Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4152360 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6240 on: May 12, 2017, 06:37:39 am »

And how far back does the historic data you have go?

You wont like where that goes.

Early in the evolution of early modern humans, there was a significant ecological catastrophe that nearly destroyed the human race. We know this from the extreme reduction in genetic diversity in later fossil specimens, which reached very close to the limit of what is possible for a species to endure before it cannot recover, due to genetic bottlenecking. 

This meant that mate selection was seriously pressured, and that intra-familial mating practices were the only game in town. (eg, incest. This has been determined using genetic testing of ancient remains) When taken with that angle, generalized human behavior under mate scarcity pressure results in lots of unsavory behaviors, even in modern humans (which we can use to help better understand the group behaviors of such societies). In populations where there is no strong established governmental force to enforce a restriction against ... certain practices... those practices will proliferate. See Africa, posted prior.

The horniness is not going to diminish, even when there are no mature women around-- basically. This leads to unpleasant realities as likely consequences.

It took many thousands of years for the human race to return to a large enough population for such reproductive pressures to diminish to levels sufficient to even ALLOW the invention of agriculture that Reelya mentions.

This reality alone substantiates my statement.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: May 12, 2017, 06:37:55 am »

A few years back there was a studies done here in the Netherlands. It showed that the average age when kids first have a sexual experience with another has been dropping the past decades. It averages at 14 years nowadays (back in my highschool days 25 years ago it still averaged at 15-16). Apparently some kids start having sex as young as 11-12. I'm not talking rape, incest or whatever, just highschool (primary school in some cases) sweethearts making out. Back then it sparked some debate about whether to move sexual education forward to a younger age. I think they did do that, I think they teach kids about safe sex and condoms at around age 10 now.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:42:58 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: May 12, 2017, 06:48:19 am »

Previous historians generally based the idea of "average" marriage / child age on avaiable accounts which entirely focus on royal marriages / childbearing.

Those historians however didn't know about the scientific link between diet and maturation ages, and it's a given that royals weren't living on the subsistence diets that the bulk of the population was living on. The royals would have probably had puberty ages as different from the commoners as current humans are from 1800's humans, or about 5-7 years lower.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:50:11 am by Reelya »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: May 12, 2017, 07:07:52 am »

and couldn't even get the numbers on failed pregnancies... Soo yeah could be pulling it out of their butt.
Does this even need a punchline?

Anyhoo... America First on climate...
Also: Caitlyn Jenner
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:11:30 am by Starver »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: May 12, 2017, 07:19:11 am »

I wonder if Trump will come up with a space program funding called America First on the Moon.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: May 12, 2017, 08:16:11 am »

For that matter, all the records I know of (and yeah, they don't go that far back because we don't have record for antiquity or the middle age) show an average age of first marriage in the mid-20's. As far as I can tell wierd is basically claiming that since Reelya only have good source for recent period, he's allowed to claim that whatever the fuck he decide was the historical reality before, based on nothing.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: May 12, 2017, 08:39:30 am »

...Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Well then.
._.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: May 12, 2017, 09:53:37 am »

Good, good... let the hate flow...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: May 12, 2017, 10:25:55 am »

...Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???

James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

Well then.

It's almost like he's deliberately fishing for Nixon comparisons.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: May 12, 2017, 10:27:21 am »

Polls should really start differentiating between "Traditional Polygamy [Think Mormons]" and "New Age Hippy Dippy Polyamory" :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: May 12, 2017, 10:39:16 am »

A few years back there was a studies done here in the Netherlands. It showed that the average age when kids first have a sexual experience with another has been dropping the past decades. It averages at 14 years nowadays (back in my highschool days 25 years ago it still averaged at 15-16). Apparently some kids start having sex as young as 11-12. I'm not talking rape, incest or whatever, just highschool (primary school in some cases) sweethearts making out. Back then it sparked some debate about whether to move sexual education forward to a younger age. I think they did do that, I think they teach kids about safe sex and condoms at around age 10 now.
Ohhh man, there was a *huge* kerfuffle in my area when the provincial government started updating sex ed. To hear some people (my sister-in-law being a prime example) they were gonna start teaching kindergarteners the ins and outs of anal sex.

If one were to actually *look* at the new curriculum, it's basic stuff, and they don't even get into sexual stuff before grade 5 or 6, depending on how you cut it. Before that it's basic anatomy and consent stuff, and the differences in sexual orientation and gender identity that do exist.

The kerfuffle recently died down, I think, as more people actually started learning what was actually going to be taught and not just reactionary people going crazy in the media. Before that though, it was just... fucking... everywhere. Fuckin' idiots. "Little Jimmy doesn't need to know what a penis is!" WHAT IF HE'S BEING MOLESTED, CAROL? HE NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL THE THING IS BEFORE HE CAN TELL PEOPLE HIS STEP-UNCLE IS TOUCHING IT, GOD DAMN.

Anywho.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: May 12, 2017, 11:10:27 am »

I would hope that the parents are teaching their own children that stuff. I understand that not all parents do that, but it is kind of sad.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: May 12, 2017, 11:17:33 am »

I would hope that the parents are teaching their own children that stuff. I understand that not all parents do that, but it is kind of sad.

Trusting parents to be competent is at least as naive as trusting the government to be competent. All education should be done via youtube.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: May 12, 2017, 11:30:28 am »

Trusting parents to be competent is at least as naive as trusting the government to be competent. All education should be done via twitter post chains by an asymmetric educational neural network AI.
Get with the times.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: May 12, 2017, 11:38:57 am »

Trusting parents to be competent is at least as naive as trusting the government to be competent. All education should be done via twitter post chains by an asymmetric educational neural network AI.
Get with the times.

So, twitter bots? Those have turned out well.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 3563