Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4157151 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6600 on: May 22, 2017, 06:21:42 pm »

He goes from smiling and ready to relax to glancing around trying to figure out what's happening, then Trump starts babbling and you can see his smile go from real to faked since his eyes drop out of it. There ain't much I'm good at picking out about body language but the cues that say "fake smile" are ones which I learned about and spent a long time learning how to eliminate to avoid scaring people because I had a really natural "I'm going to eat you" smile apparently.

I also heard that there were 3 white house staffers being singled out currently in the investigation as leakers and apparently the president wants to fire them when he gets back, but I don't know if the president can fire himself because I'm pretty sure he's one of the 3 leakers, isn't he?

Well, I'm visually impaired, so, it's a bit harder to catch it, plus the camera was going all over the place. If it had stayed on his face, I'd probably catch it better.

I haven't heard anything about three leakers in the staff being confirmed and Trump wanting to fire them when he gets back. Just more palace intrigue until Trump actually acts on it. Link, if available, would be good

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: May 22, 2017, 06:31:07 pm »

Closest thing to a link I can find in under two minutes while working with a powerful and rising hunger for food is this, apparently coming out of a white house correspondent for OANN, whatever the hell the one america news network is. Couple whatever they are from the top, at the mo'. Near as I can tell it's the sole and single source at this point in time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: May 22, 2017, 06:36:54 pm »

Sounds like the usual palace intrigue at this point. It would be quite a bit of a shakeup if it's true and Trump acted on it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: May 22, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »

Didn't catch that the OANN is not the best of sources: http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/05/22/scoop-on-trump-preparing-to-fire-multiple-staffers-identified-as-leakers-undergoes-some-patching/ is a bit better explanation on what's going on there.

Full admission: I've got a board I used to frequent for a video game years ago which has a couple of folks who work on the hill at this point so when I am checking out news I hit there first and pass it along if it's interesting and not up over here yet. Sometimes stuff pops up and surprises them so that catches my notice, but sometimes it's also just some guy overblowing shit, hard to tell in the era of Trump.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: May 22, 2017, 10:19:42 pm »

Found one meme for it already:
http://i.imgur.com/pwL9Fgg.mp4

Unfortunately, since it's an MP4, I can't post it directly on the forums as a gif.
There's a trick with Imgur.  Change the file extension, and it should...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: May 22, 2017, 10:46:10 pm »

Well I hope you guys like having no more Net Neutrality and higher Netflix prices!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: May 22, 2017, 10:49:21 pm »

Ajit PaimtotallyinbedwithTrump was going to do this no matter what the popular feedback from the commentary period was. His own commentary on the matter makes this abundantly clear.

Little dictator got his orders, and he gets to exercise his power boner by following them as officiously as possible.  Dont worry, the resulting cluster fuck will be so horrible, that after the Trump administration leaves power in 4 years, that the incoming admin will have 4 years of very clear data showing how the ISP's wet dream of how the internet should be run is in fact, a horrible clusterfuck-- and Net Neutrality will be reinstated, and damn near untouchable afterward.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: May 22, 2017, 11:10:14 pm »

But the internet was so much better in the Bill Clinton Era in the 90s... and that the only reason that was the case is because there was no net neutrality laws.

Can't they just argue that?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: May 22, 2017, 11:17:36 pm »

No, the internet OPERATED as if title II was in effect, because just a short time prior, MaBell had her fat ghetto ass handed to her, and the newly starting ISPs decided to play it safe in that landscape.

So, while no NN rules were in effect, they operated as if Title II was in full force.

