Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 3572

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4266297 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Russia scandal investigation rumbles onward
« Reply #7440 on: June 07, 2017, 06:40:12 pm »

Ameripol connected given recent events:
https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/06/russian-hackers-turn-to-britney-spears-for-help-concealing-espionage-malware/

Prominent Russian hacker group are hiding the IP address for their botnet command & control servers in cryptic comments in Britney Spear's Instagram account. The comments get hashed, and if the hash matches it runs a regex to get the IP address of the control server, the the bots get their marching orders.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:42:45 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: June 07, 2017, 06:41:21 pm »

Maybe Trump will tweet that he's ordered the Justice Department to indict Comey for treason during the middle of the hearing. I'm sure he'll tweet something ill-advised after the "TRAVEL BAN" incident.

The MOST hilarious thing Trump ever tweeted... is that he thinks that the mainstream media wants to take his Twitter away.

NO Trump! The Main Stream media loves your twitter account... It is the average American who wishes you would at least cut down and act presidential.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: June 07, 2017, 06:44:19 pm »

Ameripol connected given recent events:
https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/06/russian-hackers-turn-to-britney-spears-for-help-concealing-espionage-malware/

Prominent Russian hacker group are hiding the IP address for their botnet command & control servers in cryptic comments in Britney Spear's Instagram account. The comments get hashed, and if the hash matches it runs a regex to get the IP address of the control server.

*laughs out loud while saying W-h-a-a-t!? at the same time* Also, poor britney spears account got majorly compromised (no, I'm not actually that sympathetic). I suppose it gets so many comments that it's pretty easy to hide cryptic comments among the noise of everything else.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:46:46 pm by smjjames »

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #7443 on: June 07, 2017, 06:52:11 pm »

-If Comey actually told Trump he was not under investigation.

That one actually is covered in his statement:
Quote from: p.2
In that context, prior to the January 6 meeting, I discussed with the FBI’s leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that we were not investigating him personally.  That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him.  We agreed I should do so if circumstances warranted.  During our one-on-one meeting at Trump Tower, based on President-Elect Trump’s reaction to the briefing and without him directly asking the question, I offered that assurance.
Quote from: p.6
I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump.  I reminded him I had previously told him that.  He repeatedly told me, “We need to get that fact out.”  (I did not tell the President that the FBI and the Department of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because it would create a duty to correct, should that change.)
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: June 07, 2017, 07:18:45 pm »

I see some wiggle room there: He uses the word "personally" for every instance of "investigation", which is true, he did not investigate Trump for personally committed crimes. Comey also said he offered an "assurance", which does not necessarily mean he told him he "wasn't under investigation".

There also remains the matter of Trump's version of the story, where he asked Comey "three times" if he was under investigation "for Russia".

I don't think that really settles much of anything.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: June 07, 2017, 07:52:58 pm »

The whole Qatar thing really drums home what an absolute goddamn goose Trump is. A brutal dictatorship sticks the knife in another US allies back, claiming they're the terrorists, and Trump immediately jumps in "Qatar are the bad guys hey? Oh goodo go get them!"

He's like a guy with Homer Simpson's brain but with Mr Burns ethics.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: June 07, 2017, 07:58:54 pm »

Comey's description of the dinner with Trump sounds uncomfortably similar to someone's boss pressuring them into sex.

The rest of it was pretty funny tho.  Comey talking Washington while Trump tries to talk Godfather.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: June 07, 2017, 08:06:21 pm »

The whole Qatar thing really drums home what an absolute goddamn goose Trump is. A brutal dictatorship sticks the knife in another US allies back, claiming they're the terrorists, and Trump immediately jumps in "Qatar are the bad guys hey? Oh goodo go get them!"

He's like a guy with Homer Simpson's brain but with Mr Burns ethics.

He's actually made a 180 and gave an olive branch to try and mediate between Quatar and Saudi Arabia. I wouldn't be surprised if Quatar was skeptical about the US being a mediator after taking the side of the Saudis.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: June 07, 2017, 08:08:46 pm »

Prominent Russian hacker group are hiding the IP address for their botnet command & control servers in cryptic comments in Britney Spear's Instagram account. The comments get hashed, and if the hash matches it runs a regex to get the IP address of the control server.

*laughs out loud while saying W-h-a-a-t!? at the same time* Also, poor britney spears account got majorly compromised (no, I'm not actually that sympathetic). I suppose it gets so many comments that it's pretty easy to hide cryptic comments among the noise of everything else.
When the botnet tries to create new stooges, they're like "Make me" until they get the reply "I'm a Slave 4 U", then they all lay low in a "Slumber Party" until asked to repeatedly DDOSes somewhere, by a "Toxic" attack, then "Do it baby, one more time" until it's all "Oops, I did it again"...   Sounds "Criminal", to me.

(Goddamn, I just had a belated look at her full discography, and I've not even scratched the surface of the possible puns!)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: June 07, 2017, 08:17:23 pm »

Here's something you almost certainly didn't know about, but will seem weird upon finding it out: there's no presidential pet.

That's not just weird to me right?
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/os-jcomey-060817.pdf

TL;DR: Old man yells at complains to FBI director about cloud.

Bonus slashfic material:
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.  We simply looked at each other in silence.
[I'mSoSorry]"...then his pants slipped off the bulging deposits of lard in his ass and dropped to the floor."[/ReallySorry]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: June 07, 2017, 08:24:17 pm »

Here's something you almost certainly didn't know about, but will seem weird upon finding it out: there's no presidential pet.

That's not just weird to me right?

The Obamas didn't have a pet for a while. As for the Clintons, I'm not sure if socks was just a stray that adopted the white house as it's home or not, and then they got a dog.

The perfect pet for Trump would probably be a parrot or some other bird that repeats human speech, that way he can hear himself praising himself.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: June 07, 2017, 08:28:57 pm »

There was a goldfish. But with a seemingly limited memory-span and the tendency to just drift in and out of the building, opening and closing the mouth continuously...  Trump forgot to feed it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: June 07, 2017, 08:47:06 pm »

He might also consider twitter his pet, but even when they didn't have one, people usually asked about it, or they had mentioned plans to have one, I just noticed an offhand comment somewhere and thought "wait... why is that weird" right off.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: June 07, 2017, 10:15:21 pm »

Huh. Apparently the rumor I noticed that trump was winding up to start airing attack ads against comey is... not a rumor. They're airing.

It's been noted before, but sweet blue hell trump and co. can't seem to stop making themselves come off as the guiltiest spawns of shit that's ever stunk up an american political office. I literally don't think I've ever seen people shoot themselves in the foot this emphatically, and I have actually seen a person put a literal bullet in their actual foot (admittedly, that's not very impressive considering it was a BB, but damnit, it takes effort to get those to break skin). How in the hell did someone think doing something like that against a person potentially testifying about evidence for obstruction of justice charges was a good idea? Does a drug cocktail even exist that can impair higher brain functions that much and not kill an adult human in the process?

E: Though fair warning, I haven't actually watched it because its mere existence hurts my brain, but folks that have report there may be some vulgarity should anyone who checks it out cares.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:22:43 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 3572