Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 3573

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4277411 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Russia scandal ivestigation rumbles onward
« Reply #7080 on: May 31, 2017, 11:42:55 pm »

Anyways, as the Russia scandal investigation rumbles onward (I had started to post when I got the idea for the title change, so, heh), Congress is investigating another possible meeting between Sessions and Kislyak. Sessions didn't report that one either, if it did happen.

Also, remember those two Russian spy compounds that Obama confiscated as punishment for Russian interference in the election? Trump is considering giving those back. It seems that it had initially been contingent on resuming construction on a consulate in St. Petersburg, but that's no longer the case. Consulate in a construction freeze or not, this seems like the absolute last thing someone under investigation for colluding with Russia should be doing as it.... *drumroll* looks like they're colluding with Russia.

Can we start describing the Russia investigation as slouching towards Bethlehem to be born?
I prefer Shelley to Yeats.

I met a blowhard from an unhinged land,
A nasty, blustery, mendacious clown,
Who egged on malice, packing every stand
With gaping suckers, arms aloft. His frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command
Inflame his visage, hair bizarrely red.
His infantile slams, incoherent strings,
Deride elected stupids, till now well fed.

Behold the boastful, fascistic prayer:
‘My name is Lord Trumpismo, king of kings:
Look on my riches, ye Mighty, and despair!
I, alone, save all from doom and decay.”
Thus this colossal demagogue lays bare
How reason and wisdom are cast away.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Russia scandal investigation rumbles onward
« Reply #7081 on: June 01, 2017, 12:31:32 am »

I met a salesman from a high tower,
Who said -- "Three long tons of premium steaks
Lie in a swamp... Near them, on a raft,
Half-sunk a phone lies, flickering dimly,
Whose feed contains messages of untold
class, really fantastic, the best, you know
it's true, stamped into digital stone
with orange hands of miniature size,
And in a cache (deleted publicly)
Reads: 'Despite the constant negative press
covfefe'. Nothing beside remains. Round
the stench of waylaid Sharper ImageTM beef,
The murky waters stand in silence. Sad!"

Forgot the rhymes, not rewriting it
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:38:13 am by UrbanGiraffe »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: June 01, 2017, 02:11:09 am »

Beware the maymaywock my son
The words that bite, the .jpg that catch
Beware the .gif.gif bird and shun
The frumious bantersnatch

Granted that poem doesn't really need reworking. It's already about avoiding bullshit.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: June 01, 2017, 02:50:38 am »

The Cask of Amaralago

THE thousand injuries of Spiceunato I had borne as I best could, but when he ventured upon tweeting I vowed revenge. You, who so well know the nature of my soul, bigly, will not suppose, however, that gave utterance to a threat. At length I would be avenged, just so avenged; this was a point definitely, settled --but the very superness with which it was resolved made it a sure thing. I must not only punish but punish with impunity. Nobody puts Big D in a corner, ya know what I mean? Nobody fucks the Big D.

I made Spiceunato think that everything was going great, just amazingly well, he didn't see it coming.. I continued, as was my in to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my to smile now was at the thought of my daughter Ivanka, who's just amazingly attractive, a real fine specimen of a woman.

He had a weak point --this Spiceunato --although in other regards he was a man with great bushes and suits, which I sold him, of course. He prided himself on his connoisseurship in wine. And I'm a great master at wine too, I sold wine for 20 years pursuing the American dream. For the most part their enthusiasm is adopted to suit the time and opportunity, to practise imposture upon the Russian and Austrian millionaires, real nasty evil German types. In tweeting and real estate, Spiceunato, like his countrymen, was a quack, but in the matter of old wines he was sincere if super dumb. Sad! I was completely different from him in any way, he was just a terrible press man, I never wanted him but Mike was all "T, baby, you gotta have this guy". Never shoulda listened.

It was about dusk, one evening during my very amazing post-post-election rally, that I encountered my...Spiceunato. He accosted me with his weird tiny face, for he had been drinking much. The man wore motley. He had on an unfitted suit like the loser he is, and his head was surmounted by a tie that was way too micro. I was very happy to meet with him since I knew I was going to not have to deal with him more soon, wink wink.

I said to him --"Hey, Spiced-T. Listen, I've got something really important to tell you for the press briefing tomorrow. But I have received a pipe of what passes for Amaralago, and I don't think the chef made it right."

"How?" said he. "Amaralago? A pipe? That's...a chef....uh...Mr. President, that's...that's not...."