It is only NOW, that the ISPs have replaced the fat whore of MaBell, that they want to be rid of that "dread spectre" so badly.  When they become just as bloatedly corpulent, obstinate about only putting service where it makes them assloads of money (and fuck everyone else!), and it becomes painfully obvious that yes-- Acting like Title II is in effect is REQUIRED for open innovation in the internet-- WILL FINALLY SINK IN.  There will be evidence both before and after institution and repeal of enforced title II-- more than enough to show how marked the effect of the repeal was, and how essential the regulation is.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: May 23, 2017, 12:15:17 am »

Except voters don't give a shit about evidence, and the people they elect don't care about the potential benefits or intended purposes of things.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: May 23, 2017, 12:26:51 am »

the 1990s had ISP walled gardens where they expected you to use their apps and onlines games which were bought and were exclusive to your ISP (AOL, Compuserve). So much for 1990's Net Neutrality.

If anything any "Net Neutrality" which existed in the early days was purely accidental. You needed to have subscription/ad revenue and high bandwidth requirements (realtime content / streaming) before it's worth bribing ISPs for more bandwidth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: May 23, 2017, 12:41:07 am »

Except voters don't give a shit about evidence, and the people they elect don't care about the potential benefits or intended purposes of things.

Actually what is funny is they MADE UP evidence in support of removing Net Neutrality (no really) and shut down opposition.

That BS I said earlier? I didn't make it up! it was the major argument to remove Net Neutrality (That and "Obama is corrupt!")

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: May 23, 2017, 12:42:51 am »

Its worth pointing out that a LOT of voters in the US are low information voters.  Huge segments of the population are uneducated.  Many people are disengaged from the voting process.  Racial minorities often feel that neither side represents their views, or that their vote doesn't count for anything.  Voter suppression often prevents them from voting, and gerrymandering often means that their vote almost literally does count for nothing.  Meanwhile conservative elites have intentionally poisoned small town America to any perspectives other than its own (there's something bizarre about a world where rank and file conservatives refuse to watch CNN).  In both cases the results are the same: they vote based on stupid shit like how tall a candidate is or how much money they have or something.

Its dumb but its hard to blame them.  To understand why voting matters you have to get your way every now and again.  American politics seesaws between two parties, but for a majority of Americans neither party will do what they want.  *I* agree with the Democratic party on most issues but I doubt even a third of the country truly thinks that way, ditto for Republicans.  So the majority of the country simply has to choose between two platforms that aren't theirs; our majority-wins system has resulted in a government that never has anywhere near majority support.

(note: just because both parties are supported by a slim minority of the country does not mean that they are equally popular or equally good)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: May 23, 2017, 12:44:14 am »

Actually 97% of voters support keeping Net Neutrality... if you get rid of the fake support.

The reason for the removal of Net Neutrality is likely outright corruption (For example the current head of the FCC benefits from Net Neutrality removal)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: May 23, 2017, 02:26:32 am »

Actually 97% of voters support keeping Net Neutrality... if you get rid of the fake support.

The reason for the removal of Net Neutrality is likely outright corruption (For example the current head of the FCC benefits from Net Neutrality removal)

But for how many of them is it actually a priority?  It don't think it's sunk in yet for most people.

Like, people get that the world is drastically changing.  But only on the cynical surface level, where they snark about how much kids stare at their phones and how their personal routines have changed.  Not enough people think of it in terms of, say, analogous to the printing press and the renaissance.  The potential to uproot power structures, offer us completely new paradigms of social organization, and transform society.  The potential to free or imprison minds on unprecedented scale.

The evidence is there.  But they don't really give a shit, because there are narratives out there more attractive to their imaginations.  Like baby murder and Mexican job thieves.

Just like voters don't give a shit about the evidence for climate change.  I bet you could say that a huge majority of voters are in favor of stopping climate change, too.  But I think the true scope of the problem is just too much to aggregate with their immediate life priorities like gas prices and coal jobs.  So fuck the evidence for all that far-flung intellectual shit.  It's all well and good, but we've got things ass-pulling our amygdala to worry about, right?

Its worth pointing out that a LOT of voters in the US are low information voters.

I guess what I'm saying is low maturity is just as much a problem as low information.  The former creates the latter.  And our politicians on both sides knowingly milk that for all its worth.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 3563