Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4156821 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6495 on: May 18, 2017, 05:16:44 pm »

If Trump is getting impeached, it probably will take until 2018, or at least until the start of election season.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: May 18, 2017, 05:46:04 pm »

I'm still curious on if the Dems would also go after Pence, if they impeach Trump due to election shenanigans, Pence would have also gotten in because of those same shenanigans, even if he had nothing to do with them.

'Course, if they get Trump with something different, then there's nothing to do about Pence.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: May 18, 2017, 05:49:48 pm »

It's worth bearing in mind that, in Watergate, Spiro Agnew resigned before he did, and he appointed a new one (Gerald Ford). I'm not sure what would happen to Pence.

I just don't want someone pardoning Trump and his administration.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 05:51:22 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: May 18, 2017, 05:58:35 pm »

It's worth bearing in mind that, in Watergate, Spiro Agnew resigned before he did, and he appointed a new one (Gerald Ford). I'm not sure what would happen to Pence.
So we could be looking at a president Jared Kushner or Ivanka Trump, if things go that way around.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: May 18, 2017, 06:13:52 pm »

If you're wondering what a special counsel is, this should shed some light.

TL:DR: the justice department has called in outside help due to conflicts of interest.  Its not the same thing as the independent prosecutor Bernie and the democrats are calling for, especially since congress had nothing to do with this, but it should have a similar effect.  The special counsel has authority as if he were a federal attorney.  His first step is going to be requesting money and employees from the government for his investigation; the FBI investigators will likely be included.

I don't believe this has happened very often.  There shouldn't be any precedents as to what Trump can or can't do to fuck with this guy, but it seems unlikely that any federal judges would take Trump's side on this issue.

Graham: Trump-Russia investigation is now a 'criminal investigation'

Of happenings?
Earlier, he tweeted that the decision was "the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history".
This isn't just funny because he's saying this is worse than McCarthy, its funny because the "witch hunts in American history" includes literal witch hunts.  We traded a constitutional scholar for this.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: May 18, 2017, 07:56:42 pm »

So we could be looking at a president Jared Kushner or Ivanka Trump, if things go that way around.
That would be the very maddest way to get our first female president. :V

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I've been desperately trying to catch upon this thread for at least three-two weeks.  I was... WAY behind.
I've been taking in tons of Comey news and I want to see the reactions from my favorite forum.  There was so much antifa stuff to get through, though...  Stuff I couldn't in good conscience just skip through.  It's tricky.
I loved Pepsi Guy though, thanks a lot for that (please don't actually restart the discussion though).

Anyway.  I think I'm going to have to just save my place and proceed manually (or utilize Mark As New) because I really want to know what the hell a Millenial is, or rather, what Bay12's take is.

...if you were born in 1980 you aren't a fucking millenial, little shits trying to make themselves seem cooler by pulling in the late gen x crowd, fuck off with that noise, if your parents are boomers you're in gen x or they're getting some of that freaky seniorsexin' action.
Also, though it's technically Europol: Le Pen lost, and on a normal day in any other timeline we might be shocked at a hateful shitbag getting 35% of the vote, but this is not that day.
This is a relatively unimportant quote taken as a semi-random example from the "discussion", which involved calling pagers "buzzers" because apparently the English don't know english (;
/s
Is it based on when you "grow up", whatever the hell that means?
Is it based on your parents' age, which would have some hilarious implications for some families?
Am I way overthinking this?

I know I'm intruding, but let me look over the last 10 posts...  Hm...

Looks like same old impeachment talk, though with a bit more support given recent absolutely ludicrous acts against an active investigator.  So I'm probably okay, and I'm eager to catch up.

Pence still scares the fucking shit out of me, for the record.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: May 18, 2017, 09:55:41 pm »

If you're wondering what a special counsel is, this should shed some light.

TL:DR: the justice department has called in outside help due to conflicts of interest.  Its not the same thing as the independent prosecutor Bernie and the democrats are calling for, especially since congress had nothing to do with this, but it should have a similar effect.  The special counsel has authority as if he were a federal attorney.  His first step is going to be requesting money and employees from the government for his investigation; the FBI investigators will likely be included.

I don't believe this has happened very often.  There shouldn't be any precedents as to what Trump can or can't do to fuck with this guy, but it seems unlikely that any federal judges would take Trump's side on this issue.

Graham: Trump-Russia investigation is now a 'criminal investigation'

Of happenings?
Earlier, he tweeted that the decision was "the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history".
This isn't just funny because he's saying this is worse than McCarthy, its funny because the "witch hunts in American history" includes literal witch hunts.  We traded a constitutional scholar for this.

That's stretching constitutional scholar, considering some of the rather questionable decisions that came out of the last executive branch. Y'know, like the whole "assassinations of American citizens don't require any sort of due process" thing. 
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: May 18, 2017, 10:30:19 pm »

That's stretching constitutional scholar, considering some of the rather questionable decisions that came out of the last executive branch. Y'know, like the whole "assassinations of American citizens don't require any sort of due process" thing.
Well, being a constitutional scholar means that you study of the constitution academically, not that you're necessarily good at it. But I think this is actually pretty good evidence that he in fact is good at it; you have to know something pretty well to find loopholes that nobody else has exploited before.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: May 18, 2017, 11:49:09 pm »

Chaffetz says "I quit!".... on June 30th. Though this isn't an out of the blue announcement, he'd been saying for a while that he wanted to quit early.

The Chinese pull a Top Gun on us. lol
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:03:21 am by smjjames »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: May 19, 2017, 12:14:59 am »

Sadly, we've lost one of the greats. Roger Ailes has passed on to that great newsroom in the sky.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: May 19, 2017, 06:05:39 am »

Sweden just announced they've dropped the rape investigation against Assange.

Is that ameripol news? I don't know
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: May 19, 2017, 06:08:49 am »

Sadly, we've lost one of the greats. Roger Ailes has passed on to that great newsroom in the sky.

Man wouldn't that suck? Like... You work in a mine your whole life so your afterlife is just a really great mine shaft.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: May 19, 2017, 06:11:22 am »

Sweden just announced they've dropped the rape investigation against Assange.

Is that ameripol news? I don't know

Apparently the UK still want him for skipping bail to the Ecuadoran embassy in 2012.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: May 19, 2017, 06:40:54 am »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11883567
One of the reason Assange is skeptical of the whole legal thing is that when he was originally wanted for questioning in Sweden (even before any charges existed), Interpol issued a "red notice" for his detainment. And apparently that's pretty high level shit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpol_notice
There are eight types of notices, seven of which are colour-coded by their function: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, Orange, and Purple. The most well-known notice is the Red Notice which is the "closest instrument to an international arrest warrant in use today."

It was highly bizarre that such a notice was issued for a person for which no arrest warrant actually existed, i.e. they were desperate to get him "into the system" even before the original investigation was completed, and before any charges had been laid.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:47:22 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 3563