Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 3573

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4282729 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6900 on: May 30, 2017, 12:03:17 am »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: May 30, 2017, 12:10:10 am »

"Call me a Nazi again and I'll stomp you with my jackboots!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkp4LEahkD0
Is it "funny videos of politics" time now?

Here's the reason why we have fascism in America now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDtIp56POwk

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: May 30, 2017, 04:19:21 am »

Hey, that's heading into proper fascist territory now.

Yea, like actual Italian fascism territory proper. This is probably the most worrisome news I've heard about the US' situation this year. I hope it doesn't become a trend and that he gets reprimanded to the gutters by his party.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: May 30, 2017, 08:10:59 am »

Hey, that's heading into proper fascist territory now.

Yea, like actual Italian fascism territory proper. This is probably the most worrisome news I've heard about the US' situation this year. I hope it doesn't become a trend and that he gets reprimanded to the gutters by his party.

Again, it's just one county level guy who may have been trying to be sarcastic. But yes, I too hope it doesn't become a trend.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: May 30, 2017, 08:12:56 am »

His party won't do shit so far as censure goes, to be frank. I'm not entirely sure the GOP is even capable of it, at this point, much less willing to do more than offer half-arsed condemnation with no functional component and the integrity of loose sand. If the critter's getting elected the GOP doesn't particularly give a fuck what they're saying or doing, even beyond what's normal for a political organization.

To be what fair is possible, part of that's just due to the nature of american political parties. Anyone can claim to be republican, or democrat, or god's munificent third testicle, or whatever. Doesn't mean a political party can actually do much about them.

Though @baff, our infrastructure is indeed fairly vulnerable, but it's also goddamn huge. Vital things can be slow and finicky to replace and it not actually make much of a difference if the pool of resources being drawn from large enough. If someone's managing to do significant and lasting damage to our infrastructure, they've probably already effectively occupied parts of the country and we'd be looking at bigger problems than idle sabotage campaigns.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6905 on: May 30, 2017, 11:12:54 am »

One of the Kafkaesque tragedies of the Trump administration is coming to an end.

I'm just trying to picture what his life was like for the past three months. And looking forward to Trump trying to speak a whole lot more. One day he may even form a whole sentence without prompting!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: May 30, 2017, 11:47:13 am »

okay so first things first: oathkeepers and threepers wouldn't be against this guy, since he's local government.

second: yeah, you can compare bringing in security for your events to fascism if you want. but you have to realize that's exactly how this kind of thing starts out: security to protect against another group, usually the left, attacking their events. i.e. tell those antifa punks to stop being fucking idiots, they're literally creating more "fash" every time they do anything.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: May 30, 2017, 01:10:59 pm »

Well what else would you call hiring paramilitaries - who have engaged in political violence - to police your political events?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: May 30, 2017, 01:25:31 pm »

You could call it criminally batshit insane, but fascist is easier to spell, less letters.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: May 30, 2017, 02:20:07 pm »

Well what else would you call hiring paramilitaries - who have engaged in political violence - to police your political events?
Security?

I mean, hell, compared to the alternatives the Oathkeepers don't seem that bad. Not like they're going to mow down a crowd in downtown Portland.

You could call it criminally batshit insane, but fascist is easier to spell, less letters.
What's criminally batshit insane is telling people "Hey, you should just let those guys beat up your supporters. No, no, don't fight back, that's fascism."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: May 30, 2017, 02:33:53 pm »

OR MAYBE just maybe, hire a security company? one maybe not composed of crazy far-right gun-fuckers? those exist, you know. no one here is against security in principle, and you know that, and to continue talking about "oh boo hoo the lefties don't want them to have security" is fucking despicable of you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: May 30, 2017, 02:36:10 pm »

Then people would cry about SCARY PRIVATE MILITARY ARMIES ON AMERICAN SOIL COUP IMMINENT. There's either the right to freely associate whatever security they damn well please, or there isn't. 
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: May 30, 2017, 02:45:58 pm »

what

private security firms provide security to events *all the time* it's like, their number 1 job, besides day-to-day security in shops and malls and the like.

name me one time someone has gotten in a tizzy from a company of security guards guarding an event, and not about the event itself, but about the company? we're not talking PMC's like Blackwater or whatever they call themselves this week, we're talkin' 'bout better-trained mall-cops.

like, seriously, far-right militias as security? this is what people are thinking of the parallels aren't perfect and you can nitpick until your blue in the face, but people are gonna raise eyebrows when you have paramilitary groups providing security for political events, especially if they're far-right gun-fuckers. 

to reiterate, because y'all seem to have trouble with this. Security = Alright. Far-right gun-fuckers as security = Hello Distinct Nazi Parallels! :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: May 30, 2017, 02:46:25 pm »

Security?

I mean, hell, compared to the alternatives the Oathkeepers don't seem that bad. Not like they're going to mow down a crowd in downtown Portland.

What's criminally batshit insane is telling people "Hey, you should just let those guys beat up your supporters. No, no, don't fight back, that's fascism."

It's *literally* from Hitler's playbook.

From the Wikipedia entry on the SS:
It began with a small guard unit known as the Saal-Schutz (Hall-Protection) made up of NSDAP volunteers to provide security for party meetings in Munich.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: May 30, 2017, 02:49:47 pm »

The US government already provides security at events.  Most venues such as stadiums either have their own private security or won't object to speakers bringing their own.

You don't need 10, 50, 100 dudes with AR15s to provide security at events.  A dozen mall cops, or a dozen real cops, or a failing that the full riot squad, that's security.  A right wing militia, that's intimidation.

The thing is we've already gone down this path in America a bunch of times.  The Pinkertons, the worse examples of political machines, company towns, that one gold rush boom town run by a conman.  Hell, the actual police for most of our history.  Its awful every time.  Democracy only works if the spooks and the soldiers don't show up to the electoral process and to the protests.  Wannabe military cheerleaders, for this one thing, still count as soldiers.

I mean hell, this same conflict of interest has been playing out in the Middle East for years.  People in Iraq actually need militias, that's part of why its so hard to externally impose democracy in Iraq and similar countries.  Why would you want to bring all those problems to a place where there is no need for militias?  And yes, there really is no need for militias, as much as the gun nuts would like to pretend the US is a war zone with a failed state it most definitely is not.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 3573