Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 3573

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4282939 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6855 on: May 28, 2017, 10:40:43 am »

Apparently Trump does the "asshole handshake" where he tries to turn your hand into pulp by squeezing really hard until your arm goes limp. The new French Presisdent was pre-warned and gripped on firmly until both peoples hands turned white from lack of bloodflow.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: May 28, 2017, 10:47:12 am »

what's a pleonasm?
It's what a sub is forced to request of a dom, in a delayed gratification roleplay situation...

:P

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: May 28, 2017, 10:59:28 am »

Apparently Trump does the "asshole handshake" where he tries to turn your hand into pulp by squeezing really hard until your arm goes limp. The new French Presisdent was pre-warned and gripped on firmly until both peoples hands turned white from lack of bloodflow.

The next cold war won't be fought with expanding nukes, but with increasingly shitty handshakes.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: May 28, 2017, 11:02:53 am »

The best part was Trump's face.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: May 28, 2017, 11:37:29 am »

The next cold war won't be fought with expanding nukes, but with increasingly shitty handshakes.

Trump also apparently tried to disengage twice before Macron let his hand go.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: May 28, 2017, 11:45:33 am »

Trump also apparently tried to disengage twice before Macron let his hand go.

Aye, Macron explains why.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: May 28, 2017, 12:40:07 pm »

I'd say Macron's face is even better, in context.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: May 28, 2017, 01:00:33 pm »

I'd say Macron's face is even better, in context.

+1 to that. I like Macrons smirk there and he looks comfortable/relaxed while Trump is a bit tense and like 'let go!', at least in that specific moment he doesn't appear relaxed.

Macron is just the latest world leader to turn the tables on Trump with that signature handshake of his. He probably should have followed his own 'rule' about being unpredictable rather than predictably doing that signature handshake of his all the time. And I bet Trump is likely starting to realize that as well, or at least is going to realize that he's getting countered there.

But who cares about all that, it's all psychology and a good deal of politics involves psychology too.

In other Trump admin news, NHS security chief Kelly says that he's considering expanding the laptop ban to ALL flights going TO AND FROM the US. I fail to see how that would keep us safe because all it does is put the potential bombs in the cargo hold, where they would be just as effective. Not to mention the concerns of having all those lithium batteries in the hold and the impact that it would have on the airlines.

Also, here, he gives one reason (or a partial reason) is that people are overpacking their carryon bags which is making it harder for the screeners to look at things. However, you have to take the laptop out of the bag ANYWAY, so, it kind of seems somewhat moot to me.

It just seems more like a fortress/bunker mentality thing than something that would actually keep us safe.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:45:36 pm by smjjames »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: May 28, 2017, 02:55:59 pm »

Macron is just the latest world leader to turn the tables on Trump with that signature handshake of his.
That article is making much of Trump changing things, but it's really only a change in the political sphere. That kind of handshake showmanship was pretty widespread in American business some decades ago.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: May 28, 2017, 03:00:53 pm »

Macron is just the latest world leader to turn the tables on Trump with that signature handshake of his.
That article is making much of Trump changing things, but it's really only a change in the political sphere. That kind of handshake showmanship was pretty widespread in American business some decades ago.

I didn't get a sense that the article was serious about it, just more of a 'here's a funny thing Trump does and world leaders are conteracting with that'. Plus it was his first trip abroad, so, it's going to be scruitinized more than most, and that instance was just notable for Macron playing hardball with Trump on that.

Pretty sure the media had some 'silly/amusing stuff that Obama' did or Bush did in the first year or two, which died down, this is just the same kind of thing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:09:38 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: May 28, 2017, 03:03:40 pm »

Well at least the USA isn't doing what the UK is and allowing them to search all the content of your laptop.

OR ARE THEY!?!

As well at least the USA isn't doing what the UK is doing and charging people for refusing search and seizure...

OR ARE THEY!?!

---

I actually bring it up only because I have no idea if the US is currently doing this (I swear there was something about this)... and if they aren't, then there is a pretty good chance they will.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:05:27 pm by Neonivek »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: May 28, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »

They did. There was a pretty big furore over a NASA Jet Propulsion Lab dude having his work issued cell phone get searched a few months back.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: May 28, 2017, 03:13:13 pm »

Yeah, I remember there were things like that. I just didn't want to look stupid if I was wrong for recollecting.

Kind of odd all things considered.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: May 28, 2017, 06:08:07 pm »

Macron looks like he's finding the situation extremely gratifying. Perhaps too gratifying...

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 3573