Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 3573

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4282931 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6840 on: May 27, 2017, 02:25:21 pm »

Well he essentially shat on a gold star family during the campaign so... probably not much.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: May 27, 2017, 07:03:45 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/us/portland-train-stabbing/

literally everything about this is simultaneously ridiculous and exactly what I would expect.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: May 27, 2017, 07:16:04 pm »

literally everything about this is simultaneously ridiculous and exactly what I would expect.
yep.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: May 27, 2017, 07:21:50 pm »

Sad he wont go for another election.

I honestly think he has a chance.

Then again he was positively ancient when he went for election this time... I am not sure 4 extra years will be good to him.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: May 27, 2017, 07:26:20 pm »

yep.

Not sure what you're yep'ing about, but the fact that he isn't a Trump supporter is surprising to me (maybe just librul bias on my part, lol) because of the whole alt-right thing.

Additionally intriguing is the apparent support for the Standing Rock thing, which is a Native American protest, and the guy is a white supremacist.

Just a complex person I suppose, but aren't we all?

Sad he wont go for another election.

I honestly think he has a chance.

Then again he was positively ancient when he went for election this time... I am not sure 4 extra years will be good to him.

I'd rather have it go to someone younger.

The Democrat bench for 2020 is probably going to explode in radiative diversity, but needs an extinction event early on to prevent the melee that was the Republican side for 2016, which arguably has it's pros and cons.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:29:55 pm by smjjames »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: May 27, 2017, 07:50:17 pm »

yep.

Not sure what you're yep'ing about, but the fact that he isn't a Trump supporter is surprising to me (maybe just librul bias on my part, lol) because of the whole alt-right thing.

Additionally intriguing is the apparent support for the Standing Rock thing, which is a Native American protest, and the guy is a white supremacist.

Just a complex person I suppose, but aren't we all?
The "yep" was just because everyone (even me) assumed the guy was a Trump supporter. Instead, he's just crazy. No offense Berners.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: May 28, 2017, 02:41:36 am »

EDIT: I had to go check facebook myself since I'm not going to automatically trust that some imgur posts are actually the same person. Given the long history of misidentification of shooters as Democrats, you'd be foolish to take some imgur photodump claiming political alliegence for a killer at face value without at least checking it out yourself.

Well, he checks out as the same person, but I doubt he was too much of a "Bernie Supporter" so much as against Hillary. Basically a right-wing anarchist who saw Bernie vs Trump as the best middle finger to the establishment. The imgur image dump was pretty much cherrypicked if you read the guy's facebook page. There are lots of anti-left, anti-liberal, pro-nazi stuff on there too.

What I know about him: dope-smoking, comic book geek, into heavy metal, who's also an anti-authoritarian right-nationalist. People were dumbfounded that anyone on the right could like Bernie better than Trump, but that's a black and white worldview. People are complex ... you get someone with these interests and they can still be the biggest racist fuck, but be tilted more politically towards Bernie than Trump.

(weirdly, the killer has their gender set to female on facebook. it says send her a friend request to see what she shares with her friends)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:44:09 am by Reelya »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: May 28, 2017, 06:59:46 am »

Well, he checks out as the same person, but I doubt he was too much of a "Bernie Supporter" so much as against Hillary.
That was my 'take-home', after glancing at that (then looking at the other items there, and then frankly despairing of humanity to a measurable degree), and I couldn't even work out the point. Now that it has been explained to me that "he's a Democrat!" was the intended explanation.. I  still say that it reads as a typical anti-Hilary/anti-establishment/misanthropic table-flipper from the Right.  But that's just me.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: May 28, 2017, 09:49:45 am »

One way or another it's kinda silly to put too much stock into his political views. There's plenty of people that support Hillary, Bernie or Trump that avoid killing people. Dude was crazy, end of story.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: May 28, 2017, 09:52:26 am »

One way or another it's kinda silly to put too much stock into his political views. There's plenty of people that support Hillary, Bernie or Trump that avoid killing people. Dude was crazy, end of story.
yep. that'd be nice.

unfortunately literally everyone I know called the guy a "crazy Trump supporter."

wasn't like he was a nice, blue-collar union worker who fell down the rabbit hole. guy was a crazy, has been a crazy for ages.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: May 28, 2017, 09:59:58 am »

The term 'crazy Trump supporter' is confusing. Is that 'someone who supports the theory of Trump being crazy', or is it a pleonasm?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: May 28, 2017, 10:01:38 am »

Yeah, politics (other than the islamophobia) doesn't come into play here, guy was crazy, violent, and a hater, simple as that.

The term crazy Trump supporter is confusing. Is that 'someone who supports the theory of Trump being crazy', or is it a pleonasm?

what's a pleonasm? And it means more that the person is crazy and a trump supporter.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: May 28, 2017, 10:04:38 am »

And it means more that the person is crazy and a trump supporter.
If you put it that way it becomes a tautology

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:09:26 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: May 28, 2017, 10:15:34 am »

unfortunately literally everyone I know called the guy a "crazy Trump supporter."
"But these are Crazy Trump Supporters, and yet (the President) won't even mention the word. Now, to solve a problem, you have to be able to state what the problem is or at least say the name. He won't say the name and Breitbart won't say the name. But the name is there. It's Crazy. Trump. Supporter."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: May 28, 2017, 10:18:26 am »

Yeah, politics (other than the islamophobia) doesn't come into play here, guy was crazy, violent, and a hater, simple as that.
Eh... politics almost always comes into play with this kind of thing. The atmosphere and environment someone is in shapes their behavior a fair bit, often enough, and actions like the guy took, well. Certain folks in our cultural sphere have been trying to promote and/or normalize a greater degree of violence.

Dunnit mean he wouldn't have still done something of similar nature if we didn't have quite president talking of second amendment rights or a political movement encouraging such and trying to paint their opponents with a similar brush or whatever applicable bout of crap you feel like bringing up, but it likely would have been less likely.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 3573