Let's get back to discussing this scrumptious, juicy tidbit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: June 15, 2017, 08:25:42 pm »

Starver, come on, I said either drop it or move to the sexuality thread.
There were a dozen or so new posts by the time I'd finished composing my (rambling, but relatively thorough) treatment of the issue, and I didn't see your appeal properly until I got my way up to my own post again, at which point there were further messages preventing me from slipping it away out of sight without risking having been replied to... (Indeed, it took more than a minute and a half to get to the point where the above-quoted response already existed. Meaning even editing to "Nevermind" wasn't really practical without looking worse...)

i.e., cut me some slack on the timing, as it was an honest digression in an attempt to neatly tie up a loose end, not to create a derail of my own.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: June 15, 2017, 08:31:59 pm »

Starver, come on, I said either drop it or move to the sexuality thread.
There were a dozen or so new posts by the time I'd finished composing my (rambling, but relatively thorough) treatment of the issue, and I didn't see your appeal properly until I got my way up to my own post again, at which point there were further messages preventing me from slipping it away out of sight without risking having been replied to... (Indeed, it took more than a minute and a half to get to the point where the above-quoted response already existed. Meaning even editing to "Nevermind" wasn't really practical without looking worse...)

i.e., cut me some slack on the timing, as it was an honest digression in an attempt to neatly tie up a loose end, not to create a derail of my own.

Fair enough.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: June 15, 2017, 08:35:47 pm »

Dems are leading 11-2 in the Congressional baseball game.

guess that's what happens when your 2nd baseman gets a 7.62 in the hip.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:08 pm »

... in other news, news seems to be saying the criminal investigation into trump has officially begun. Could be some fun times ahead.

Let's get back to discussing this scrumptious, juicy tidbit.

Won't go anywhere.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: June 15, 2017, 08:44:20 pm »

Excuses excuses.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: June 15, 2017, 08:51:12 pm »

Excuses excuses.

The dems are usually the favorites, because when it's a bunch of out-of-touch, old politicians playing, one decent player is all it takes to win.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: June 16, 2017, 12:26:15 am »

Republicans are too busy complaining that illegal immigrants stole the bases.

Democrats, on the other hand, are just raring to whack some wrinkled white balls with a baseball bat.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: June 16, 2017, 12:33:28 am »

Lol RedKing XD

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: June 16, 2017, 01:15:11 am »

Trump rolled back a lot of the Cuba agreements that Obama made. There will be new travel restrictions for US citizens travelling to Cuba, and there will be a partial reinstatement of boycot.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: June 16, 2017, 01:23:01 am »

Said it before, and I'll say it again. The most severe damage Trump will do is diplomatically. Dumbfuck doesn't just fail to recognize the immense work, the years of discussions and relationships that go into agreements with other nations, but actively disdains that sort of thing and seems to just want to hearken back to Cold War machismo. Fuck the agreements with Cuba, fuck the agreements with Iran, fuck the agreements with Europe, on and on. Presidents of both parties going back to the 90s and earlier have put in years upon years of concurrent effort...and bitch tits here just walks in and knocks it all over so he can feel like he's reclaimed his glory days.

It's going to take literal decades to recover this ground if other countries aren't willing to snap back to pre-Orange relations.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: June 16, 2017, 01:24:36 am »

I can only hope there's shadow diplomacy, where all countries have agreed to just pretend to go along with Trump, and roll back every single thing he did the moment he leaves office.
I don't think Trump is a Russian plant though. I think he was planted by Hitler. He's old enough for that at least.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: June 16, 2017, 01:31:24 am »

cis

/sis/

adjective
Chemistry

adjective: cis

denoting or relating to a molecular structure in which two particular atoms or groups lie on the same side of a given plane in the molecule, in particular denoting an isomer in which substituents at opposite ends of a carbon–carbon double bond are on the same side of the bond.

This is the actual, accepted definition of cis, the other (very recent and clearly derogatory) usage in English is flatly incorrect.

Wow. You have... No idea what you're talking about, do you?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: June 16, 2017, 01:31:39 am »

Putin has offered political asylum to the exhead of the FBI.

I'm guessing it fits his role as 'international IRL troll'
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: June 16, 2017, 01:34:45 am »

Wow, that is pretty trollzy.

I didn't know the origin of the term either until Reelya constructively explained it:
Isn't Cis latin for trans(itioning)? Like cis-alpine? Not that I want to start a semantics argument here, heh. Or maybe an etymology argument.

Cis is latin for "on the same side of". Cisalpine Gaul was the Gallish territories south of the alps, e.g. on the same side as the Romans. Transalpine means "beyond the alps" / e.g. on the other side. One name for the gaul lands north of the alps was "Gallia Transalpina", to distinguish it from "Gallia Cisalpina":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisalpine_Gaul
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallia_Narbonensis

So cis and trans are actually opposites, and transgender / cisgender are grammatically correct for the exact same reason transalpine / cisalpine are grammatically correct.
I don't think NFO accepts that explanation, but that sure is a matter for the gender thread and not here
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 3572