Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 3572

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4268063 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #7770 on: June 13, 2017, 05:53:23 pm »

To be honest the west has really turned a blind eye to political islam. Keep in mind political islam isn't islam as a religion, but, well, a political manifestation of it. Ironically enough, political islam is the closest thing to actual fascism thats accepted nowadays.

Islamic doctrine at its core is not only racially charged, but it strives for conquering of anything non islamic and the destruction of anything it perceives as an enemy. The killing of non muslims is quite literally defined as not as bad as the killing of muslims, and even forgivable. We've got to the point that there are people openly advocating beheadings and sharia laws on the streets across europe and people are pretending its somehow not a problem, and that its only a manifestation of an insignificant minority, in the most limp wristed and lazy manifestations of make-belief multiculturalism.

Forgive me for godwinning the thread for the 98290831th time, but the nazis used to be a casually accepted hateful minority once, too.

Is it? We've had a couple (unsuccessfl) attempt at setting up Islamic parties in Belgium, and everyone went apeshit about it. (It also led to one of the most bizarre incident in Belgian polticial life when a right-wing populist MP (I'd call him far right but he is too weird to characterize) asked to join the Islam party and then autoproclamed himself president of said party after having been kicked out of his own party. ) I mean, it sometime seems we have trouble focusing on anything else TBH, I can't see that as turning a blind eye.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: June 13, 2017, 05:54:27 pm »

i'm sure sharia isn't really as bad as alt-righters say, but it's pretty damn shitty, and people still defend it.
Aye, and nice sized chunks of them conservative or alt-righters :P Or defend most and/or all its component parts, anyway.

... anyway, I like the khawarij idea, or something along those lines. Looks like it sounds kinda' cabbage or carriage or somethin', and gets double bonus points for stealing another language's words as is english and proper. Jihad or jihadi does, too, but they've got too many decent interpretations and too many people then use jihadist and if we're going to do this right it's all steal and no assimilation, all the ists must go.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: June 13, 2017, 05:55:02 pm »

To be honest the west has really turned a blind eye to political islam. Keep in mind political islam isn't islam as a religion, but, well, a political manifestation of it. Ironically enough, political islam is the closest thing to actual fascism thats accepted nowadays.

Islamic doctrine at its core is not only racially charged, but it strives for conquering of anything non islamic and the destruction of anything it perceives as an enemy. The killing of non muslims is quite literally defined as not as bad as the killing of muslims, and even forgivable. We've got to the point that there are people openly advocating beheadings and sharia laws on the streets across europe and people are pretending its somehow not a problem, and that its only a manifestation of an insignificant minority, in the most limp wristed and lazy manifestations of make-belief multiculturalism.

Forgive me for godwinning the thread for the 98290831th time, but the nazis used to be a casually accepted hateful minority once, too.

Political Islam? I have no idea what you're talking about, is Political Christianity a thing? Also, that's incredibly close to what Flynn was saying that Islam is a political ideology and not a religious ideology, which isn't true obviously.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: June 13, 2017, 05:55:19 pm »

well i mean, the difference there is pretty obvious: the amish are already here. they faced a shitload of persecution (mostly non-violent, but outright loathing was common in english pennsylvania) in the 18th/19th centuries. even had the anti-german riots during ww1; didn't really hit the amish, but destroyed a shitload of nearby communities.

source: my ma was born and raised in lancaster county.

(stahp ninjaing. it's worse when you click post twice three times and get ninja'd both times.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: June 13, 2017, 06:05:46 pm »

Yes, but the point is would you say that persecution was a good thing?  Or what happened with Catholics when they were first immigrating over in large numbers?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: June 13, 2017, 06:08:06 pm »

not saying it's normal, saying it's human. people are tribalistic and nationalistic, not going to say if that's good or bad, but you can expect them to freak out if someone who isn't one of "them" is living on "their" land.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: June 13, 2017, 06:27:05 pm »

I wrote "good" not "normal".  Are you saying that you being anti-immigrant or anti-muslim is "just human nature" or that you actually believe it is the right way to be?  Cause that was the parallel I was drawing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: June 13, 2017, 06:29:38 pm »

I wrote "good" not "normal".  Are you saying that you being anti-immigrant or anti-muslim is "just human nature" or that you actually believe it is the right way to be?  Cause that was the parallel I was drawing.

