Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 3572

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4265064 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #7860 on: June 14, 2017, 06:25:35 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting#Gabrielle_Giffords

Yes, I hope in the furor over this, people's memories aren't quite so short.

Yeah, I don't forget that one easily.  :-\
I was working that day, and CRC was offline for some technical reason, so I wound up getting the call from the Phoenix SSAC.
Had to make a lot of phone calls that day.
I remember you worked for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms right?  Was that why you had to make phone calls?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: June 14, 2017, 06:43:34 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting#Gabrielle_Giffords

Yes, I hope in the furor over this, people's memories aren't quite so short.

Yeah, I don't forget that one easily.  :-\
I was working that day, and CRC was offline for some technical reason, so I wound up getting the call from the Phoenix SSAC.
Had to make a lot of phone calls that day.
I remember you worked for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms right?  Was that why you had to make phone calls?
Yeah.

In a mass shooting or major explosion incident, it's normal for the geographic division to request an SRT (Special Response Team) to be dispatched. Kind of a mobile HQ with technical experts from different areas that are ready to go on a moment's notice. Typically, that sort of request is engaged through a group at headquarters in Washington DC. Because nobody could get through to them (phone and network were down for maintenance or upgrade or something, can't remember exactly), the senior agent for Phoenix was calling *me* and I was having to manually call up the SRT folks and fill them in. Also had to call up the chain of command and fill them in. Thankfully, one of the Assistant Directors took over that piece and let me get back to wrangling the nuts and bolts stuff.

I dealt with the SRT teams a lot once they were on the ground (typically explosion incidents rather than mass shootings), but that was the only time I ever had to do a dispatch. My job meant I knew about mass shooting incidents right as, or slightly before, news coverage broke on them. 2011-12 was just a shitty, shitty period for me psychologically. Newtown/Sandy Hook happened shortly after my daughter started kindergarten and about a month after my then-wife and I separated. I spent most of the day with the thought boiling in the back of my mind that that could have been my daughter, the same kind of thought I think almost every parent had. I really thought that would be the tipping point, that something would change.

When it didn't.....I dunno, I'm just glad I moved into a different job after that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: June 14, 2017, 06:48:54 pm »

Robert Mueller has started a new investigation. Next to the investigation into Russian meddling with the elections, he has now also openend an investigation into Trump for obstructing justice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/special-counsel-is-investigating-trump-for-possible-obstruction-of-justice/2017/06/14/9ce02506-5131-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-low_trumpmueller625pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.9b6f1e52ab41
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: June 14, 2017, 07:02:54 pm »

He's already pubically talked about replacing him.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: June 14, 2017, 07:08:29 pm »

I wonder what's slowing him down. Trump has always been fairly "monkey want, monkey eat" about things that are within his power to do. Restraint, or merely lag?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: June 14, 2017, 07:15:48 pm »

I wonder what's slowing him down. Trump has always been fairly "monkey want, monkey eat" about things that are within his power to do. Restraint, or merely lag?
If he does, it'll be interesting to see if the senate "don't waste our time" intelligence committee puts their money where their mouths are.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: June 14, 2017, 07:51:11 pm »

That means, incidentally, that Trump is now personally under investigation, finally. We can move on from "He isn't personally under investigation" to "He's still innocent until proven guilty" now.

An Anti-Trump mass shooting, a Russia Sanctions bill, and personal investigations. All-in-all, not the best birthday for Mr. President.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: June 14, 2017, 08:07:43 pm »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: June 14, 2017, 08:11:15 pm »

That's three for three, active shooter at Travis AFB.

Just FYI update on this. It was confirmed to be a false alarm.
yep. forgot to update that. i bought it pretty much immediately since media jumped on it as active shooter.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: June 14, 2017, 08:24:58 pm »

I guess now we wait for Trump to fire Special Council Robert Mueller.

He's had lots of aides tell him that it's a horrible idea and Republicans have been signalling that if he chooses to go down that path, things will be very bad. He's probably gotten the message.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: June 14, 2017, 08:26:00 pm »

That means, incidentally, that Trump is now personally under investigation, finally. We can move on from "He isn't personally under investigation" to "He's still innocent until proven guilty" now.

An Anti-Trump mass shooting, a Russia Sanctions bill, and personal investigations. All-in-all, not the best birthday for Mr. President.

Meh isn't going to go anywhere.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: June 14, 2017, 08:26:38 pm »

He also 100% was told by his lawyers that he really, really needs to not insult the courts or use the specific term "travel ban" in light of upcoming judgements, and how long did that take?

One day?

Less?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: June 14, 2017, 08:44:15 pm »

Yesterday was the primaries for Governor and Lt Governor of Virginia.  I managed to vote in the democrat half.  Biggest issue these days is a planned natural gas pipeline in the southern half of the state.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: June 14, 2017, 08:56:56 pm »

Republicans pushing to allow spammers to pack your phone voicemail with spam: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/06/democrats-try-to-stop-gop-from-bombarding-you-with-robo-voicemails/
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 3572