Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4155579 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6390 on: May 16, 2017, 05:37:19 pm »

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

Mr. Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said. It is unclear whether Mr. Comey told the Justice Department about the conversation or his memos.
;;;
Well that's certainly something.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: May 16, 2017, 06:16:32 pm »

One HUGE problem Trump created is that... because he will just give out classified info, OTHER PEOPLE'S CLASSIFIED INFO, on a whim or to win points with Russia... and that he has shown that he has "Every right to do it"

Would you trust him with the vital national secrets to your country? Or will he just use it as a stepping stone for his own ambition?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: May 16, 2017, 06:25:01 pm »

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

Mr. Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said. It is unclear whether Mr. Comey told the Justice Department about the conversation or his memos.
;;;
Well that's certainly something.

And the WH is now denying that Trump ever did that. So, Comeys word against theirs, and apparently it's part of a 'paper trail' that Comey left behind at the FBI.

And now, a Republican Senator is about ready to do a subopena on the Comey memo and get to the bottom of this.

Also, why the heck didn't Comey report it to the appropriate Senate/House committees that Trump had done so?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: May 16, 2017, 07:02:33 pm »

is pretty actively working against our and our allies interests on a number of fronts.
i'm not saying the trump leak isn't a big deal.

but can we stop saying "our interests" please.

the interests of the American military-intelligence complex are not the interests of the American people. John Q. Public doesn't care about Syrian pipelines.
And syrian pipelines aren't the only interest of russia (or US intelligence folks, for that matter). It's a good catchall term, given there's a fair few areas public and private our relationship with 'em isn't exactly stellar.

Russia's conflicts with us on the intelligence/military/etc. fronts are only part of the reason at-best carelessness in regards to other entities that aren't quite so at odds with us, to russia's benefit, is as questionable a thing as it is.

... any case, it's supposed to be part of a POTUS's job to be concerned about the interests of the american military-intelligence complex, particularly when they involve possible knock on effects that could end up involving said JQP, so that those of us in those lots don't have to worry too much about it. Spook interests may not necessarily be the public's, but presidential attentiveness to them kinda' is, yeah?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: May 16, 2017, 08:00:47 pm »

Oh lord this has been comedic reading about after the fact.

Trump: We should be doing investigations to find the leakers!
Media: Uh, we're hearing that Trump shared classified info, and is in fact the leaker now?
Russian Media: Yep.
Trump Staff: That is a goddamn lie!
Trump: Uh, no it isn't, I totally did that, you were there.
Trump Staff: Uh, the President is allowed to do that stuff.

Or y'know, wait four years and get someone better elected. If the people of the country are fucked up enough not to notice and change things, all the stormed bastilles in the world won't result in anything nicer, unless, once the ash settles, we roll really, really well on our enlightened despot check.
I promise to be a just and well-informed ruler, and I will rain down fire on all who oppose me in a fair and balanced manner.

Upside: we're getting launch loops, bitches!
Downside: I'll be running a side project using orbital platforms to sterilize Florida, New Jersey, Ohio, and Southern California.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: May 16, 2017, 08:01:21 pm »

Make multiple levels, like a big stadium or concert hall.
Loads and loads of levels, around a steeply banked auditorium, so that everyone can hear and see everyone else as best they can.  But, for those taking the 'floor', perhaps arrange for sets of seats (probably grouped per locality of representatives) to actually detach from the sides and be automatically brought out into the centre...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's a terrible photoshop of Mitch McConnell.

At this rate, Putin will have our nuclear launch codes by Memorial Day.
"You know, Mr. President....a true powerful leader has nuclear launch codes. Is a shame you don't have also."
"Oh, I've got them. They're the best codes. They changed it especially for me, so I could remember them. It's 1-2-3-4-5. Same code I have on my luggage, you know that?"

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/12/launch-code-for-us-nukes-was-00000000-for-20-years/

There is that.... ^

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6396 on: May 16, 2017, 08:08:12 pm »

I think the fact that, until Trump started bragging about it, the defense was "you can't believe anything an anonymous source says" shows how serious this is.

Rusty, if Hillary was president and gave classified intelligence to the Chinese, or hell, even the Germans, with no oversight, and then later bragged about it, would any republicans be arguing that she should be given the benifit of the doubt?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: May 16, 2017, 08:09:05 pm »

Make multiple levels, like a big stadium or concert hall.
Loads and loads of levels, around a steeply banked auditorium, so that everyone can hear and see everyone else as best they can.  But, for those taking the 'floor', perhaps arrange for sets of seats (probably grouped per locality of representatives) to actually detach from the sides and be automatically brought out into the centre...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's a terrible photoshop of Mitch McConnell.

At this rate, Putin will have our nuclear launch codes by Memorial Day.
"You know, Mr. President....a true powerful leader has nuclear launch codes. Is a shame you don't have also."
"Oh, I've got them. They're the best codes. They changed it especially for me, so I could remember them. It's 1-2-3-4-5. Same code I have on my luggage, you know that?"

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/12/launch-code-for-us-nukes-was-00000000-for-20-years/

There is that.... ^

And the British had essentially nothing for a long time, before upgrading to bicycle locks. It's an old, traditional habit.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: May 16, 2017, 08:29:16 pm »

I think the fact that, until Trump started bragging about it, the defense was "you can't believe anything an anonymous source says" shows how serious this is.

Rusty, if Hillary was president and gave classified intelligence to the Chinese, or hell, even the Germans, with no oversight, and then later bragged about it, would any republicans be arguing that she should be given the benifit of the doubt?

Um, the Germans are our ally.....

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6399 on: May 16, 2017, 08:37:54 pm »

Um, the Germans are our ally.....

Part of the point. If a Democratic president just dropped secrets on anyone, the Republicans would burn them at the stake -- and only barely figuratively. That it's a non-ally that interfered in our election and is bribing the president and the intelligence was supplied by an actual ally that now can no longer trust the USA to keep its secrets are all additional new features on top of the baseline hypocrisy.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: May 16, 2017, 08:40:28 pm »

(I don't think republicans would give Clinton the benefit of the doubt on anything, including just doing her job. :P)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: May 16, 2017, 08:46:27 pm »

So Lindsey Graham is saying it may be time for a special prosecutor, Jason Chaffetz is subpoenaing the Comey memos, and Ann Coulter is bailing on Trump.

Like all cold-blooded predators, Republicans smell blood in the water. Now the fun will be to see who drops Trump like a flaming ball of Ebola, and who rides that crazy train all the way to the ground, Slim Pickens-style.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: May 16, 2017, 11:00:41 pm »

Graham invites Comey to testify before Senate panel

Seems like things are picking up, surprisingly enough. Although, some people on Tweeter are saying that it's because the GOP donors are threatening to pull out their funding. Makes sense - having more money for themselves is about the only thing GOP actually cares about.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: May 16, 2017, 11:40:19 pm »

A miracle will be if something actually freeken happens.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 3563