It's called psychology, we're ALL tribalistic, whether we are actively aware of it or not. He's not saying that it's the right way to be, just that we still have to deal with human nature and psychology no matter what.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: June 13, 2017, 06:29:51 pm »

Political Islam? I have no idea what you're talking about, is Political Christianity a thing? Also, that's incredibly close to what Flynn was saying that Islam is a political ideology and not a religious ideology, which isn't true obviously.

Political Christianity is definitely a thing. US politics is full of it. We have a name for them. Evangelicals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: June 13, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »

It's called psychology, we're ALL tribalistic, whether we are actively aware of it or not. He's not saying that it's the right way to be, just that we still have to deal with human nature and psychology no matter what.
Yeah but I'm saying that's a bad defense of your own belief.  The question I was asking, in not particularly veiled language as far as I could tell, is "if anti-catholic or anti-amish sentiment was on the wrong side of history, why do you think anti-muslim sentiment will be on the right side?"

It would be like if I punched someone in the face and I got asked why.  "He insulted me" would be a justification, maybe not a good one but it would be an attempt to defend my actions.  "I didn't like him," while very human, is merely an explanation and would not defend my actions on any level.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: June 13, 2017, 06:48:13 pm »

Both political christianity and political islam are things that exist, its kind of impossible to ignore its existence in the US even nowadays. Political islam is quite literally a thing in several places, also. Ever been to saudi arabia?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: June 13, 2017, 06:50:53 pm »

uh oops. meant to write "not saying it's good, saying it's human." was arguing with myself over whether to put normal or human and accidentally switched them out.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: June 13, 2017, 06:52:45 pm »

Both political christianity and political islam are things that exist, its kind of impossible to ignore its existence in the US even nowadays. Political islam is quite literally a thing in several places, also. Ever been to saudi arabia?

Not sure Saudi Arabia is the best exemple. I wouldn't claime Ancien Régime France as an exemple of political christianity, no matter how much the monarch arped about divine right. It's quite telling that KSA never tried to set itself as Caliph for exemple.

Iran is a much, much better exemple.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: June 13, 2017, 06:54:51 pm »

we have several Christian sects here that blatantly ignore our laws.

We do? I mean in the "Clearly, in plain sight" not in the "Cult, secret illegalness behind closed doors" sort of way.
We do.

"Blatantly ignore our laws" is perhaps a harsh way of putting it.  But several sects essentially get away with being their own tiny autonomous government within America, or have been grandfathered in to ignore certain laws (such as being immune to the draft).  You know they only got away with that because they're Christian (see: what happened to the natives).

What i was pointing out with the Amish is like, imagine a world where instead of the Amish there was a non-Christian African religion that believed in exactly the same lifestyle, and they wanted to immigrate.  People would lose their shit.  What I said about Mormons was mainly a reference to polygamy, but there's a lot of small but significant differences between historical Mormon culture and the rest of America.

Edit: Also, this is getting into cult territory, but a lot of sects get away with murder because of the specific ways religious tax exemption is implemented.  Not small sects or secret ones either.  For example: televangelists that buy themselves private jets.  They aren't exactly mainstream but they certainly aren't a tiny cult with poison kool aid.

Well to my knowledge religious courts are typically allowed, BUT, they exist on the basis that both parties wish the religious court as opposed to a normal one.

And in Canada, at least, there are several legal ways around the religious courts.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: June 13, 2017, 06:56:32 pm »

My views are more qualitative than quantitative. Sure, saudi arabia isn't going around setting up a caliphate, but islamic doctrine still holds huge sway over the day to day lives of its citizens, or else burkas wouldn't exist and women would be able to legally drive. Iran is indeed a good example, though.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 3572