"I know, it's just awful, almost as bad as that Comey creep" I replied; "and I had to buy it because Vlad wasn't having the back and forth, guy doesn't even speak English, can you believe it!?"

"....So....Amaralago."

"I need you to taste it."

"What, you mean like a poison tas-"

"Come on Sean, don't be like that."

"Um....well...o..ok..."

"Fine, fine, I can see you don't really like this sort of stuff. Don't worry, I'm just going to ask Steve to have a sip and-"

"Bannon cannot tell Amaralago from Shillery!"

"No, no, I get it Sean, don't worry about it."

"No. No! I can be contradicted on live television, I can send out Kellyane to get eviscerated every other day, and I can even watch Melissa McCarthy fuck up my hair style, but this is too much. Give me the Amaralago. Bannon is a hack!"

"Well, if that's what you want. So how we doing this?"

"The mobile wine cellar, I mean, that's where you put it, right?."

"....Oh...uh....just don't worry about it, actually. It's about time for you to have your gum break anyway. Steve and me will--"

"Forget the gum. Everyone has their limit and this is mine. Come on."

"Woah, woah, Sean, you're taking this way too seriously. We don't need the wine. It's fine. We can just hang out here and talk like always, that's fine, right?"

"Are...are you high again or something? Look, just- Amaralago! Steve Bannon is bad enough with his creepy 'Historical Wehrmacht Collection' shit and his fucking- take me to the wine. Let's go."

And then Spiceunato just grabbed my arm; and I'm pretty sure I could have just had him shot for that right then and there like an illegal immigrant, but I was too worried thinking about the Amaralago because I actually hid it in the fridge instead of the wine truck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: June 01, 2017, 08:18:41 am »

What is going on in this thread
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: June 01, 2017, 08:24:17 am »

Derails. *shrug* lol.

Theres a small chance that the Russia investigation could go international, well, more international than it already is, since Nigel Farage has been named a person of interest in the probe. He hasn't been accused of anything, but it's well known that he has connections to Trump and his staff as well as Assanage. It's entirely possible that he simply got caught in the middle of all this and did nothing wrong.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: June 01, 2017, 08:33:12 am »

I made mention to the poem The Second Coming by Yeats, specifically comparing the Russian investigation to the monstrous, unstoppable beast of Babylon. The Second Coming in general has been getting lots of airtime lately, but it's a very good poem in general.

Things just spiraled from there.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: June 01, 2017, 08:46:51 am »

Theres a small chance that the Russia investigation could go international, well, more international than it already is, since Nigel Farage has been named a person of interest in the probe. He hasn't been accused of anything, but it's well known that he has connections to Trump and his staff as well as Assanage. It's entirely possible that he simply got caught in the middle of all this and did nothing wrong.
Amusingly enough, the guy has pretty vehemently denied basically any connection to russia (for all the specific wording of the denial on record is somewhat... questionable). Can't recall what farage's record is on that sort of denial, though. For all I know that just makes the potential connection more likely instead of less.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: June 01, 2017, 01:12:52 pm »

Mind you Nigel is a pretty scummy person in his own right... (and is... like a walking discriminatory English stereotype)

Yet I always figured him for a Patriot. Xenophobic and highly ethnocentric... But a Patriot non-the-less.

I'd be honestly surprised if he had legitimate illicit Russian connections beyond political maneuvering.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: June 01, 2017, 01:35:07 pm »

Trump has officially declared 'Fuck the environment'.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: June 01, 2017, 01:35:59 pm »

Does America need its environment?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: June 01, 2017, 01:41:07 pm »

We can have all the bad stuff towed out of the environment.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: June 01, 2017, 01:44:56 pm »

Does America need its environment?

More than most of it is willing to admit
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: June 01, 2017, 01:46:19 pm »

We can have all the bad stuff towed out of the environment.
Holy cow, is that video for real or is that satire? I just can't tell.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: June 01, 2017, 01:47:52 pm »

In less Trumpy news, the Supreme Court ruled overwhelmingly in favor of consumer rights by agreeing 7-1 that Lexmark cannot ban anyone from buying, refilling, and reselling their ink cartridges. The only dissenting voice was Ginsburg (Gorsuch abstained, as he was not present for a large portion of the arguments) who quibbled with some of the international aspects of the decision.

While this seems like a fairly niche issue, it has wide-ranging implications for aftermarket repair and refurbishment, not to mention the cost of consumables.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 3573