Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 3573

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4283318 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6750 on: May 25, 2017, 10:42:00 am »

Yeah, I know Trump isn't directly responsible for the leaks, it's the whole frustration about leaks that he has been generating recently.

He did give a metaphorical stab at metaphorically smoothing metaphorical feathers though. Meanwhile, back at home, the whole insistence at going after leakers doesn't appear to have gone much of anywhere, so, it's mostly his version of diplomatic smoothing I guess.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: May 25, 2017, 10:47:15 am »

"There is no relationship we cherish more than the special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom," the President wrote in his statement.

Yeeeeaaaah ... "Cherish". Trump didn't write any of the statement, no way. If it was Trump it would have read more like:

"The British are good people, I've got the best relationship with the British, they love me over there. The Queen's good people, she's a big fan, the biggest".
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:50:21 am by Reelya »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: May 25, 2017, 10:48:34 am »

If deserts are expanding then the planet is getting cooler.
If deserts are shrinking then the planet is getting warmer.
You can't just treat scary ecological effects like a buffet, these portions are a set, if you want another roll (shrinking deserts) you gotta take a serving of peas (warmer climate), and if you want some asparagus (expanding deserts) for some reason then you gotta take... fuck I dunno, fucking brussel sprouts (cooler climate) with it.
Not sure if you're confused on what a desert is, confused on what the climate is, or are thinking of some obscure atmospheric thing that is probably being overapplied here but definitely needs more thorough justification and explanation.

Also you went a bit overboard with the bizarre food metaphor there.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: May 25, 2017, 10:57:23 am »

Desserts expand when it gets cooler, contract when it gets hotter.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: May 25, 2017, 11:10:53 am »

Desserts expand when it gets cooler, contract when it gets hotter.
Has anyone ever told you you're really cute sometimes? Thanks for being you.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: May 25, 2017, 11:37:14 am »

Has the outcome of the election been decided yet?  I bet it didn't / won't even make a difference.

Partly because I'm bitterly expecting that behavior like that would embolden a lot of his supporters, but mostly because most of the votes had already been cast, from what I understand.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: May 25, 2017, 12:06:10 pm »

Yeah, most of the votes were already in. That said, day-of votes also lean notably towards R voters, with others more likely to vote ahead of time, so there actually is a chance it loses the bugger the election at the last minute. If nothing else, it's caused some local papers and whatnot to withdraw endorsements and tell their readers to vote for someone else.

Unfortunately montana doesn't allow you to change your vote, so anyone that did vote for the guy beforehand is stuck with it, now. Half curious to see what would happen if he got through, but got the misdemeanor charge and a judge unwilling to consider probation. Think it's been a while since we had one of those positions start out with the elected candidate in jail for the first six months or so.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: May 25, 2017, 12:52:03 pm »

Not that I believe cops are trustworthy for...well, anything, but how would they have gotten information like that? The intelligence services don't just tell them everything.

That's not really surprising. After a major incident like this, it is only reasonable that as much information as possible be sent to the people in charge of preventing attacks on other likely targets, on the off chance it isn't yet another lone wolf.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: May 25, 2017, 01:58:10 pm »

Yeah, at least the communication outside the mess was fairly on point.

Any case, it looks like the fourth circuit has upheld the stay on trump's more recent immigration ban. Seem to remember it going through some other courts during the same period, but in at least that one the verdict came out for keeping the ban dead in the water.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: May 25, 2017, 02:20:22 pm »

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/24/529862697/republican-s-altercation-with-reporter-shakes-up-montana-race-on-eve-of-voting

Really? Who does that?

Tyrants.
Eh, tyrants don't usually do their own dirty work. If we're lucky, this guy'll win and beat up even more reporters.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: May 25, 2017, 02:21:47 pm »

Aluminum is a misspelling. American english just leaves the second e silent. I am infuriated about the misspellings everywhere in the U.S. we can have our accent and proper grammar you dullards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium#Different_endings

While I'm prefer -um, I'm fine if people want to spell it -ium. But I'd argue there is no concrete reason to stick with either and if I had to lean one way or another, I'd say -um has the priority.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: May 25, 2017, 02:27:14 pm »

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/24/529862697/republican-s-altercation-with-reporter-shakes-up-montana-race-on-eve-of-voting

Really? Who does that?

Tyrants.
Eh, tyrants don't usually do their own dirty work. If we're lucky, this guy'll win and beat up even more reporters.
Putin built his power on having a macho outdoorsman image.  If Putin bodyslammed a reporter you bet your butt the internet would fill up with memes about it.  This is not a good thing, apparently the difference between a tyrant and the good uncle at Thanksgiving is being the right kind of funny.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: May 25, 2017, 02:34:00 pm »

Tyrants use physical force to avoid having to answer questions about their leadership, their actions or their beliefs. Doesn't matter if they use their own fist or on their goon's fists.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 3573